Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2021, 09:47   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The red wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
our vessel cannot be in the same place for both.
That's why sea mines where invented.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2021, 23:31   #17

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I got news for the Labour party… the activist gob****es on social media are the ‘MINORITY!’...they are costing you votes…let me give you an example..

Up Ossy they had a Labour guy who, week after week since he was first elected posted stuff evidencing how he was getting his hands dirty to help clear fly tipping, how he chased up potholes, poor signage, overgrown hedges, speeding issues etc, all the stuff a local councillor was supposed to do.. HE LOST!

You don’t have to be Sherlock to figure out why
For the Dr. Watsons..

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...hRjG1RMGXG4m2Q

No policies, no ideas, no alternatives, just smears....and don't even get me started on, interference in selection, jobs for the boys or local party coups

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...GcitxM6BwVOCzk

Vote Labour...the working class party...yeah right...
Old 28-05-2021, 08:44   #18
God Member

the above is a reason to take party politics out of local government. no matter what party that guy followed it did not make his work for the local community any better or worse. voting someone else in because of his party activists and parliamentary MP,s is totally rediculous.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 12:21   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
For the Dr. Watsons..

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...hRjG1RMGXG4m2Q

No policies, no ideas, no alternatives, just smears....and don't even get me started on, interference in selection, jobs for the boys or local party coups

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...GcitxM6BwVOCzk

Vote Labour...the working class party...yeah right...
So, the ex MP was trying to get this Independant guy to do what he had done just after he was elected to the house, betray his voters, after all he ignored our wishes so far as the EU was concerned and this chap was voted in as an independant and that is how his voters no doubt wish him to remain.

I can't wait for the next general election when the labour (we know better than you voting thickos) party will stupidly put Graham up for re-election and we get the chance to tell him to go away in short jerky movements.

Last edited by Less; 28-05-2021 at 12:23.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 16:04   #20
God Member

Is any thinking person really surprised at how little integrity and self-respect many politicians have?
Here’s the latest about one that was once considered to be such a paragon of integrity that he was elected to run the Commons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7212F1E6-5B24-4661-8111-6B63A0722E27.jpeg (710.0 KB, 14 views)
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 16:08   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i have wiped better than Bercow off the bottom of my shoes.
Old 28-05-2021, 21:51   #22

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

There are some really hard working local councillors on both sides,.. it's an absolute travesty that someone who is unelected can (allegedly)..offer chairmanship seats (who have double votes) to someone with an opposite political persuasion...

I guess this evidences why we have some really dross councillors (at least two lost seats this time), why we have wives, partners, brothers, aunts and second cousins etc standing year after year.

Politics is one of the few jobs that does not ask if you have a relative working for them

Last edited by Guinness; 28-05-2021 at 21:56.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2021, 08:25   #23
God Member

[QUOTE=Guinness;1254272]There are some really hard working local councillors on both sides,..

yes, i have known quite a number of them. the problem is that many in the past have not seeked re election after their time on the council is up. they just had enough of all the stuff that went on behind the scenes and did not want to become part of it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2021, 08:38   #24
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the above is a reason to take party politics out of local government. no matter what party that guy followed it did not make his work for the local community any better or worse. voting someone else in because of his party activists and parliamentary MP,s is totally rediculous.
If you were to look back over the many and varied political posts on this forum, you will find that I have said this many times.
Party politics in local government is not only unhelpful, it deters some people from voting.
But local politics is often the seed ground for those who have ‘national’ ambitions
Like our one time MP Graham Jones....that turned out well for us didn’t it?
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2021, 23:51   #25

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/25/nadia...ptsd-14640457/

..... the whole lot are no longer fit for purpose.

...... be thankful for nuclear weapons because this generation wouldn't stand a cat in a furnace's chance against the Russian or Chinese (or even North Korean) infant school let alone a proper army.

Last edited by Jimmy Clitheroe; 29-05-2021 at 23:56.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2021, 00:09   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

PTSD, really? Political Trougher Suffer Disappointment is what she's "Got", pathetic! Have a word with services personell who've been in a war zone where people are physically trying to kill them with IED's, bombs, bullets & not just hurty words & online death threats.

Face other peoples reality & I might just have some sympathy, but until then she's just another whiny snowflake who thinks she's being picked on & hard done to.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..