Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2021, 18:50   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Coming back, what's happened here?

I am very poor at growing green things…..but I was given a Kolanchoe plant last Christmas….it is still surviving my mistreatment….I was given another one around June….this too seems to be thriving on lack of water and has an abundance of pink flowers on it….so I am reviewing my skills in this area.
Though I do not think I am up to coping with an allotment.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2021, 18:51   #47
Beacon of light

If Mick were still around we would be getting our legs slapped for a major thread wander!
david1, odders and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:14   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy, don’t you have dock leaves on your allotment…..nettles and dock leaves usually grow close by one another too.
Yes Marge, when I started clearing the allotment in 2016 it was full of nettles, docks, and swathes of couch grass but finally after five years it is now (almost) weed free, so if I do get the occasional nettle rash nowadays the antidote, ie the dock leaves are no longer available to me, maybe I should have left the odd dock plant but it is now a little too late, If I do manage to spot one I shall nurture it like a flower. Thanks for mentioning it, it is something tha I had not thought of.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:08   #49

;Can a mod now close this thread? I have been lurking and trying to catch up. Well I ain't signed into Facepalm in over a decade. So I didn't know, got it

Taddy make your own thread about your allotment, love seeing a good cabbage. Anything outdoors in pic...

Sorry for any offence, shame for all....

Keep Smiling, enjoy your day all.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:10   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If Mick were still around we would be getting our legs slapped for a major thread wander!
Funny though innit?
Old 09-11-2021, 12:04   #51
Beacon of light

Well it wouldn’t be funny to Mick…he was eagle eyed.
odders likes this.
Old 09-11-2021, 13:11   #52

MargP, let's move off this thread. It's pointless. Whilst some were meant to believe! I didn't...let's move this on...
Old 09-11-2021, 14:20   #53
Beacon of light

Odders….I don’t think it has been that pointless…..it has stimulated responses from a few people and that is what is needed…..and there have been some threads rejuvenated….a couple that you have woken up(but not in the woke sense)…..and some new posts started too.
Yes we have wandered off the point a bit…but that is the nature of conversations…they meander…but usually come back on track eventually.
So….you have done us something of a favour.
odders likes this.
Old 09-11-2021, 15:41   #54

Taddy make your own thread about your allotment, love seeing a good cabbage. Anything outdoors in pic...

Sorry if you think (wrongly) that I am stealing "YOUR" thread, my allotment has now gone into hibernation mode for the winter, maybe you should try it and come back when the warmer weather returns,
odders likes this.
Old 09-11-2021, 23:05   #55

Taďdy it's not MY thread, I'm just saying. Post on your own, it will get lost in this nonsense...

I'm off to reserect old threads, enjoy mate.

Wish I could hibernate
taddy likes this.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:25   #56
Beacon of light

Me too!
Old 13-11-2021, 07:16   #57

That is actually a good suggestion of Odders, Taddy. Why not start a gardening thread where members can ask your advice about when to plant, what to plant, how to care for their garden, general gardening talk, that sort of thing. Or maybe once a question is asked then others might be able to make suggestions also to answer the question. I can’t see a gardening section already on the site. I stand corrected if there is. I think it is worth a try.

Last edited by dotti34; 13-11-2021 at 07:18.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2021, 08:17   #58
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
That is actually a good suggestion of Odders, Taddy. Why not start a gardening thread where members can ask your advice about when to plant, what to plant, how to care for their garden, general gardening talk, that sort of thing. Or maybe once a question is asked then others might be able to make suggestions also to answer the question. I can’t see a gardening section already on the site. I stand corrected if there is. I think it is worth a try.
Over in the Community/Social groups section Mick used to do a gardening club every year, Taddy could start it up again:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/groups/

Perhaps call it 'Mick's memorial gardening club'?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2021, 09:55   #59

[QUOTE=dotti34;1259349]That is actually a good suggestion of Odders, Taddy. Why not start a gardening thread where members can ask your advice about when to plant, what to plant, how to care for their garden, general gardening talk, that sort of thing. Or maybe once a question is asked then others might be able to make suggestions also to answer the question. I can’t see a gardening section already on the site. I stand corrected if there is. I think it is worth a try.

Sorry Dotti and Less, the names Taddy not Titchmarsh, there is a big difference between doing what one has learnt by watching and learning from older countryside people, i.e. Gardening, Rabbiting, ferreting, fishing etc and teaching or putting across to others what is stored in the old grey matter between the ears; as the grey matter is now approaching 75 years of age it becomes increasingly harder to extract information from it, or as Mrs Taddy keeps telling me, "you are losing your memory", to which I always reply, I am not losing it but there are 75 years of recollections in there which take longer to extract than someone who has only 30 or 40 years to remember. Never the less, (Less),(Dotti), I shall keep it in mind, as long as I can remember that is.
Old 13-11-2021, 10:04   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

join the club taddy my memories knackered lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..