Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2021, 15:29   #61
Beacon of light

Re: Coming back, what's happened here?

[QUOTE=taddy;1259363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
That is actually a good suggestion of Odders, Taddy. Why not start a gardening thread where members can ask your advice about when to plant, what to plant, how to care for their garden, general gardening talk, that sort of thing. Or maybe once a question is asked then others might be able to make suggestions also to answer the question. I can’t see a gardening section already on the site. I stand corrected if there is. I think it is worth a try.

Sorry Dotti and Less, the names Taddy not Titchmarsh, there is a big difference between doing what one has learnt by watching and learning from older countryside people, i.e. Gardening, Rabbiting, ferreting, fishing etc and teaching or putting across to others what is stored in the old grey matter between the ears; as the grey matter is now approaching 75 years of age it becomes increasingly harder to extract information from it, or as Mrs Taddy keeps telling me, "you are losing your memory", to which I always reply, I am not losing it but there are 75 years of recollections in there which take longer to extract than someone who has only 30 or 40 years to remember. Never the less, (Less),(Dotti), I shall keep it in mind, as long as I can remember that is.
While appreciate what you are saying Taddy…..those years of watching old gardeners were valuable to you….you got hints, tips advice from those who had the life experience……they probably got it the hard way…by doing it wrong first.

I am sure that you are a mine of useful information about how to do things….how to grow things…..and how to solve problems.
So you sell yourself short….and memory about doin* things is different from remembering dates, or technical stuff.
So I think you would have a head start.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2021, 23:31   #62

Cashy, you might say your memory is not what it used to be but I bet you can still remember those really important milestones in your life. You know the ones - where and when you had your first pint, the first girl you dated (and possibly where you went), and that most important event – the first time you watched Accrington Stanley. Come on, Cashy – I bet you remember those occasions.
odders and monkey hanger like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 09:48   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Cashy, you might say your memory is not what it used to be but I bet you can still remember those really important milestones in your life. You know the ones - where and when you had your first pint, the first girl you dated (and possibly where you went), and that most important event – the first time you watched Accrington Stanley. Come on, Cashy – I bet you remember those occasions.
its actually surprising things you can remember from the far distant past. even those with health problems can remember something that happened pre school days but not what they had for dinner yesterday. always beware of the person who seems to remember stuff from the past. they may not have a better memory than you but are better at research.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 10:21   #64

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1259377][QUOTE=taddy;1259363]

While appreciate what you are saying Taddy…..those years of watching old gardeners were valuable to you….you got hints, tips advice from those who had the life experience……they probably got it the hard way…by doing it wrong first.

I am sure that you are a mine of useful information about how to do things….how to grow things…..and how to solve problems.
So you sell yourself short….and memory about doin* things is different from remembering dates, or technical stuff.
So I think you would have a head start.

Many thanks for that Marge but as for selling myself "quote" (SHORT), how did you know that I am only five foot four inches tall?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 10:23   #65
Beacon of light

Because you came and picked up the lost Ferret….but you know that is not what was meant!
taddy likes this.
Old 14-11-2021, 13:09   #66

It's crazy what you remember without thinking...reading back its like (seriously that was me) . What was I on
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 15:24   #67
Beacon of light

And could you remember what it was that you were on Odders?
Old 21-11-2021, 21:45   #68

I wouldn't want to Marg, somethings are best forgotten. Past is past, today is what, matters... thread certainly ran its course and I seem to have grasped the answer...let's just keep posting whatever...I like being back. I'm actually reading some Stanley posts, cause they're there lol, thanks everyone
cashman likes this.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 11:24   #69
Beacon of light

Yes Odders you are right.
Today is all we can be certain of.
I am glad that you are enjoying being back…and it seems like this thread did encourage a few more people to post….for which, we have to be glad.
I hope you(and a few others) do keep posting because I like reading what others post.
cashman and odders like this.
Old 22-11-2021, 13:20   #70

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1259815]Yes Odders you are right.
Today is all we can be certain of.
I am glad that you are enjoying being back…and it seems like this thread did encourage a few more people to post….for which, we have to be glad.
I hope you(and a few others) do keep posting because I like reading what others post

I have plenty of posts on my allotment marge. how many do you want?
Old 22-11-2021, 13:23   #71

Sorry Odders, wrong post,(again)
odders likes this.
Old 22-11-2021, 13:51   #72
Beacon of light

Get a grip Taddy!
Anyone would think you were an old gimmer
Old 22-11-2021, 17:03   #73
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Get a grip Taddy!
Anyone would think you were an old gimmer

Must admit you got me there I’d thought of many names for taddy but a gimmer?
Had to look it up, still none the wiser, how is he a sheep between his first and second cut?
odders and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 18:35   #74
Beacon of light

It is a slang name for an oldie...not sure that it is in common use, neither is it politically correct.
So there you are Less...Again Accyweb has educated us both...I did not know it was the name for a two toothed Ewe.
Less and odders like this.
Old 22-11-2021, 19:21   #75
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is a slang name for an oldie...not sure that it is in common use, neither is it politically correct.
So there you are Less...Again Accyweb has educated us both...I did not know it was the name for a two toothed Ewe.

NOT politically correct? Are you trying to bring the site to shame?
I hope the mods correct this transgression immediately!

Or

Maybe we could just say let it be?

Cue the song…
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..