Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2021, 17:21   #31
God Member

Re: When is banter...just banter?

Hoist by his own petard?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59338118

Strange how all that institutional racism didn’t stop Yorkshire making him that County’s youngest ever captain.
He comes across as a failed sporting wunderkind, who never quite lived up to the early hype, and is now desperately seeking someone or something else to blame.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2021, 17:41   #32
Beacon of light

Ooh Exile…you beat me to it.
So it is bad that he was abused…yet he did not consider back then, that his anti Semitic comments were in the same vein as those he took exception to

He has said he is sorry….but maybe he is only sorry that he got caught out…or maybe his own experiences have made him truly sorry….which is it, do you think?
I am saying nowt…but I know what I think.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-11-2021 at 17:44.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2021, 17:57   #33
Beacon of light

Oh yes….and these anti Semitic comments were in an exchange between Rafiq and another Asian man(not sure if he was a cricketer) so his hands are not clean are they?
odders likes this.
Old 18-11-2021, 18:21   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think hes a bit of a con man looking for a few bob. also a hypocrite reminds me of Keir Starmer.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 18-11-2021 at 18:24.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2021, 19:30   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think hes a bit of a con man looking for a few bob. also a hypocrite reminds me of Keir Starmer.
Well, they’re both expert spinners.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2021, 19:48   #36
Beacon of light

I wonder if those who have been removed from their jobs, will now be reinstated….I won’t hold my breath.
Old 18-11-2021, 21:55   #37

When I made this thread it was because I just had a feeling. Someone somewhere can find your history online. I see the apologies aren't what he's been asking of everyone else. If I had paid out money, I would be claiming it back. For his bull muck press releases.

The comments about it been different to racism not in the workplace. Nah, go dunk your head. He's as bad as anyone he's accused.

I'm glad the fraudster has been found out.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 09:32   #38
God Member

show me someone who is or thinks they are totally squeeky clean just to shock me. doubt they exist or have ever existed. its just the lefties again that want certain people to be clean for their own ends.
Less and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 16:04   #39
Beacon of light

MH you are right, but the difference is this man was trying to gain advantage…..or even a pay out…..now he is saying his misdemeanour is not as bad as the racist abuse that he was subjected to…..that is because the anti semitic abuse was aimed at others, not him.
He shed tears at the hurt the ‘racist abuse’ caused him…but was unconcerned about how Jews might see his comments.
Since when has the excuse ‘your wrong is worse than my wrong’ been valid.
He is a hypocrite.
He is sorry because he has been found out.
Old 19-11-2021, 19:03   #40

And the Jewish remark was aimed towards one of his own brethren.
Should have got his money and ran, now the whole sport is being ripped apart. All because someone who sought fame, attention and a bloody big payday.
Has anyone actually found the name of she/he who actually should be credited for exposing the fraudster?
Old 19-11-2021, 19:11   #41
Beacon of light

Maybe the way forward is not to have ethnic players in a team….no, of course that would inflame the inclusivity snowflakes….so would not be allowed.
The world has gone mad.
Old 19-11-2021, 20:01   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Maybe the way forward is not to have ethnic players in a team….no, of course that would inflame the inclusivity snowflakes….so would not be allowed.
The world has gone mad.
No black ball in snooker, unless it says ' lives matter ' on it.
Old 20-11-2021, 09:40   #43
Beacon of light

I am really surprised that no one has suggested that the black ball be replaced by a rainbow coloured ball with the same value as the black ball…this would encompass both wokery and the folk whose gender/sexual preferences are different.
I wonder what would happen if it were tried…and whether it would be called the ‘coloured’ ball.
odders and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-11-2021, 10:00   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I am really surprised that no one has suggested that the black ball be replaced by a rainbow coloured ball with the same value as the black ball…this would encompass both wokery and the folk whose gender/sexual preferences are different.
I wonder what would happen if it were tried…and whether it would be called the ‘coloured’ ball.
Just as silly I suppose as this:-
https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...et-are-amended
Now I can't really see a need, a male 'batter' is still a 'batsman' a female 'batter' is still a 'batswoman', males & females don't at the moment compete in the same teams so until they do why change it? Unless? it's to cover the whole of cricket in gender neutral gloop in which case if you are 'gender neutral, surely you don't qualify to play for any of the official teams.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 10:20   #45
God Member

Quote:
in that case they could not put a value in potting that ball. the all inclusive ball would be worth what the player thought of it. would be zero points if i was playing.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..