Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2022, 20:55   #1
Beacon of light

Tony Blair Knighted

Well, that is a turn up for the books.
That odious snake of a man has been given a knighthood in the NY Honours list.
I hope when they use the sword…it is sharp….and her Maj slips and slices his carotid artery……maybe that would make me feel better.

I thought the Queen disliked this man.
Stevie R likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2022, 09:49   #2
God Member

Re: Tony Blair Knighted

nothing to do with her as she does not pick the names. then it just adds more ammunition for people like me who want to see an end to all these honours lists for good. the ones given to local people for work done have always felt that they are there to keep people on side with the whole affair. just wonder how blairs credit would have gone up if he had actually refused the award. he has missed a good Google Page Ranking opportunity there that surprises me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:20   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well theres more than 130.000 signed a petition to strip him of it in2 days already, not that it will make any difference. i hope that petition comes my way. thing is the queen HAS to make ALL prime ministers so, all she has done is delay his for years its protocol or some rubbish like that, i was surprised it took this long.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:02   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Knifed not knighted would have been my preference for the creature Blair. The "man" is a stain upon the UK with all the things he, his govt & that screeching witch of a wife of his have done to destroy the UK.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:47   #5
God Member

lots of the garbage we now have can be laid on the period of him being PM. possibly only the good friday aggreement was the highlight and only one of his time in office. the other one was to eventually split the labour party for good.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:02   #6
Beacon of light

No, she does not provide the names of who is going to be given honours, but she has the right to refuse those that she considers inappropriate….so she has had to have agreed to this.

Where in society do war criminals deserve honours.
He was the one who promoted multiculturalism and look where that got us.
He did not follow up on his promises of Education, education, education….and as for being tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime, well that worked didn’t it.

He was made an Ambassador to the Middle East…..a place of war and corruption….and he did not improve anything.
He was where the Labour Party lost it…because he made it Tory light…..not really Tory but most certainly not Labour.

Calling him a snake is a slur against snakes….he is a louse, a blood sucking, self promoting useless louse who made money off the back of misery.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-01-2022, 13:33   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

are you sure she has the right? this honour is given to ALL prime ministers as far as i know.she aint likely to change what has always happened?shes not gonna upset the applecart to suit you now is she.
Old 02-01-2022, 13:58   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

by the way i hate Blair and his wife, and if he got summat incureable it wouldnt bother me in the least.
Old 02-01-2022, 14:01   #9
Beacon of light

Yes, I thinks so Cashy…and it might be that pressure has been brought to bear because the fact that he was not granted a knighthood meant those that followed him could not be knighted ahead of him.
I think it was being discussed on one of the politics shows a while ago.

I cannot abide this man….Cashy, I feel about him, the way you feel about Margaret Thatcher.
Just seeing his grinning face sets me in a rage.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-01-2022, 14:02   #10
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
by the way i hate Blair and his wife, and if he got summat incureable it wouldnt bother me in the least.
I just hope that I am around when Karma calls to deliver his just desserts…..and I hope he gets a sh*tty spoon…..one that has a razor edge and cuts his lying tongue off.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-01-2022, 14:08   #11
Beacon of light

Speaking of Honours…it is thirty years since my dear departed Ma was given the British Empire Medal.
Now that is where the honours should go.
To the little people who keep the wheels turning….who give of themselves and expect nothing in return.
Not these swivel eyed celebs and political no marks.
Old 02-01-2022, 14:27   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

have to be honest i despise him and his wife even more than i despise thatcher and i did not think that would be possible. just shows lifes full of surprises.
Old 02-01-2022, 18:20   #13

Calm Down people, enough already.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 20:01   #14
Beacon of light

Being told to calm down never works for me Taddy…in fact if anything it infuriates me even more….that is just the way I am.
It is like being told not to worry…that doesn’t work either.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:44   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;
Just seeing his grinning face sets me in a rage.[/QUOTE]

the man of the rictus grin. he was the one that started me off saying that whatever he does and say i,ll do the opposite to have more chance of getting it right. at least now they have found someone worse than jimmy savile to give a honour too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..