Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2022, 11:34   #31
God Member

Re: Tony Blair Knighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Well, that can certainly be said about Blair before he even gets it.
He should be on trial at The Hague for war crimes.
thats not the only thing he,ll be remembered for. we are still fighting against him immegration and so called human rights policies he brought in. anything we do not like about todays great britain can be traced back to him where he either brought in or sown the seeds for it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2022, 16:42   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thats not the only thing he,ll be remembered for.

Quite, if the rumours are to be believed about Teflon Tony & his "Miranda" exploits.
Old 04-01-2022, 17:01   #33
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just read this, not a popular chappy the "Jackanapes".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Years-Honours
Old 04-01-2022, 17:45   #34

I do realise that everyone is entitled to their own views but come on people this post is getting rather out of hand, I have no time for Blair but I have just finished reading a book about a "select" mission that was authorised by the Blair government to send our troops into Sierra Leone, to stop the so called "west side boys killing, raping, chopping the hands off babies,in order to restore some kind of humanity to the country. I think that being a democratic country we should be prepared to help out other nations that "ask for our help".
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 18:43   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats all well and good taddy, but end of the day Blair lied to many when he sent people to die in iraq. you may forgive that but i and many do not, i voted labour all my life and was a member of the party 20 odd years, if you think he deserves that honour thats up to you.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-01-2022, 19:00   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I I think that being a democratic country we should be prepared to help out other nations that "ask for our help".

Helping out when asked is all well & good Tads, but 46-47,000 British troops from all 3 services were initially deployed in 2003 to Iraq, all based on a whole pile of lies & Blairs ego.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-01-2022, 19:01   #37
Beacon of light

Taddy I have no qualms with helping out other countries.
To be fair, the Brits are the first to put their hands in their pockets to give from their hearts.

Yes of course you are entitled to your opinion…..but if you look back, it was the era when the Labour Party lost its way….this man and his policies were responsible for damaging the fabric of this country.
He allowed uncontrolled immigration, believing that this would increase the voter base of the Labour Party.
He lied to the people of this country regarding the war in Iraq….and the weapons of Mass destruction.
He was responsible for the loss of life in the Military community, but also civilians in Iraq
Then there was the covered up death of David Kelly….also whitewashed to deflect interest and blame.

This honour is the top honour in Chivalry….he cannot be considered chivalrous by any stretch of the imagination.
While you may think that this is over the top….there are a lot of people in the country who wish to make some sort of protest over this award.

It will not make much difference because the MPs will not be allowed to debate the issue due to Parliamentary rules….but at least we can show the man how little the population think of him….not that this will cause him any loss of sleep.
If he had anything about him he would turn down the award…but of course he won’t

The fact that Keir Starmer supports this award also shows how out of touch he is with public opinion
cashman, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:54   #38

Cashy, Dave, Marge, I am right with you on the Iraq war but as for Blair being called a war criminal don't agree,as far as I am aware in order to be cited as a war criminal you need to have broken the Geneva Convention but I stand to be corrected on that.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:59   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
as far as I am aware in order to be cited as a war criminal you need to have broken the Geneva Convention .
Or perhaps to be branded a war criminal all it needs is good and honest citizens to disapprove of your morally corrupt actions?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:20   #40
Beacon of light

It has today transpired that Geoff Hoon was told to burn documents that showed the war to be illegal…he was the Minister for Defence at the time….Now why would he do that if it was not illegal? The death of Dr David Kelly was alleged to be because he was about to spill the beans regarding this….and his supposed suicide has been called into question by many medics who know what a suicide looks like….but all were silenced.

I am sure that I read that the attorney general warned TB that the invasion would be illegal….and that legal charges took place to the wording of documents to make this less clear(meaning lies)…but I cannot find these right now(isn’t that a surprise!)
Blair took this country to war with Iraq on the false premise of WMD…..and George Bush was implicated in this decision….Blair was his puppet….and he wanted to go down in the History book like Maggie Thatcher with the Falklands war.

Blair should be locked up, not knighted.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...could-illegal/

Just so that you can read it for yourself.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:21   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh missed LYING out in that sentence Less.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:50   #42
Beacon of light

Q: How do you know when Tony Blair is lying.
A: His mouth is moving.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:13   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

The fact that Keir Starmer supports this award also shows how out of touch he is with public opinion
he is a rich politician therefore that makes him out of touch for a start. with all the advisers these people have he surely could have supported the decision in a different way and not go pro tony on us. even saying something like every ex PM are never fully supported but everyone gets a knighthood who did it may have been a better course to follow.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:29   #44
Beacon of light

Giving every past PM an honour devalues that honour immediately.

It fails to differentiate between those that were good, those that were mediocre and those that were quite frankly, useless….John Major falls into that category.

Tony Blair deserves a category all to himself…..he was not just bad, he was atrocious….he damaged the fabric of UK society with his damnable policies.
Old 05-01-2022, 17:05   #45

Interesting piece on Clem Attlee. When a Labour prime minister had the wellbeing of the country at heart.

https://www.gov.uk/government/histor...clement-attlee
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..