Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2022, 16:04   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Tony Blair Knighted

it is point scoring but if it made me look stupid i would not do it.
Old 13-01-2022, 16:21   #62

As you say Marge, I like you think that Dominic Cummings has something to do with all these (so called leaks) but then again if you (sack), the very person who has engineered the "Lets get Brexit done" and then claimed that it was all your idea in the first place, very much like Donald of "Trumpton", a mythical place on C.B.B.C. then he deserves everthing that he gets. The only thing that worries me is that other than maybe Liz Truss, who? has the skills to take on the job of running the country? certainly no paper waving Labour come "communist" speakeasy.

Last edited by taddy; 13-01-2022 at 16:26.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 16:30   #63
Beacon of light

Taddy….my thoughts too.
Except I cannot see anyone on the horizon who is commanding enough to step into the breech if Boris is evicted.
Not altogether sure about Liz Truss….in fact…No, can’t see anyone with the round things in the underwear department that might be strong enough to stand up to the Whitehall mandarins….you know those unelected bodies that pull the strings on every politician in office.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 16:35   #64
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it is point scoring but if it made me look stupid i would not do it.
The thing is Cashy….as you so eloquently pointed out….they are too stupid to think….and they do not live in the world that we inhabit.
The fact that they thought they could get away with a party while the rest of the country was following the rules (those that THEY made for US to follow) is evidence of this…if evidence were needed….and Dominic Cummins, and Matt Hancock clearly thought that they did not need to comply…there were others too.
Yet we, the hoi polloi were considered to be too irresponsible to,look after ourselves without their intervention.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 16:40   #65
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Labour come "communist" speakeasy.
A strange party is that, the only communist party with tory leanings, I believe at the close of their next annual do they'll be singing, 'we'll paint the red flag blue again'.
cashman, taddy, taddy and 1 others like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2022, 09:06   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Boris should have come clean sooner...

Boris & the rest of the political ilk regardless of party don't do "coming clean", not unless they've been found out & the tv news, papers or opposition parties start crowing about it to anyone who'll listen! (While at the same time trying to hide their own dirty little secrets)
Old 22-02-2022, 17:42   #67
Full Member+

Absolutely stinks. Granting Blaire a knighthood is like giving the Devil a sainthood.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..