Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2022, 22:01   #46

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: The n.h.s.

And yet another example of the North/South divide.

A child has to wait for an ambulance for an excessive amount of time and the parents are told to get her to hospital themselves, and according to reports very risky moving a child with these kind of injuries without professional guidance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-61419420

It's been plastered over the news, radio and various vacuous Jeremy Vine/Loose Women type media today as though it's a sudden occurrence....many cries, much amazement and 'Oh Good Grief the ambulance service is at breaking point'

Whilst I have sympathy for the family in question, I have zero respect for the reporting media...I got news for these people...

This has been happening for the last 18 months 'Oop that there North place' with zero comments, hand wringing, scourging or sackcloth and ashes from a media that supposedly represents the 'whole' country...

But hey...we aren't the metropolitan elite of Hertfordshire so our warnings and cries for help have been ignored, as usual.

Our ambulances have been stuck at A&E waiting to drop off casualties, because of the 'I cant see my GP so I came here with my wart brigade' or worse still have attended a fatal heart attack in 12 minutes only to have to wait for a further 180 minutes for the police to turn up take photos of the body...

How outdated is this??....Surely we could give paramedics a 3 hour course on how to take photos on their mobile phones of an 86 year old heart attack victim and how to distinguish the probability of possible foul play! Especially when the police invariably ask the paramedics opinion on cause of death for their tick box forms.

Then again the police may actually have to do 'policing' like solving crime, dealing with burglaries and anti social behaviour instead of sitting at the end of a phone giving you incident numbers or offering refreshments and dancing with eco-terrorists.
Old 16-05-2022, 10:55   #47
God Member

If there’s anyone still out there (other than the entire staff of the BBC) who can’t understand why patient waiting lists and nhs funding both increase simultaneously, here’s one possible reason.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/05/16/...crease-just-7/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 11:18   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the big wigs who run the NHS are totally useless, i feel sorry for the ordinary workers they have to follow whats been told by the clowns.
Old 16-05-2022, 16:55   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the big wigs who run the NHS are totally useless, i feel sorry for the ordinary workers they have to follow whats been told by the clowns.
The saying used to be Lions led by Donkeys.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 17:25   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
The saying used to be Lions led by Donkeys.
the saying was spot on taddy, in my opinion.
Old 16-05-2022, 19:10   #51
Beacon of light

Yes….and there are not enough lions and too many well paid Donkeys.
cashman and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2022, 10:04   #52
Beacon of light

Yesterday I read a report carried by a number of Mainstream media that the NHS is going to fund transgender surgery……yet there was another report that told of something like 40 conditions where medications would no longer be prescribed on the NHS.
Some of these were mild conditions, but some(like constipation….a common side effect of chronic pain meds) have serious impact on the lives of sufferers.

My daughter has had serious life changing surgery as a result of cancer…..she cannot see a doctor….she cannot see her consultant and her six monthly scans have not happened in the last 18 months.

Haven’t they lost the plot a bit here?
Shouldn’t those who are dealing with life threatening illness get treatment promptly?

Six months ago a young male friend had a polyp removed at a colonoscopy…….he had bern told it was nothing to worry about.
Last week he was seen at a meeting with a consultant (and an NHS Lawyer was present) to be told that he has bowel cancer and needs surgery and will very likely need chemo as well.

Yet if you are a man who ‘feels’ they should be female…..then you will get your treatment at no cost!
Old 26-05-2022, 10:43   #53
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Liked it, but I didn’t like it Marge.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2022, 13:38   #54
Beacon of light

Yes Less...I think I know what you mean.
You liked the fact that I had brought it to your attention, but do not like how the NHS is squandering money...or at least that is my hope.
Less likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..