Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2022, 08:23   #1

Who would you let run the country?

This isn't about colours or aligning to a party. Its who out there in those 570+ parliamentary seats. If there's a vgood front bencher through the last 2years of nonsense its....

Brother Rishi

Im sure there's some good backbenchers who continually support their community. But who's got the balls to stepup make this country proud again.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2022, 10:26   #2
God Member

Re: Who would you let run the country?

have always wondered why backbenchers from both sides of the house always remain there even when popular in their constituancies but others always seem earmarked for success.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:53   #3
Beacon of light

Nope I cannot see anyone who I could nominate to run the country.

Not only that, changing leaders right now is not the best idea……there is a lot of stuff that needs dealing with, but I cannot see anyone who has the cojones or the brains to do it.
(Yes, these career politicians are all well educated, but that does not mean they have brains or skills to do the sorting)

What I do know is that Keir Starmer and his crew would definitely be out of the running.
The stock in trade of politicians is lies, obfuscations and skulduggery…….oh yes and a thick skin.
If you do not have those then you will go nowhere in politics
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:59   #4
God Member

the unfornunate thing is that the country has come to a stage where its become more like a presidential election. people vote for one leader or another and not the policies they stand for.
Old 02-02-2022, 14:42   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

saw a video Starmer made yesterday he says another election should say yes or no to Remain In Brexit, a great example of how he loves DEMOCRACY, i dont think. so that to me is a great example of what could happen if we change leader, whon you know damn well there are remoaners on every side of politics. if anyone who voted leave is that thick i would be stunned.

Last edited by cashman; 02-02-2022 at 14:47.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:58   #6
God Member

democracy is great when politicians get there own way. it always makes me wonder how much those remainers have lost in their back pockets when the vote went against them.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:09   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
democracy is great when politicians get there own way. it always makes me wonder how much those remainers have lost in their back pockets when the vote went against them.
thats the only thing the anti democratic gets care about,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:48   #8
Senior Member+

People cannot see that Keir Starmer is a sick man - he's got bellyache.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:49   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

anyone who let jimmy saville off has more than bellyache imho.
Old 12-04-2022, 18:41   #10

Not somebody who doesn't know what his own rules. I knew I couldn't have a party. Got to ask, what other rules don't he know. We shouldn't be stuck with somebody because nobody else is suitable.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 19:33   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
Not somebody who doesn't know what his own rules. I knew I couldn't have a party. Got to ask, what other rules don't he know. We shouldn't be stuck with somebody because nobody else is suitable.
perhaps someone says the same about you mark?
Old 13-04-2022, 05:18   #12

We have a Federal election coming up in May over here and I received a funny this morning which just about sums up what I think of politicians.

‘Circuses are struggling to find new clowns as top prospects continue to go into politics’.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 10:32   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
The thing is the rule makers did not believe the rules were aimed at them.
There were others too who broke the rules and this was much earlier in the pandemic….when things were less clear about the virus and before the jabs got doled out.
Neil Ferguson was one who broke the rules for a bit of leg over with his paramour.
Dominic Cummings……the Hancock guy…..who was at one time minister for health.
And please do not try to tell me that there were none of those in the Labour Party slinging mud who were whiter than white…because I do not buy it.
There were lots of ordinary people too who either broke or stretched the rules to breaking point.
You may tell me that these were not running the country….NO….they weren’ t but you can only occupy the high ground if you are faultless.

The problem was caused by lockdown fatigue….and a series of rules that were made just so that it looked like something was being done.

You have to also remember that many of these people involved in this situation would be part of a working bubble….meeting in their day to day work…..and wasn’t it said that alcohol killed this virus?

The media have yet again whipped up a feeding frenzy….and the folk of this country who enjoy ‘outrage by proxy’ are getting high on the effects.
cashman, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 14:25   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
…..and wasn’t it said that alcohol killed this virus?

Best bit of advice they came up with if you ask me, so I therefore doubled my intake & I was fine, no covid for me!
taddy likes this.
Old 13-04-2022, 16:12   #15

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1265952]Best bit of advice they came up with if you ask me, so I therefore doubled my intake & I was fine, no covid for me!

I thought of something very simular (BUT) if I doubled my daily dose of hobgoblin then I would probably be unable to stand up for a day or two but then again (why not), you only get one opportunity in life.(hic, hic)
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..