Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2022, 10:15   #106
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The world of "Woke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My rose tinted specs are broken.
And my daughter thinks I am related to Aunty Acid…I told her that yes I was…but only by marriage!
Rennies is the answer gets rid of aunt acid.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2022, 11:20   #107
Beacon of light

I don’t want to be got rid of…I want to be included….seeing as so much store is placed on inclusivity.
dotti34 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 15:27   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as im concerned anyone woke is terminally STUPID.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 03-08-2022, 16:54   #109

Quote:
My rose tinted specs are broken.
And my daughter thinks I am related to Aunty Acid…I told her that yes I was…but only by marriage!
I have heard plenty of "Acidic" comments, but that has got to be in the top ten.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 16:12   #110
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as im concerned anyone woke is terminally STUPID.

Like I said to Taddy mate, if there's a niggle you've got Bud, you get it out there, don't hold back on account of decorum.
Old 20-08-2022, 18:32   #111
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And once more wokeism applies another layer of stupidity & incredulity to the mix, is there no end to the cretinous thinking?

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...royals-federer

Blokes should never be anywhere near such a female orientated issue, dear gawd, we're clueless enough when faced with it in the normal course of our daily lives & tend to run a mile to avoid any sort of engagement on the subject. So why the hell do they think appointing a bloke to such a position would be a good idea?
Old 20-08-2022, 18:51   #112
Beacon of light

Well, it is because it is the thing to do to satisfy diversity.
But my concerns are for the young girls getting advice from a MAN…..yes, I know that there are male nurses, male gynaecologists, but in the main these deal with women who have life experience.
If I were a young girl…say 12 or 13 I think I would be mortified to discuss something so private with a man.
A man who knows nothing of what it is like to have bloating, cramps and the variable moods that can be experienced by girls when they start their periods.
Anyone who menstruates is a woman….regardless of how they identify.
dotti34, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 20-08-2022, 19:15   #113
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

WOKE is another phrase for STUPID imho.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 21-08-2022, 00:06   #114
Full Member+

It's all about inclusivity... and before anyone gets the hump, I'm taking the pist, I agree with Margaret this should be a biological woman (and not someone identifying as a woman) talking to actual biological females about something that will affect there lives.
Old 21-08-2022, 06:48   #115

Quote:
Well, it is because it is the thing to do to satisfy diversity.
But my concerns are for the young girls getting advice from a MAN…..yes, I know that there are male nurses, male gynaecologists, but in the main these deal with women who have life experience.
If I were a young girl…say 12 or 13 I think I would be mortified to discuss something so private with a man.
A man who knows nothing of what it is like to have bloating, cramps and the variable moods that can be experienced by girls when they start their periods.
Anyone who menstruates is a woman….regardless of how they identify.
You are of course absolutely correct!

I have tried to produce a serious reply, failed, I have tried to produce an amusing reply, failed.
Lets face it I just don't know enough about the subject period (I mean full stop).
ferret man likes this.
Old 21-08-2022, 08:16   #116

I think, it’s all down to empathy.
I can sympathise for a woman that say breaks her leg or has toothache, I can even get the old empathy going for childbirth (though the nearest to that would be me crapping a turd the size of a melon).
However I just couldn’t pretend to have any form of empathy for a woman having a period and I think most women would quite rightly, feel insulted if I even pretended to know what that is like!
Old 21-08-2022, 09:11   #117

I've just remembered a young woman I used to work with, she reckoned the best supervisor she could have was a man.

Why?

Well she said, if she ever wanted to finish early she could go up to him and just say "I'm on my period not feeling too good I think I should go home". A man just wouldn't question it, she also said that this wouldn't work with a woman supervisor because SHE KNOWS!

Last edited by Less; 21-08-2022 at 09:16.
Old 21-08-2022, 10:36   #118
Beacon of light

Less I think you are right about the man not wanting to question a female on her period issues, but as a woman I am not thrilled to hear she used such tactics.
She was taking advantage of the male supervisor in a way that is unethical and dishonest.
I bet any money that this male supervisor did not dock her pay.
So her gender gave her a financial advantage….that is dishonest.
It undermines other women in the work force.

I think I would be saying to her that women in India work through labour….squat down, give birth and carry on working whilst suckling their new baby.
Old 21-08-2022, 10:45   #119
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
It's all about inclusivity... and before anyone gets the hump, I'm taking the pist, I agree with Margaret this should be a biological woman (and not someone identifying as a woman) talking to actual biological females about something that will affect there lives.
Yes, Ryewolf.
No man can imagine the humiliation of being out somewhere in company and having period blood seep through to your dress….or having periods that are irregular(which they are in puberty)….or having very heavy bleeding which the sanitary product fails to deal with ( this can also happen in puberty)….or having to go out with a big handbag with a supply of knickers,pads and painkillers.
He will not be able to help with these issues because they are NEVER going to happen to him.
Girls may also be too embarrassed to ask him anything…..I would have avoided talking to a man about periods. In fact I begged my mother not to tell my dad when I started my periods and I absolutely hated the phrase that was used commonly….calling a period ‘being unwell’.

So this appointment is detrimental to the girls this man is supposed to be meant to help and support.
Old 21-08-2022, 10:55   #120

Quote:

I think I would be saying to her that women in India work through labour….squat down, give birth and carry on working whilst suckling their new baby.
Don't think that would bother her, she was too far in league with the P.C. brigade she was(is) a lesbian!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..