Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2022, 11:51   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Oh Deary Me.

Taddy you are the luckiest man in the world having Hazel by your side for such a long time.
Having her do all those things is how she looks after both of your interests….but, (heaven forbid) if anything were to happen that meant she could not do this, you would find yourself in deep doo-doo.
I have a husband who is similar to you….and like you we have been together a long time.
I have tried(heaven knows I have) to educate him in the important aspects of life, just in case the great boatman in the sky shouts ‘come in number seven, your times up’.
I have had no success in this because he doesn’t think it is possible for anything to happen to me.
dotti34, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2022, 14:01   #17

Taddy, I know that some of your comments are tongue-in-cheek, as I am sure you realise some of mine are too. Sorry, I can’t help myself. From several posts that you have shared with us I also know that you and Hazel are true lifelong companions - which is good to hear, especially in this day and age.

Personally I detest shopping, and although it is sometimes necessary I think it is a waste of time wandering round. I’d much rather spend my time doing such things as making up tongue-in-cheek comments for Accyweb…..
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2022, 01:47   #18

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
the "tastiest" pint that I have ever drunk anywhere and I have sampled a few over the years in five or six deferent countries was the Guinness (or two) that I was served in the "Wildfowler's Arm's on the shores of Strangford Loch in Northern Ireland many, many moons ago.
The defence rests Mi'Lord....on the grounds that the prosecution agrees that the best pint he ever had was Liffey water

Thirty odd years ago..Best pint I ever had was in a pub in Ballydehob in West Cork in Mahoneys Bar..served lovingly and perfectly by Mrs Mahoney, (which she insisted was pronounced O'Manny.....gotta love how the Irish screw with vowels and linguistics) she looked about 90 and could talk the legs off a donkey, a perfect barmaid.

There were two other pubs on the only street in the village within yards of each other, and between the three they agreed to rotate that only one opened on Friday night.
Old 26-06-2022, 09:19   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy you are the luckiest man in the world having Hazel by your side for such a long time.
Having her do all those things is how she looks after both of your interests….but, (heaven forbid) if anything were to happen that meant she could not do this, you would find yourself in deep doo-doo.
I have a husband who is similar to you….and like you we have been together a long time.
I have tried(heaven knows I have) to educate him in the important aspects of life, just in case the great boatman in the sky shouts ‘come in number seven, your times up’.
I have had no success in this because he doesn’t think it is possible for anything to happen to me.
Marge I cannot fault your comment in any way, in fact I tend to think that your old man and I must be "brain related" in some way, in fact and it is a fact, I have thought many times that when the grip reaper appears I hope that his scythe cuts me down before he attacks Hazel for the simple fact that I would not know the first thing about banking, shopping, paying the bills etc. This not a plea for sympathy, just a statement of fact. ( Shush ), I think I can hear her coming.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2022, 17:24   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
for the simple fact that I would not know the first thing about banking, shopping, paying the bills etc. This not a plea for sympathy, just a statement of fact. ( Shush ), I think I can hear her coming.

It's not easy mate, but you learn, especially if you've family & friends around to get you through.
taddy likes this.
Old 26-06-2022, 17:46   #21
Beacon of light

I know it Taddy….and yes it IS a fact.
My old feller would not starve…he can shop and he can cremate meat, but other than that he would be scuppered.
I recently went to our bank in Preston to ask what strategies could be put in place to help him.
They said he would still be able to get money from the ATM.(?)
They do not know that I have been accompanying him to the ATM. Supervising his use of this technology.
He is still getting it wrong.
He put his PIN number in recently when the machine asked how much he wanted to withdraw….needless to say that amount of money cannot be withdrawn!
So if the Angel of death comes for me I will have to ask that she looks for a more worthy candidate elsewhere.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 26-06-2022, 17:52   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Aye Ma, us blokes are useless & probably part of the reason we end up getting hitched to someone with a bit more common than ourselves.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 26-06-2022, 17:55   #23
Beacon of light

Well, I would not say useless…well not entirely.
You can always be used as a bad example or a door stop.
And although mine is sometimes like an itch I can’t scratch…I would not like anything to befall him.
It would take far too long to train a new one…seeing that I haven’t done a brilliant job with the one I’ve got.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..