Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2022, 00:42   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
I miss the permissive society

Glad my kids are grown.. just imagine nowadays having to explain sex..

There are the birds and the bees, the bees and the bees, the birds and the birds.

There are the birds that may want to be bees and bees that may want to be birds both of whom are keeping their options open.

There are birds that used to be bees and bees that used to be birds.

There are birds that look like birds and bees that look like bees that prefer to be known as beesirds or birdees, you need to double check their individual preferred pronoun my child, for the police no longer catch criminals but instead caution those that use incorrect pronouns as hate crimes.

There are birds that are still birds yet prefer to look like bees and of course there are bees that prefer to look like birds albeit they still have a stinger.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:29   #2
Beacon of light

Re: I miss the permissive society

Guinness….that made me laugh on a grey wet Saturday morning…..I don’t know how long it took to compose this post, but it is well worth the time and effort.
Yet….it is a serious comment too on the way the world has become seriously mentally unstable.

I still don’t ‘get’ how a bee can know just what it feels like to be a bird..because if you asked a bird they would not be much good at explaining…except perhaps they may tell the bee that they liked worms….to eat, that is
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 15:12   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Seems there's quite a lot of it about at the moment, got a fair few mentions yesterday on GB News. I blame the warm weather myself, it brings out the raving loons & downright moronic.
Old 02-07-2022, 18:23   #4
Full Member+

Think Croc Dundee had the best way of sorting out who was what.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:07   #5

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Case in point... The Halifax putting personal pronouns on name badges to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion are honoured.

In my opinion this is 100% virtue signalling.... I can't recall ever being in a bank in my life where I have ever needed to use a personal pronoun other than 'you' or 'I'....can 'you' cash this please?, thank 'you', I'd like a loan etc..

This is a bank that had to be bailed out by taxpayers (i.e ME!) who are now saying that if you dont like it bank elsewhere. Fortunately I don't bank with these muppets, if I did I would have taken their advice.

Earlier this week the papers had mobile phone footage of a female copper struggling to hold down a suspect whilst being assaulted by his teenage girlfriend...male cop comes in hard and pretty much slams the assaulting teenage girl to the ground and away from his struggling colleague....he's now suspended pending investigation..

Idiots stick themselves to goalposts, works of art and motorway slip roads. You try to move them, the courts give you a harsher punishment than they get...not okay to run on the pitch in celebration but ok to tie yourself to a goalpost..not ok to touch the art exhibits unless you are gluing yourself to them

*sigh* life was so much simpler when the biggest story of the day was Mary Whitehouse moaning about seeing a side nipple on BBC Play for Today and Life of Brian was considered the work of the antichrist
Old 03-07-2022, 08:02   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree 100% GUINESS luckily i dont bank with them neither i would have done the same, loads have and quit them.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:14   #7

Guinness, I certainly enjoyed your very clever post about the birds and bees. I have now read the article about Halifax and find it hard to understand what they’re on about, or the reasoning behind it. I wonder what the pronouns will be on the badges of their employees who are the birds and the bees featured in your post. I bet that will give Halifax something to think about.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:42   #8
Beacon of light

I hope everyone of the oldies…our generation….the generation that worked and saved, do take the advice of the diversity guy at the Halifax….remove every brass razoo and leave this financial organisation in bits.

I do not bank with the Halifax, but if I did I would find somewhere else to put my money.

It is like the boo-ha over the Pride March….I really do not care what sexual orientation anyone is…it is none of my beeswax(continuing a theme).
As for Philip Schofield and Kelly Holmes and their ‘coming out’……well my gaydar was right about both of these self publicists.
I think it was public knowledge, but not commented on because we do not care who they are getting it on with.
Less and cashman like this.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:49   #9
Beacon of light

Andy M the Social Media advisor/manager says that if you do not like the addition of pronouns to badges then it is you who are the problem.
Brain rinsing…telling us what to think…what to believe…..virtue signalling of the highest order.
Well go woke…go broke.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:10   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I really do not care what sexual orientation anyone is….
I must have been ahead of my time when I was young free and attempting to be sexually active, I often found out about someone's sexual orientation without really asking.
The number of young ladies I took out wined and dined with the evening ending with either a peck on the cheek or a handshake and the comment, 'thanks for a lovely evening Less, I wasn't sure before, but now you've convinced me, I'm a lesbian'.

I would see them out at the disco a few nights later strutting their stuff with some other pimply faced youf, and think, 'well what do you know? she isn't a lesbian she's bi'.
It was an elder brother that told me nope, none of them were lesbians, they just didn't want to have sex with YOU!

The above just about sums me up for that period of life!

Last edited by Less; 03-07-2022 at 11:17.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 11:30   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not sitting well with the "good, solid folk of Yarkingshire" or those of Lancashire judging from the comments on here, I must admit to sharing the same opinion.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...e-24374038.amp
Old 04-07-2022, 12:08   #12
Beacon of light

This idea that we must be inclusive of all genders….both real and perceived(after all there ARE only Two genders whatever the loony leaning leftists think) is trying to exclude biological women to placate the trans lobbyists….so is self defeating…you cannot be inclusive if half of the population are excluded by an ‘inclusive ideology’
Old 04-07-2022, 12:10   #13
Beacon of light

Oh yes….and people with ovaries are WOMEN.
That is an incontrovertible fact….but they are bent on changing this to fit their agenda.
Women with a Penis are not women…they are men!
Just saying…
Old 04-07-2022, 15:14   #14
Full Member+

This story about the Halifax was covered by an American Youtuber with over 1.2 million subscribers. I wonder how long this Andy M will have his job?
Old 04-07-2022, 16:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
This story about the Halifax was covered by an American Youtuber with over 1.2 million subscribers. I wonder how long this Andy M will have his job?
who is andym?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..