Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2022, 19:34   #31
Beacon of light

Re: I miss the permissive society

No Taddy….
What I am saying is that those who try to cancel women from society….by not using the term ‘women’ are defeating the idea of inclusiveness.
And they are defeating the idea for such a very small number of transgender people.
In doing this, they insult women born female(as opposed to those men who declare that they
‘Feel’ like a woman)…and the loony left liberal hand wringers continue to try to remove the word ‘woman/women’ from things like female products(tampons, sanitary pads) and information produced for mothers to be (they prefer the term ‘birthing parent’) and women’s health education information.

Now if you do not ‘get it’ after this explanation…then I am giving up….and will say to you ‘it is never going to affect you, so forget about it’…yet somehow that is not right.
taddy and Ryewolf90 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2022, 23:09   #32
Full Member+

Margaret is right, women are being cancelled and are now being called "birthing people" and "menstruators"... I understand (and I'm a man) exactly what Margaret is saying, this is not inclusive but exclusive and pandering to a small minority of transgender wokeists who get offended by everything...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...struators.html
cashman, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:24   #33
Beacon of light

I do not think it is the fault of those who ARE transgender.
It is those who wish to be seen as ‘right on’….the woke brigade.
If I made the decision the identify as a man, then I would accept that I was in a minority and not expect the world to change so that I would not be offended.
I would expect to be treated with respect, but not have women erased to save my feelings.

The most offensive thing I have seen was the picture of what looked like a bearded man….with a swollen very pregnant belly (but no breasts)…..this man was transgender….as was his wife…so they were a male and female couple with the working reproductive bits…but both of them had changed gender.
The baby the ‘male ‘ was carrying was their biological child. Does that not strike you as a bit weird?

That is not what I found offensive.
What offended me was their desire to have this picture put into multiple publications.
I actually do not care what they do in their lives….but their need to shove this under the noses of the rest of us…those of us who are the vast majority….who are identifying as the gender we were born with.

Oh yes….and the female to male partner was a ‘model’ for a major fashion house….so a bit of a self publicist there, or that is how it looks to me.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 06-07-2022 at 07:28.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:33   #34
Beacon of light

Thank you Ryewolf…I hoped that my post was not over anyone’s head.

I felt that I had explained quite clearly the issues that give cause for concern.

If women call out these practices we are referred to as TERFS
This stands for Transphobic Exclusionary Radical Feminists.
When in fact what we are doing is protecting our right to be seen, not as body parts, but as nature intended us to be…WOMEN!

Yes, by all means respect those who have gender issues, but do us the courtesy of accepting that those who do decide to change gender are a very small minority.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:29   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Now if you do not ‘get it’ after this explanation…then I am giving up….and will say to you ‘it is never going to affect you, so forget about it’…yet somehow that is not right.

I am absolutely 100% behind you Marge so please don't give up on me (and other's) just yet, my pet subjects at school were Sports,(really enjoyed) so did well, History, (the proper 1066 and all that), and still enjoy to this day, not the modernistic rubbish that is being churned out today.
Woodwork, under the guidance of Norman Booth I once made a Spanish Guitar from scratch, so I was and still am willing to learn about most things but English Literature has never been a turn on for me so I did not and still do not appreciate a language that is a mixture of Celtic, Roman, (Saxon/ Germanic), Danish, Flemish and all the other variants, So I shall stick to my Lancashire Dialect thank you very much.

Bye the way, I really love the fancy spell checker on my new all singing, all dancing computer machine

Last edited by taddy; 06-07-2022 at 10:37.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:42   #36
Beacon of light

I also like Lancashire dialect….as to school, well it is a long long time ago.
A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

What I learned at school has been multiplied many many times….some of it because I had to, but much of my learning has been done to give my grey cells a work out.
I remain endlessly curious….and it is the desire to improve what I know that motivates me.

We only graduate from the university of life when they are screwing down the lid on the wooden box
taddy likes this.
Old 06-07-2022, 16:39   #37
Full Member+

This is really going to make life hard for songwriters.
taddy likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 19:41   #38
Full Member+

Image a queer, LGBTQ+ alphabet owned coffee shop (Mina's World in Philidelpia), who wanted to create a "inclusive space" (as long as you were a part of the alphabet mafia) being closed because their employees said they weren't woke enough.... Get Woke, Go Broke
Old 13-07-2022, 21:22   #39
Full Member+

I see a lot of this because I follow several channels on YouTube that discuss this Get Woke, Go broke attitude (which seems more prevalent in the US). The latest company to suffer from the Get Woke, Go Broke is Victoria's Secrets their stock Price has tanked 53% since they dropped 'The Angels' 6 months ago...
Old 14-07-2022, 10:01   #40
Beacon of light

And so it should tank…..this ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ is just a lot of virtue signalling.

I am getting truly fed up of adverts with children in them, who promote the virtues of plant based foods….I am also noticing more and more adverts that seem to normalise inter race partners…boyfriends, girlfriends, wives and cafe au lait children.
Yes….there are these couple in society, but there are far more couples who are not ‘mixed race’.
All more woke stuff.
So glad I am at the butt end of my existence on this planet.
Old 14-07-2022, 12:08   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

join the club margaret so am i.
Old 14-07-2022, 14:10   #42

Whilst I can still savour a couple or three pints of "Real Ale" a day I think I shall do a Boris and try to "Crash On" for a few more years.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2022, 23:59   #43

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

There was an absolute cracker yesterday from the BBC about the lack of diversity in the Lionesses football team after their 8-0 win over Norway...strangely enough there are some in that team who come under their own 'diversity banner' definition of LGB (and quite rightly so..each to their own)....but what the overfunded 'woke' BBC were attempting to clumsily point out was the lack of 'Black' faces in the England team... overlooking the fact that the Norwegians were also all white, as are the Germans and Danes in this competition

A quick google of the Nigerian ladies team shows a distinct lack of white faces. I guess there are no white females in Nigeria and continuing the theme no white or black Eurasian females in Japan, China or South Korea

Didn't hear anything on the recent BBC coverage of Wimbledon about the lack of UK Black tennis players? Also I can't recall anything being mentioned during the olympics about the lack of 'diversity' in the womens hockey team, no black skiers or three day eventers..(but hey I could be wrong only because the BBC coverage didn't highlight them)

And another thing the 'woke' muppets of the BBC fail to notice is that up here in the North who follow the 'English Game' of Cricket we have welcomed a vast majority of different colours white/brown/black (Faroukh Engineer/Clive Lloyd/Viv Richards) based on their skill as opposed to their heritage for more than 50 years to my personal knowledge...god forgive us we even welcomed the bloody aussies (purposely used lower case to describe the true enemy ) in our local leagues in the 70's....

Long story short...today I've cancelled my direct debit for my TV licence, I'm not funding this crap anymore
DaveinGermany, taddy and ray honda like this.
Old 15-07-2022, 17:44   #44
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Liked your post Ma, #36, for content, definitely not for your hint about shuffling off, awaiting much more for many years from you.
Old 15-07-2022, 17:50   #45
Beacon of light

I hope to stick around for as many as possible Son….I have lots of irritating in me yet
DaveinGermany likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..