Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2022, 12:42   #16

Re: SUNAK bans fracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh my goodness…I remember well those names.Patrick Varley and Roy Wallis were the ‘bad boys’ of my class…I know that Patrick died some time ago, but have never seen or heard anything of Roy.
Absolutely Correct Margaret, I well remember Roy Wallace coming out with the comment at school playtime, "My mummy says I'm a hooligan "and being very proud of the Monica.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2022, 12:50   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
we used to sup
Correct taddy,Pat was a good mate of mine.but i left before pat.we used to sup together in the Black Bull in accy me pat roy wallis trevor.etc.
Am I correct in thinking that Pay Varleys Mother was called Mary and she worked at "Redac" brickworks in Huncoat in the mid 50s. by the way who is/was the Trevor, Etc.
Old 30-10-2022, 13:10   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

he was actually called brian trevifick dunno if thats spelt right, he lived on blackburn rd just past sacred heart church on other side of rd. aint seen either of them for about 40 yrears,so dunno if they are still around. everyone called him trev.
Old 30-10-2022, 14:20   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
he was actually called brian trevifick dunno if thats spelt right, he lived on blackburn rd just past sacred heart church on other side of rd. aint seen either of them for about 40 yrears,so dunno if they are still around. everyone called him trev.
Don't know that name Cashy.
Old 30-10-2022, 15:23   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Don't know that name Cashy.
when i knew him i thought he was called Trevor for a long while lol think he moved oer Padiham.
Old 19-11-2022, 14:27   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Why isn’t the government promoting these panels for existing houses?

A very probable reason is control. They're more interested in brainwashing everyone into installing "SMART" Meter's which have yet to prove they save anyone any money. Limit use, sure. Psychologically restricting how to live a comfortable life.

This "green" agenda is getting very confused about normal Weather Cycles. Remember when they threatened everybody with a new Ice Age we're still waiting for? SMART Meter's will also allow them to turn off or ration energy supply & usage at any Political whim, with plausible sounding excuses of course.

Our two Geology experts are wrong about sunak's decision. They'd quickly change their tune if they lived in Blackpool and their drinking water suddenly tastes like sewage, after the earthquakes have damaged their home foundation rendering the whole building unsafe and them homeless.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 16:33   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i would not touch a smart meter with a BARGEPOLE, i know a few thats had them and wish they never bothered.
Old 19-11-2022, 20:39   #23
Beacon of light

I am with you Cashy on Smart meters…..they do not save you money unless you see how much something you use is costing you, are horrified and turn it off.

I have just has one of my power bills…the gas I used cost £9, but the standing charge was £7…..if they removed the standing charge or set it at a fixed rate, then all energy bill would fall and everyone would benefit.

I am very frugal in my use of energy.
We are at the 19th of November and tonight is the first time I have put my central heating on.
Oh yes, I ran it for an hour just before my other half was discharged from Blackpool Vic….just to check it was working well.

While he has been in there I have not had the TV on…..and the washer has had a holiday too.
The only way to keep energy bills down is to use less.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 18:30   #24
God Member

Nice chilly day with a bit of sun over here on the Fylde.
So where the UK get most of its ‘sustainable’ energy from today?
Wind?…Nah, a mere 7%.
Solar surely…..er,……0%
Oh no, it was that horrid, dirty stuff gas. Again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7CC2ADEE-C76E-4DCA-8F58-70646976671D.jpeg (587.2 KB, 5 views)
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2022, 10:25   #25
God Member

What a surprise!
The globalist scam merchants take most of their temperature ‘data’ (sic) from thermometers placed alongside runways or within highly urbanised settings and, guess what, the world is burning and we’re all doomed.
The UK’s so-called record temperatures this year were both recorded at airports (RAF Coningsby and Heathrow), with the former suddenly jumping over six minutes, then immediately declining.

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/27/...rfield-runway/

Remember, when they talk about net zero, they’re talking about our wallets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B2E411C3-C720-4AAE-9EBB-D63C1E2EEB1A.jpeg (66.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 27-11-2022, 13:31   #26
Beacon of light

Well, who’d have thought it?
A government/governments who want to lie to the electorate by publishing dubious data.
Never happened before has it???
I trust very little that I am told…unless I can see the evidence i.e. ‘it is dark’ I can check that out.
taddy likes this.
Old 27-11-2022, 15:28   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

im convinced SUNAK wants to go back in the e.u with the rest of the scum? cash comes first to them.
Old 28-11-2022, 18:39   #28
God Member

Another fantastic day for our net zero fanatics.
Wind + solar = 1% of energy demand
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ED855AAA-E1D5-41AF-9789-B21B8EC8CACC.jpeg (586.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 28-11-2022, 18:49   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Net zero clowns i say.
Old 29-11-2022, 08:46   #30
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Another fantastic day for our net zero fanatics.
Wind + solar = 1% of energy demand
No surprises there.
Yet the PM is considering scuppering the ban on the building of more land based wind farms.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..