Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2023, 06:37   #1
Beacon of light

Gary Lineker.

What do you think about the Gary Lineker thing?
Or shouldn’t I ask seeing as I know less than nothing about football.
Except this is not about football.
It is about illegal migrants coming across the channel to be accommodated here.
And it is about the comments that were made by Lineker on his Twitter account.

His Twitter account is his business and he is of course entitled to his opinion.
But does it not strike you that his comments are not just political,,,but are hypocritical virtue signalling??
Yes…you can tell me that he took in one of the refugees, but again the cynic in me thinks this was to raise his profile and to virtue signal.

Lineker calls these illegal migrants poor souls’. He does not see them as a security threat in spite of the fact that many of these boats are loaded with young men.
Nor does he see them as economic migrants…which many of them are

He infers that they are leaving countries of persecution….so France is not a safe place then?
That is where these illegal migrant are setting off from.

Might this have something to do with the fact that while France is safe, it does not offer these,mainly men, food lodgings and a small sum of money each week?

Gary Lineker thinks it is OK for criminal gangs to traffic these migrants.
This is the same Gary Lineker that went to Qatar during the world cup(swelling his already mighty fortunes) in spite of Qatar having terrible human rights injustices.
Did he bleat about that while he was there?

I wonder what might have happened to him if he had taken up the human rights of the poor souls over in Qatar…or if he had likened their government to North Korea.
Exile on Spencer St and taddy like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-03-2023 at 06:39.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2023, 10:38   #2

Re: Gary Lineker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What do you think about the Gary Lineker thing?
Or shouldn’t I ask seeing as I know less than nothing about football.
Except this is not about football.
It is about illegal migrants coming across the channel to be accommodated here.
And it is about the comments that were made by Lineker on his Twitter account.

His Twitter account is his business and he is of course entitled to his opinion.
But does it not strike you that his comments are not just political,,,but are hypocritical virtue signalling??
Yes…you can tell me that he took in one of the refugees, but again the cynic in me thinks this was to raise his profile and to virtue signal.

Lineker calls these illegal migrants poor souls’. He does not see them as a security threat in spite of the fact that many of these boats are loaded with young men.
Nor does he see them as economic migrants…which many of them are

He infers that they are leaving countries of persecution….so France is not a safe place then?
That is where these illegal migrant are setting off from.

Might this have something to do with the fact that while France is safe, it does not offer these,mainly men, food lodgings and a small sum of money each week?

Gary Lineker thinks it is OK for criminal gangs to traffic these migrants.
This is the same Gary Lineker that went to Qatar during the world cup(swelling his already mighty fortunes) in spite of Qatar having terrible human rights injustices.
Did he bleat about that while he was there?

I wonder what might have happened to him if he had taken up the human rights of the poor souls over in Qatar…or if he had likened their government to North Korea.
Marge, I am in full agreement with the above post, it is eloquent and well worded (as always), O/K everyone is entitled to their opinions but if he wants to get involved in politics then he should put his name forward as a candidate for which ever party he choses and not use the BBC as his political platform.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 10:58   #3

Just been checking the news channels, it seems that all his football mates are throwing their dummies out of their prams and trying to blackmail the "British", Broadcasting Corporation, Sack the lot of them, the savings made by not having to pay their exorbitant salaries will allow the government to slash the TV licence fee.
cashman likes this.
Old 11-03-2023, 12:51   #4
Beacon of light

It does not signify solidarity that they are also standing with this man.
It just shows them to be the sheep that they are….and virtue signalling sheep at that.

Have none of these other football entities joined the dots?
That keeping on taking these people who enter the UK illegally feeds into the criminal gangs and keeps these criminals in the money.
Also if someone pays seven thousand pounds to come here….how does that make them a poor refugee?

How many countries did the come through to get to the English Channel?
We’re all of those countries hostile to these young (mainly) men?
No of course not.
But none of these countries was offering a four star hotel as lodgings, giving them a mobile phone, money to buy whatever they needed. Health care needs met, Education delivered.
We treat these migrants better than we treat our pensioners or those veterans who are homeless.
We are attracting them because we are far too soft
taddy likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-03-2023 at 12:53.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:53   #5

I think there are more important things going on in this world, than to give such cover to the BBC/Lineker controverse.
Cheers
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 13:08   #6
Beacon of light

I do too.

This man knows very little about the history of the thirties, or the politics of the time.
Hitlers government were far left, anti Christian and fascist…but it seems that unless you agree with the views of these self opinionated celebs(that is how they see themselves) then your opinion is not worth a light.

It seems that if we do not subscribe to their view of things then we are rampant racists and bigots…there is no such thing as agreeing to disagree.
taddy likes this.
Old 13-03-2023, 10:02   #7
Senior Member+

my thoughts on the lineker tweet,
I think his tweet that the policies of the british government on the illegal boats are comparable with the nazi policies of war time germany are ridiculous and wrong, he should of been man enough to acknowledge that and apologised for that tweet,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2023, 10:58   #8
Beacon of light

So it has been proved what we have known for a long time….Gary Lineker is bigger than the BBC.
He will be grinning all over his smug face.

Tim Davie acted without thinking and the Beeb shot themselves in the foot…well, no they didn’t….they blew themselves up.

As for Gary Lineker, well it shows that he is happy to support criminal gangs who care nothing about the safety of anyone who wants a boat ride..he is happy for these people to let ‘those without voices’ drown in the Channel.
How very humanitarian Gary and all your left leaning woke, virtue signalling chums.
I hope that the BBC is defunded very soon because it does not deserve to be the national broadcaster.
Old 13-03-2023, 11:53   #9
Beacon of light

Gary Lineker#patronsaintoftraffickers.

Hope the Pope has it on his calendar to induct him into the sainthood soon, because that is how he sees himself.
taddy likes this.
Old 14-03-2023, 09:51   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Gary Lineker#patronsaintoftraffickers.

Hope the Pope has it on his calendar to induct him into the sainthood soon, because that is how he sees himself.
Be Careful Marge, The God botherers, Woke Brigade and the like, will be saying nasty things about you but I doubt if, like me and others on Accy Web you will loose any sleep over it.
Old 14-03-2023, 13:51   #11
Beacon of light

Taddy my little comment will go unnoticed because unlike GL and the likes of him I have no following and no one gives a fig about my opinion.
I feel sure that even the God bothered will never notice my comment.
Old 14-03-2023, 15:30   #12
Senior Member+

is worth voting in the next general election if the likes of rio ferdinand, gary lineker, ian wright, alan Shearer, alex scott, can over rule the policies you voted for, what happening to this country of ours
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.

Last edited by accybeme; 14-03-2023 at 15:32.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 16:20   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
is worth voting in the next general election if the likes of rio ferdinand, gary lineker, ian wright, alan Shearer, alex scott, can over rule the policies you voted for, what happening to this country of ours
Excellent Comment, please keep it up.
Old 14-03-2023, 20:36   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
These retired footballers need to decide if they want to be presenters, commentators or whether they want to get themselves on a ballot paper.
If they think they could do a better job in politics they are deluded..
If their brains were dynamite they would not have enough to part their hair.
Old 15-03-2023, 20:23   #15
God Member

It was just concocted media distraction, and got Handcock and the Covid WhatsApps off the front pages.
Soon as that was achieved, St.Gary was back on his throne.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..