Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2023, 08:57   #31
Beacon of light

Re: How can I get two weeks holiday on the Bibby Stockholm?

I heartily agree with Lee Anderson...if they do not like being on this facility then I feel sure that the government would assist their passage back to where ever it was the originated from...that place they are fleeing for their lives from.

There was one migrant on a midnight Radio show who complained that it was like Alcatraz.
I doubt very much that this man has been to Alcatraz.
He said their was no closet space for his clothes.....that is the level of gratitude being shown by these economic migrants...if they were refugees they would be happy to have food and shelter.
They are taking the PIs (squared)
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2023, 10:21   #32

If we have a regular flow of about 600 migrants a week and these barges only house 500 then we are going to need a new barge every week and there will be no room for those currently in hotels.

Else if we move those in hotels into the barges then we are going to have nowhere for the current weeks new arrivals so will have to put them up in the expensive hotels.

Either we need about 100 of these barges or our government are not going to save any money (which they could do by changing the rate they pay the hotels at).
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:55   #33
Beacon of light

Of course they aren’t ever going to keep up with demand unless they break the economic model of the traffickers and for that there has to collaboration with France.
And although France is being paid a lot of money to keep these boats from taking to the water, they are doing diddly squat for the money.

We should be exacting penalties from the French….for every boat that leaves their shores and gets here we need to be subtracting a million quid from the money promised to them.

Also we should have our Border force turning these boats back.

Recently one of the politicians was saying those over 50s who had left the workforce should get jobs delivering Pizza and fast food so they were still contributing to tax revenues…how about this…train these over 50’s to process the claims of these migrants….so that those who are real refugees can be accommodated…but those who prove to be economic migrants can be returned to France.
Old 09-08-2023, 17:13   #34

Margaret, what do you think of the comment made by Lee Anderson. He hit the nail on the head there.I don't vote but if I did I would vote for him to be prime minister.The ONLY politician who speaks for us the indigenous Brits.
In case you missed it he said,of the illegals...if t hey don't like or get on the ferry they can "##ck off back to France" .BRILLIANT QUOTE.!!!!!!
taddy likes this.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 17:40   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermum View Post
Margaret, what do you think of the comment made by Lee Anderson. He hit the nail on the head there.I don't vote but if I did I would vote for him to be prime minister.The ONLY politician who speaks for us the indigenous Brits.
In case you missed it he said,of the illegals...if t hey don't like or get on the ferry they can "##ck off back to France" .BRILLIANT QUOTE.!!!!!!
OMG, sorry Margaret I now see you have already commented on Lee Anderson.My laptop is playing up by jumping pages back and forth, so I hadn't seen all comments. ����...Off to get the laptop sorted.
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2023, 07:40   #36

Take out Albanian citizenship - you won't need any papers.
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2023, 13:50   #37
Beacon of light

yeah...but who really wants to be Albanian?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..