Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2023, 18:30   #1

Covid enquiry

Watched a bit of this today. Heard that Johnson said Covid is nature's way of dealing with old people. Iam still stunned and trying to get my thoughts straight. Will come back when a bit calmer.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2023, 08:25   #2
God Member

Re: Covid enquiry

Your reaction to hearsay is precisely what was intended.
This ‘inquiry’ is just another bit of theatre.
Here’s another take on it….

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/...wo-professors/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 17:03   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
Watched a bit of this today. Heard that Johnson said Covid is nature's way of dealing with old people. Iam still stunned and trying to get my thoughts straight. Will come back when a bit calmer.
Here’s another take on the MSM’s coverage…

According to the diary of Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK’s then chief scientific adviser, Johnson had come to see Covid as just ‘nature’s way of dealing with old people’. Apparently, these words are proof, if it were needed, that Johnson was a reckless and callous PM. It’s supposed to show us that the man who Got Brexit Done, and who occasionally doubted lockdown, had little regard for human life. But what’s been left out of most of the media coverage is what Vallance wrote next. ‘I’m not entirely sure I disagree’, the chief scientist added.”

The above from Spiked today.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2023/1...ite-whitewash/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 18:27   #4
Beacon of light

This enquiry is a huge waste of money. It is going to last ages…will sanitise stuff that the elite think will enrage people. It won’t bring anyone back…..and if there were another pandemic tomorrow we would very likely be treated in the same controlling way.

It is just a ploy to let the public think that something is being done….how many times have we heard that ‘lessons have been learned’….when we know that nothing of the sort has happened.

At the very start of the pandemic I suggested that a more effective way of dealing with the situation would have been to close the borders.
An embargo should have been placed on travellers coming into the country.

I also made other observations about what was being done (and how useless I thought it was)and I remember being berated for my views.

Lockdown was a disaster. It trashed our economy and the best of it is…the majority of people were at very little risk of death from this virus.
The big influencer was the computer modeller Professor Ferguson….you know that guy who has got nothing right in his prognostication….but they listened to him, rather than people like
Carl Heneghan and many others who had their reputations trashed.

My opinion of the fiasco was that it was a social experiment in how the population coukd be controlled and manipulated…I still believe this.
ferret man likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 18:37   #5
Beacon of light

Exile thank you for those links….they really do hit the spot.

Mark, do not get enraged about the enquiry….it is a waste of your emotional effort.
If you must get enraged, then let it be about the waste of time, money and resources taken up by this useless bit of grand standing.
Mark2009 likes this.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:49   #6

Thanks Margaret
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 14:03   #7
Senior Member+

I still don't know if lock down was right or wrong but in the panic of 2020, I would not be criticizing any mistakes made, personally I still think the virus escaped from the lab in wuhan
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 14:36   #8
Beacon of light

I think you are right about Wuhan, ( but I also think that the US had an hand in it too…look up Fort Detrick…they have been implicated in associations with the Wuhan Lab) I DO think lockdowns were wrong.
So many problems were created by the lockdowns. Children lost their education opportunities which will affect them for life.
People who were previously healthy became ill with things other than covid but could not access the right health care…their lives have been shortened.
Businesses were trashed, the economy was trashed.

I think it was very badly managed and the wrong ‘experts’ were listened to.
Many of these experts had long and strong links to Big Pharma, so they had vested interests in scaring the population.
This experiment in social engineering will be looked back on and future generations will wonder how it could happen.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:37   #9
Beacon of light

Professor Carl Heneghan was treated appallingly at the inquiry.
This man is an epidemiologist with 450 peer reviewed publications, he is a GP who had vast experience.
He submitted a 54 page report to this enquiry and was spoken to by Baroness
Hallett and the KC like he knew nothing.
During the Pandemic his recommendations were taken no notice of…yet in hindsight they proved to be correct…unlike those of Professor Neil Ferguson of Imperial College.
This man was treated like an eminent expert when so far his computer models have been wrong on everything.
Old 05-11-2023, 13:48   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

for what its worth how would any expert know their answer was correct? this was something they NEVER had to deal with.
Old 05-11-2023, 16:25   #11
Beacon of light

Cashy, that doesn’t get away from the facts that they listened to people who had no clinical skills….and that those who WERE listened to had vested interests in big Pharma.There was money to be made.
You would not ask a barber if you needed a haircut.

Also there was a cancelling of information that had a scientific basis, (it was all systematically removed from the internet, not because it was wrong, but because it did not follow the chosen agenda.) It did not follow the narrative the government wanted us to believe. They treated us like mushrooms - fed us sh1t and kept us in the dark.

There was a lot of expertise in those clinicians who signed the Great Barrington declaration,
But this was disregarded.

Cashy during the pandemic I posted lots of researched material and I was shouted down by members on here.

This enquiry is not an enquiry in the true sense of the term.
It is a production that allows for show boating of some people and blatant castigation of others. They listened to the wrong experts and followed flawed science.

It will solve nothing because this was a social experiment on how the population could be controlled by making them scared.

If another pandemic came along they would use the same tactics in spite of knowing of the lasting damage it would cause.

Hopefully by then I will have left the planet
Old 05-11-2023, 22:58   #12

Nobody could have managed the pandemic, it's not on the agenda when becoming an MP or a minister.

Sh1t happened and people died, other people lived that may not have.
But what does all that matter, they got richer, we got poorer and now they are just shifting the sh1t from one side of the room to the other.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:42   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Nobody could have managed the pandemic, it's not on the agenda when becoming an MP or a minister.

Sh1t happened and people died, other people lived that may not have.
But what does all that matter, they got richer, we got poorer and now they are just shifting the sh1t from one side of the room to the other.
that is what it comes down too how could a minister know these people giving advice were getting good advice?these people are skilled in their field ministers certainly are not,
taddy likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 06-11-2023 at 09:47.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:51   #14
Beacon of light

The problem was not the virus…it was the media hype about the virus…and the scarifying tactics used by those who knew a good chance to make money out of a situation.
Those with money in PPE….the CMO…who was heavily involved in the big Pharma companies who were working on the vaccines.
If people had been jabbed with sterile water they would not have fared worse.
How many people do you know got jabbed yet still got the virus….and yes, they were told that the symptoms would not be as severe…how do we know if they would have had exactly the same symptoms if they had not been jabbed?

I got COVID at the end of 2021….it did not put me in bed,..it was a cold and I have gone to work feeling worse than that.
I never wore a mask, I continued to use sensible hand washing precautions, I wore leather gloves on public transport…I took vitamins…but that is all I did.

I did not listen to Doom and Gloom….Whitty and Van Tham with their prognostications.

This enquiry is going to go on until 2026 and by the end of it will cost 100billion quid.
Just think what good that money could do…and do you know what? It is US who are paying this bill.

I know my post will very likely be criticised, but I stick by what I said at the start of the pandemic…nothing I have seen has changed my mind
ferret man likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 06-11-2023 at 09:56.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:47   #15

Marge, why should your post be criticized ? you have the right to post what is on your mind as well as anyone else and you usually do, no problem in that, please keep it up.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..