Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 14:49   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Chavs

We have just been served by a definite chav in a cafe this dinner time.

On the menu they have chicken kiev and chips (served with either peas or salad) and I'm partial to a chicken kiev.

After waiting for ages ( we were going to give them another ten minutes and then leave if no-one had come to take our order) up strolls Waitress Chav, complete with enormous earrings and peering through her fringe.

Me: Do you have the chicken kiev?
Chav: We 'aven't got no chips coz chip pan's broke.

Me: But do you have the kievs?
Chav: You can 'ave em with summat else like mashed or roasted or summat like.
Me: I'll have the roasted please.
Busman: (orders sausage and egg) and instead of the chips........
Chav: We 'aven't got no chips coz chip pans broke.
Busman: Yes I know. I'll have the roasted. And two cokes please.

Off she goes. Re-appears a little while later with a huge plate bearing two small chicken kiev's and three and a half roast potatoes looking rather lost.

Me: Shouldn't there be a salad with that?
Chav: (slowly) Oh yeah.

Off she goes again with the plate and brings it back with salad on. Busman's meal also arrives. We wait for the cokes, we wait a bit longer, we wait some more. Chav starts to play with her mobile phone. Busman attracts her attention (eventually)

Busman: We ordered two cokes.
Chav: (even more slowly)Oh yeah.

She goes to the fridge, gets two cans and plonks them upside down on the table inside two glasses, wanders back to play with her mobile phone.

We didn't leave a tip.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2005, 16:15   #17
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

What did I say.... They're everywhere!!! Chav spotting can be such fun. There should be some sort of selective breeding programme to keep their numbers to a minimum, but unfortunately these people are not usually choosy about who they breed with..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 16:15   #18
God Member

And where was this temple of the culinary arts, Willow? Are you going to name and shame? Oh go on.
Old 02-02-2005, 16:22   #19
God Member

I bet it has'nt got a Michelin Star.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 19:07   #20
God Member

So now we have townies (tracksuit bottoms and rockports), goths (all dark and moody), bo bo chic (hippy influence) and chavs. Whatever next???
Old 02-02-2005, 20:22   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
in general the desription off dress code for a chav would be tracksuit bottoms , trainers thick gold chain ( usualy low quality ),
From that description, it would seem to indicate most of the youth today, at least in Accy & Ossy, do they swap them come 9am each weekday morning, or do they attend after 9am dressed like that.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:31   #22

The article is spot-on. Accrington and indeed East Lancashire has become the worlds rubbish tip for distressed humans (if you can call them that)!!

I know there are some nice people around, and that not all young ones are brain-dead, but it doesn't tale long to see what a mess the whole area is. Especially when you either live or visit an area that is so much more ....nicer!!

Chaves...such people make life more difficult...and test you to your limits (and beyond). Perhaps I'm just a little bit (or a lot) old fashioned...and believe that society and good manners are something that we should uphold and extend our society to make improvements, in life and in our daily habitat.

Sorry Accy............................I just don't know how it could be changed...and even worse...there is nobody to ask...they've all become CHAVS!!

THOSE WHO THE GODS WOULD DESTROY.....THEY FIRST MAKE MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Darby; 03-02-2005 at 10:33.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:56   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
The article is spot-on. Accrington and indeed East Lancashire has become the worlds rubbish tip for distressed humans (if you can call them that)!!

I know there are some nice people around, and that not all young ones are brain-dead, but it doesn't tale long to see what a mess the whole area is. Especially when you either live or visit an area that is so much more ....nicer!!

Chaves...such people make life more difficult...and test you to your limits (and beyond). Perhaps I'm just a little bit (or a lot) old fashioned...and believe that society and good manners are something that we should uphold and extend our society to make improvements, in life and in our daily habitat.

Sorry Accy............................I just don't know how it could be changed...and even worse...there is nobody to ask...they've all become CHAVS!!

THOSE WHO THE GODS WOULD DESTROY.....THEY FIRST MAKE MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
actualy you are spot on

take a look around accy center its full of teenage girls with beer bellies walking around or sitting on street corners with their bottle of WKD

ime not that old my self ( ok ime not a teenager) but if girls were like this when i was a teenager i would probably be celibate or gay lol

like i said i am no spring chicken but on a few occasions i have had to go up to my mums house and threaten teenagers because they told my mum to F off when she asked them to stop sitting on her wall drinking booze and smoking drugs

violence dosnt solve anything but will do as a second best because the police never come when you ring them

lol as i type this i looked outside my window only to see a teenage girl throwing up in the street while her chav type boyfriend looks in the air like hes not with her
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 14:02   #24
Senior Member+

Charlie even likes chavs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chav.jpg (16.4 KB, 24 views)

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 14:21   #25
God Member

I suppose that would be morning sickness, would it?

Seriously though, I have to agree with Darby on this. Over the last forty years or so there has been an appalling drop in standards of behaviour and civility. We have all seen it. The main cause is the dreadful standard of education offered in schools. Kids of my generation were not taught how to behave themselves in public, and they in turn have passed that lack of knowledge on to their children who in turn have passed it on to the current generation of school children. Every generation becomes a little more ignorant, rude, obnoxious, selfish and inconsiderate, until you have todays crop of stalwart citizens whose only thought is for themselves. Who believe that the world owes them a living and who will scream and scream and scream until they make themselves sick if they don't get it. Who do not understand that the good things in life come at the cost of hard work.

Blame for the current situation must also be placed fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the capitalist system; "Live now-pay later", Sell eveything you have to buy this product, and the next, and the next, ad infinitum, ad nauseam! Because you are not cool if you don't posess more gadgets and gee-gaws than any sane rational person would know what to do with.

There has got to be something wrong with a society that is willing to pay a pound for a drink of water that is no different from the stuff that comes out of the tap, and all because it is in a cool shaped bottle or some half-witted celebrity has been seen drinking it. There is one from the makers of Lucozade currently being advertised on tv claiming to be more hydrating than water. Do they think we are all stupid? Well, I guess that enough of us must be to make the expenditure of millions on marketing this water profitable.

I am now going to go and repeatedly bang my head against the wall in frustration.
Old 03-02-2005, 14:39   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I suppose that would be morning sickness, would it?

Seriously though, I have to agree with Darby on this. Over the last forty years or so there has been an appalling drop in standards of behaviour and civility. We have all seen it. The main cause is the dreadful standard of education offered in schools. Kids of my generation were not taught how to behave themselves in public, and they in turn have passed that lack of knowledge on to their children who in turn have passed it on to the current generation of school children. Every generation becomes a little more ignorant, rude, obnoxious, selfish and inconsiderate, until you have todays crop of stalwart citizens whose only thought is for themselves. Who believe that the world owes them a living and who will scream and scream and scream until they make themselves sick if they don't get it. Who do not understand that the good things in life come at the cost of hard work.

Blame for the current situation must also be placed fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the capitalist system; "Live now-pay later", Sell eveything you have to buy this product, and the next, and the next, ad infinitum, ad nauseam! Because you are not cool if you don't posess more gadgets and gee-gaws than any sane rational person would know what to do with.

There has got to be something wrong with a society that is willing to pay a pound for a drink of water that is no different from the stuff that comes out of the tap, and all because it is in a cool shaped bottle or some half-witted celebrity has been seen drinking it. There is one from the makers of Lucozade currently being advertised on tv claiming to be more hydrating than water. Do they think we are all stupid? Well, I guess that enough of us must be to make the expenditure of millions on marketing this water profitable.

I am now going to go and repeatedly bang my head against the wall in frustration.
Too true A-Bob...

There are a lot of old sayings that have stood the test of time and are now more appropriate than ever.

A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE EASILY PARTED

EASY COME..............EASY GO

YOU CAN'T GET BLOOD OUT OF A STONE

EVERY YEAR THERE ARE MORE FOOLS THAN LAST YEAR

And my favourite:

YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME,
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME,
BUT YOU CAN'T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME!!!

(Although I'm begining to doubt it!!)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 16:10   #27
God Member

My personal favourite is "You can't expect much where there isn't much to start with."
Old 03-02-2005, 17:39   #28
Resident Waffler

The sad thing is does anyone know what can be done about it?

I've just noticed this afternoon that they also have burberry prams.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 18:08   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
The sad thing is does anyone know what can be done about it?

I've just noticed this afternoon that they also have burberry prams.
SO NOW WE HAVE

CHAVS

CHAVETTES

AND FINALY CHAVLINGS
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 21:05   #30

Sorry to say, you're so right.....
Came here just about 40 yrs ago, as a bright-eyed teenager....
Why am I still here???

Only answer..... my family!!!

Certainly not the surroundings!!!!!!!!!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..