Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 09:50   #31

Re: TRUE CONFESSIONS ,,(and nothing but the truth).......

Did I say STICK I meant constructive criticism.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2005, 09:56   #32
Give, give, give member

l bet you'll want to keep your stick to yourself when you eventually meet me!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:00   #33

And I've Just Found Out Why Thanks To Our Moderators Cheers!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:20   #34
Resting in peace

Okay, I will tell my awful tale ....

Some years ago, I had a bijou flingette with a chap in the Navy (well, they do say all the nice girls ...), whom I met on a course at York. He was based in Plymouth, and when he came to leave his ship, his men gave a party for him at a pub in Devonport, to which I was invited. We had been invited to spend the night with a friend of his and his girlfriend. The drink flowed copiously, sailors being what they are.

During the night, I got up to go to the loo. Never having been in this flat before, which had a very complicated layout, I wandered around, desperate to find the bathroom. I wandered into a couple of cupboards, round and about. Finally, in absolute desperation, I pee'd in the fishtank! - the owners pride and joy! Next morning, made my excuses, hared back to London, and have never dared ask what happened to the fish!

There you are - I've NEVER told anybody that before (not even my sailor)! It must be something about Accyweb ....
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:39   #35

Pendy you may never eat fish again, and you must apologie to every fish you see. DEAD OR ALIVE.
Old 11-03-2005, 13:07   #36
Give, give, give member

Having met Pendy, l was expecting something far worse!
Pendy, a houseful of boozed up sailors, l think the fish got off lightly!

But it's a great thread, l've been howling.

Fireman you missed your way, you would have been a great priest!

Last edited by garinda; 11-03-2005 at 13:10.
Old 11-03-2005, 13:10   #37
Resting in peace

Look, Garinda, that is only ONE thing I've owned up to ..... the skeletons in the closet are so closely packed, they don't even rattle anymore!
Old 11-03-2005, 13:12   #38

Come on pendy spill the bones, I mean the beans.
Old 11-03-2005, 13:21   #39
Resting in peace

Not deliberate, but I have from time to time suffered from pedobuccal syndrome (i.e. foot in mouth).

First time, aged about 12, I said loudly to a friend's ma at Prize Night "Oh, Hello, Mrs H - I didn't recognise you, didn't you have grey hair last time I saw you?".

Also old school reunion, I remarked on one of those gushing In Memoriams in the Observer, the sickly sentimental ones, and said how abysmal it was. Old school friend remarked "That was my father in law - we put it in".

Ooops!
Old 11-03-2005, 13:38   #40
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Pendy, the fishtank thing is ok, I was expecting far worse. I will, however, confess to just one more. This may be the worst thing I've ever done, but I wouldn't bet on it... Here goes......

Several years ago when I was married. My hubby had gone to yet another all night party and left me indoors. Getting a bit brassed off with his gallivanting and refusal to ever tell me where he'd been (and realising that my culinary revenge wasn't exactly killing him off) I decided to hit him where it would hurt. He was very particular about his appearance and loved expensive aftershaves etc, he used to marinade in them. He had some Ralph Lauren Polo in a green bottle up in our bedroom. While he was out, I took a large syringe from my work bag and syphoned off half of the aftershave which I squirted down the loo. I replaced the missing aftershave with urine!!!!!!!!!!!! A couple of weeks later we split up and I sent him back to his mother's house. I never confessed to my ex hubby what I had done, but over the years we have become friends. I met up with him while shopping about 18 months ago, so we had a brew and a catch up. I finally coughed to what I had done to his aftershave. He was cringing as he had used the full bottle after we split. He did see the funny side though...

All I can do now is beg forgiveness from my fellow sinners and pray to be absolved due to diminished responsibility.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 13:49   #41
Give, give, give member

Lol, fab.
you're sprinkled with holy water [not by Ralph Lauren,] and absolved,

Old 11-03-2005, 15:29   #42

Well I'm a very clean cut person! and working for LCC for many years,I've never done anything that needs confessing to! all I can say is that what people don't know won't hurt them! Sorry folks that's all yer getting!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 15:35   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneyboy1942
Well I'm a very clean cut person! and working for LCC for many years,I've never done anything that needs confessing to! all I can say is that what people don't know won't hurt them! Sorry folks that's all yer getting!
lol...its ok i too am pure as snow!!!! although there may be a couple of footprints on me now!!!lol
Old 11-03-2005, 16:13   #44
g78

Most of my secrets are either extremely embarrassing or illegal, so on that note I shall be keeping my mouth well and truly closed. Of course if anyone wants to ply me with drink and try and prise them out of me, you are all welcome to go ahead and do so.
Old 11-03-2005, 16:16   #45
Junior Member+

Quite a few years ago my friend was really mad at her husband, he didn't home to eat and she suspected he was out drinking. We were going out somewhere and drove by the bar that he frequented and sure enough there was his truck. We both knew when this man went drinking he wouldn't be going home util he was legless. My friend asked me to stop and I did. She got in the truck and drove it further back down the road, really further back down the road it must have been almost half a mile. I as the dutiful friend I followed to pick her up.

A couple of days later I was mortified when he told me what had happened and confided in me that he was so drunk he couldn't find his truck, he had wandered around for several hours, he was picked up by the police and spent a few hours in jail sleeping it off, then another few hours looking for his truck. He had not got home until until around 9am the next morning. He told his wife he had pulled an emergancy double shift at work.

He asked me not to tell his wife as she would be furious. I still feel bad about my part in the scheem but even worse at the laughter my friend and I have shared since then.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..