Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 17:20   #826

Re: Planning Applications

Has the global confeence centre in Oswaldtwistle closed down?.Was just looking at commercial properties and land for sale and found it is up for sale with trevor dawson for residential developement.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11   #827
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
Has the global confeence centre in Oswaldtwistle closed down?.Was just looking at commercial properties and land for sale and found it is up for sale with trevor dawson for residential developement.
This is absolute pure speculation, but could be connected with the application for the Walker, Farrimond building in Accrington.

Think is the same 'church'.

Could be selling off to pay for this new enterprise i.e. if the Global Centre land belongs to them ?

Again, please take as speculation, not fact.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 13:09   #828
Resting in Peace

Application No:11/12/0370 Registration Date:20 Sep 2012 Location:14 CHURCH STREET ACCRINGTON Development:CHANGE OF USE OF FIRST FLOOR FROM RESTAURANT TO BAR, INSTALLATION OF NEW SHOP FRONT TO GROUND FLOOR INSTALLATION OF EXTERNAL STAIR TO FIRST FLOOR AT REAR OF PROPERTY.

Case File

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shame this went, but here is a proposed usage :

Application No:11/12/0377 Registration Date:21 Sep 2012 Location:FORMER HOUSEHOLD WASTE RECYCLING CENTRE HEYS LANE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE ALAN RAMSBOTTOM WAY GREAT HARWOOD Development:LCC CONSULTATION: CHANGE OF USE OF FORMER HOUSEHOLD WASTER RECYCLING CENTRE TO TRAVEL CARE VEHICLE DEPOT INCLUDING SITING OF WELFARE PORTACABIN.
Case File
Old 21-09-2012, 15:40   #829
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Application No:11/12/0370 Registration Date:20 Sep 2012 Location:14 CHURCH STREET ACCRINGTON Development:CHANGE OF USE OF FIRST FLOOR FROM RESTAURANT TO BAR, INSTALLATION OF NEW SHOP FRONT TO GROUND FLOOR INSTALLATION OF EXTERNAL STAIR TO FIRST FLOOR AT REAR OF PROPERTY.

Case File
Disabled access to the take away, what about the first floor bar, how do disabled get up there, no disabled toilets at first floor level either.............throw the application out !!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 17:56   #830
Resting in Peace

Hi, Park .. where you bin ?

Hawkeye, hahaha .. good to have someone comment on this thread.
Think members look though.

Maybe, the toilets shown (just one for each sex), could be installed on a disabled facility ?
Do they have to have one, as well as access for them to upstairs ?

Goes off to Google this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 21-09-2012, 18:22   #831
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi, Park .. where you bin ?

Maybe, the toilets shown (just one for each sex), could be installed on a disabled facility ?
Do they have to have one, as well as access for them to upstairs ?

Goes off to Google this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
No I don't think so, disabled toilets are to be a certain size to allow wheel chairs and chair turning circle. The plans only show stair access to the first floor...............a case of disabled discrimination I think

Albert Einstein.

Old 21-09-2012, 21:01   #832
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
No I don't think so, disabled toilets are to be a certain size to allow wheel chairs and chair turning circle. The plans only show stair access to the first floor...............a case of disabled discrimination I think
Lots of info on the net about accessible toilets sizes etc if you have them (Part M of building regs) but nothing I could find about whether toilets and upstairs access have to be provided or not. Too difficult to generalise I suppose and not enshrined in law.

As for access to first floor - would be difficult and expensive to fit a lift in most small premises so not an option and so most disabled would be limited to ground floor anyway unless helped upstairs.

PS A "disabled toilet" is one which is broken. An "accessible toilet" is available for use. Plans and signs should be marked accordingly.

buildings - toilets
Old 21-09-2012, 21:24   #833
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Heres one always snecks at what yeh put here. But as yeh know i'm a man of few words.
Old 21-09-2012, 22:41   #834

Your far to modest Cashy.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 07:21   #835
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Lots of info on the net about accessible toilets sizes etc if you have them (Part M of building regs) but nothing I could find about whether toilets and upstairs access have to be provided or not. Too difficult to generalise I suppose and not enshrined in law.

As for access to first floor - would be difficult and expensive to fit a lift in most small premises so not an option and so most disabled would be limited to ground floor anyway unless helped upstairs.

PS A "disabled toilet" is one which is broken. An "accessible toilet" is available for use. Plans and signs should be marked accordingly.

buildings - toilets
Ground floor is only a "take away"(level access to purchase goods) but the first floor is to be a bar (open to the public or just for the owners use?)

Disability and the Equality Act 2010 : Directgov - Disabled people

Albert Einstein.

Old 22-09-2012, 13:27   #836
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Heres one always snecks at what yeh put here. But as yeh know i'm a man of few words.
I know, Cashy. All part of your 'inquisitive' nature..
Old 27-09-2012, 13:09   #837
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Case File
Above been withdrawn.
Old 29-09-2012, 11:03   #838
God Member

Today I have received a letter from LCC which advises nearby residents of a planning application for alterations to the grounds of Hippings School (half way up Heron Way Osw).

Planning Application Display - 11/12/0382

"Car Park Extension:
There are currently 8No. parking spaces including 1No. disabled parking bay and a designated loading area.
There are currently 24No. staff members who drive to work on a regular basis since they are not locally based.
There are car parking restrictions immediately adjacent to the school grounds due to private resident parking and highway restrictions.
Staff members park within the school car park but tend to double park and park on the access road which causes difficulties with deliveries and removal of refuse. As a consequence of the restricted space for delivery vehicles etc. the surrounding grass and landscaped areas are driven over and are damaged on a regular basis. "

So the parking spaces for staff are doubled to 16 (but will be 8 short of what are needed), and an additional small tarmaced play area will be constructed for use of 1st year pupils.

So Heron Way will again be invaded with heavy construction vehicles - excavation/levelling of a grassed slope is required for the car park.

I appreciate that 'on street' parking problems will be slightly improved by these works, and hope this is the last of the noisy disruption that nearby residents have suffered for the past two years whilst the football pavilion was built.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2012, 12:18   #839
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Thats good news for the school but its a shame they cant make the car park bigger than they need to allow for further expansion while they are doing it.

They need to drop some of those trees around the car park while they are at it in my opinion.
Old 29-09-2012, 12:34   #840
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thats good news for the school but its a shame they cant make the car park bigger than they need to allow for further expansion while they are doing it.

They need to drop some of those trees around the car park while they are at it in my opinion.
The new site for 8 parking places is on the south eastern (long) side of the building, well away from any trees.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Osw...d+Kingdom&z=19
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..