Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2012, 16:07   #856
Senior Member+

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The reasons made me laugh. HBC need to start enforcing some of those parking and road use strategies in other areas. How about the businesses on Harvey Street Ossy blocking the road or the obvious one of Blackburn Road shops with cars parking on the footpath?
I will go along with that one, Harvey Street is getting beyond a joke, when someone gets knocked down something will get done. I thought it was an offence to double park and to sell cars from the footpath.
Blackburn Road is just as bad some people seem to do as they please. Must admit the block paved areas in front of the shops has made nice car parks for some

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2012, 18:02   #857
Resting in Peace

Can understand the Parking aspect, however, this puzzled me as quite a way from any residential property.

Most take-aways have little or no parking areas either ?

Would think a chain like Dominoes would be very welcome as, I believe, their pizzas are very good, and would attract flow into town (even during the day).
Ok ... realise they have to abide by our planning rules.

'2 The establishment of a hot food take-away in this area would result in a loss of residential
amenity by virtue of noise, disturbance, smell and litter'
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 18:08   #858
Senior Member+

These applications make interesting reading, they are all for "small scale" wind turbines, the farms are in the shadows of our new visitor attraction on ossy moor, an attraction that can be viewed from pendle hill.
11/12/0179 lower westall lot farm - decided - refused
11/12/0383 higher bold venture farm - decided - refused
11/12/0433 brewer lot farm - current.
The MOD have objected to all three applications - the reason being that all the proposed wind turbine installations would be 36.6km, 32.322km, & 33km away from "line of sight" from the ATC Radar at Warton.
There is no MOD comments on the visitor attraction (wind farm) application, is it possible they forgot or have they not objected....... because I am sure they must be very near "line of sight" to the Warton ATC Radar if the small scale farm ones are, or is that one OK because it will be making big bucks for someone

View the map
eGGP

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-11-2012, 18:11   #859
Beacon of light

I think it is the last thing you mentioned....they are making someone a lot of dosh.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 18:55   #860
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Can understand the Parking aspect, however, this puzzled me as quite a way from any residential property.

Most take-aways have little or no parking areas either ?

Would think a chain like Dominoes would be very welcome as, I believe, their pizzas are very good, and would attract flow into town (even during the day).
Ok ... realise they have to abide by our planning rules.

'2 The establishment of a hot food take-away in this area would result in a loss of residential
amenity by virtue of noise, disturbance, smell and litter'
There is no residential property on the showroom side but there is on the other side, what used to be the workshop part a narrow street with houses directly facing

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-11-2012, 19:23   #861
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think it is the last thing you mentioned....they are making someone a lot of dosh.
I am sure you are correct there Margaret someone has done their sums. It is estimated that each turbine will produce 7.2millon kW per year x by 12 the number of turbines and we have an estimated 86.4 million kW per year generated payments estimated at:-
1. A generation tariff = 0.49p per kW (for producing green energy)
2. An export tariff (what they put back in to the grid) in this case it is the whole lot = 0.47p per kW
That is a lot of money for the investors est. Ł83 million per year, life span of turbines = 20 years work that one out for yourself but it is a lot of money and who is paying............not hm.gov, not the banks...............but you and I in increased gas and electric charges to pay for this "green" energy

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-11-2012, 22:09   #862
Beacon of light

Yes, I know.......it really puts my blood pressure up.
Especially as these monstrosities are so ineffectual in producing the amount of energy that is needed......and they blight the landscape too(though I know some people think they look beautiful).
We have been sold a 'lemon' with these hideous things.......and in years to come we will realise this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 22:38   #863
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The reasons made me laugh. HBC need to start enforcing some of those parking and road use strategies in other areas. How about the businesses on Harvey Street Ossy blocking the road or the obvious one of Blackburn Road shops with cars parking on the footpath?
Has the penny not dropped wi yeh yet? Blackburn Rd has been a No-Go area fer donkeys years regards police or HBC taking any action.
Old 03-12-2012, 17:22   #864
Resting in Peace

Don't know whether this consultation is of any interest. Know there are objections recently about the smell, so not sure if it relates or anything.

Application No:11/12/0482 Registration Date:22 Nov 2012 Location:SITA UK LTD WHINNEY HILL ROAD ACCRINGTON BB5 5EN Development:LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL CONSULTATION: CONSTRUCTION OF LEACHATE PLAN TO INCLUDE THE ERECTION OF 10 STORAGE TANKS, A METHANE STRIPPING PLANT AND ASSOCIATED ABOVE LCC CONSULTATION: GROUND PIPEWORK. REGRADING WORKS TO INCLUDE THE CONSTRUCTION OF BUNDS AND

Case File

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find this application a little strange, just a back street down there. Used to play 'Rin, Tin,Tin around that little block as a girl...

What will the address be ? Just 'Off Penny House Lane' as per the application ?

Application No:11/12/0485 Registration Date:22 Nov 2012 Location:FORMER WORKSHOP OFF PENNYHOUSE LANE ACCRINGTON Development:FULL: CHANGE OF USE FROM A FORMER WORKSHOP INTO 1 NO DWELLING

Case File
Old 26-01-2013, 22:30   #865
Senior Member+

Here is the application for the new bus station:

Case File
BOB and Judith Addison like this.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 18:44   #866
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Single storey "rear" extension ha ha, what about the detached single storey extension to the side of the house, the new entrance walls, the lack of off road car parking..................are they going to be allowed to "get away" with it.Think I may need to get my camera out !!
Well that was in July 2011, I passed the house today Wednesday 10th April 2013, we still have the detached singlt storey building, but it's now attached via a 2 storey "side" extension up to roof level and fitted out with windows.
The project is nothing like the planning application drawings. Whoever the Architect or Surveyor is he / she must know what is being built, may be there are 2 sets of plans, 1 for hyndburn council and 1 for the builder. Come on hyndburn planning enforcement section, sort it out. All I can say is that I am glad I do not live next door.

Albert Einstein.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:57   #867
Resting in Peace

Where is this Park ?
Old 11-04-2013, 17:58   #868
Senior Member+

Quote:
Where is this Park ?
Haslingden Old Road - Knuzden Brook on towards the Duckworth Hall Pub. The houses are on the right hand side, with a chicken farm on the left.

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:41   #869
Resting in Peace

Get yer' trainers out:

Application No:11/13/0167 Registration Date:25 Apr 2013 Location:UNIT A WHINNEY HILL ROAD CLAYTON LE MOORS Development:FULL: CHANGE OF USE FROM VACANT UNIT TO FITNESS CENTRE/GYMNASIUM

Case File
Old 05-05-2013, 16:30   #870
Senior Member+

Quote:
Get yer' trainers out:

Application No:11/13/0167 Registration Date:25 Apr 2013 Location:UNIT A WHINNEY HILL ROAD CLAYTON LE MOORS Development:FULL: CHANGE OF USE FROM VACANT UNIT TO FITNESS CENTRE/GYMNASIUM

Case File
Love it, a great application full of detail.

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..