Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 16:36   #871
Senior Member+

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Well that was in July 2011, I passed the house today Wednesday 10th April 2013, we still have the detached singlt storey building, but it's now attached via a 2 storey "side" extension up to roof level and fitted out with windows.
The project is nothing like the planning application drawings. Whoever the Architect or Surveyor is he / she must know what is being built, may be there are 2 sets of plans, 1 for hyndburn council and 1 for the builder. Come on hyndburn planning enforcement section, sort it out. All I can say is that I am glad I do not live next door.
Work seems to have stopped, for the time being, may be that is their plan, leave it for months in the hope that no one will bother. I am sure we have a member of the planning committee posting on Accy Web, get the Planning Enforcement Officer on the job, make him earn his keep, and sort this one out before its finished, make them pull it down and start again

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2013, 13:55   #872
Resting in Peace

Keep at it Park !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 14:07   #873
Senior Member+

Quote:
That is a laugh (retrospective), the brickwork on the kitchen extension is up to roof level. I would put a stop on the whole project and make them take it all down including the detached single storey building, and the entrance walls, nothing like the drawings that were approved. Some people think they can do as they please It is a question of how strong Hyndburn's development control and enforcement section are.
If the property owners are not made to pull it down then, I see no need for a planning department at all, let people build what they want where they want
The saga of No 22 Haslingden Old Road continues see

Search Results

The photo shows what is there, the extension is larger than the existing house the planning history makes interesting reading
Attached Images
File Type: jpg haslingden road.jpg (146.0 KB, 46 views)

Albert Einstein.

Old 29-08-2013, 18:26   #874
Senior Member+

Quote:
These applications make interesting reading, they are all for "small scale" wind turbines, the farms are in the shadows of our new visitor attraction on ossy moor, an attraction that can be viewed from pendle hill.
11/12/0179 lower westall lot farm - decided - refused
11/12/0383 higher bold venture farm - decided - refused
11/12/0433 brewer lot farm - current.
The MOD have objected to all three applications - the reason being that all the proposed wind turbine installations would be 36.6km, 32.322km, & 33km away from "line of sight" from the ATC Radar at Warton.
There is no MOD comments on the visitor attraction (wind farm) application, is it possible they forgot or have they not objected....... because I am sure they must be very near "line of sight" to the Warton ATC Radar if the small scale farm ones are, or is that one OK because it will be making big bucks for someone

View the map
eGGP
I have only just seen this thread - I would not expect an ATC radar to pick up anything at ground level at a range of anywhere near 30km unless there was a significant difference in heights - the obstruction being the highest - reasonable to assume that Wharton ATC is more or less at sea level, but no idea about Ossie Moor + height of the turbines.
I do have some experience in the installation and operation of ATC radars - Plessey Watchman and NG ASR-12. Permanent returns can be blanked out from any radar display e.g. Moving Target Indicator. I suspect that the wind farm had a lot more clout that the farmers and more expensive legal advice - or dare I suggest something a little unethical
Old 11-03-2016, 19:20   #875
Senior Member+

I think it may be not what you know but who you know, I think Ossy moor is owned by Lord.....forgot his name

Albert Einstein.

Old 11-03-2016, 19:25   #876
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Keep at it Park !
Hello
Here I am again, planning in Hyndburn what a great subject

I am back

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-09-2016, 11:25   #877
Junior Member+

Believe Planning Application gone in for Al-Hamza (number 11/16/0367) can make Springhill very very busy with more noise, fireworks etc

Put this on a different thread, apologies for that.
Old 24-09-2016, 15:08   #878
Senior Member+

Case File

Makes interesting reading, check the Design & Access Statement item 5.2
Indicates what could happen if they don't get planning permission

Have a look at the car parking area on drawing 15019-11 designed by
The Intelligent Design Centre.........how will that work Cars boxed in that would be fun

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-09-2016, 15:10   #879
Senior Member+

Have a look at it now, and whilst you are there look at No 20 it's a carbon copy, now a pair of very big houses

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-09-2016, 15:13   #880
Senior Member+

Quote:
The saga of No 22 Haslingden Old Road continues see

Search Results

The photo shows what is there, the extension is larger than the existing house the planning history makes interesting reading
We now have a pair of very large houses, where are the planning officers

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..