Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 16:01   #496
Resting in Peace

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Looks that way kate, might call in a scaitcliffe towers and view the application plans

What about this one

11/10/0522

Major full: Erection of 10 No dwellings on
site of former Springhill WMC Lonsdale
Street/Pickup Street Accrington

Land at Lonsdale Street
Accrington

29/11/2010

Mr S Hussain

went past the site on friday, work was in full swing, machines on there floor slabs and pot beam floor down, application has not gone to committee yet, must have had the nod from someone in power
Its actually a bit silly starting wihout planning Park, could just end up get retro refused, then their in the dodo
Old 11-12-2010, 16:08   #497
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its actually a bit silly starting wihout planning Park, could just end up get retro refused, then their in the dodo
I know that, you know that, but it would seem that the builder does not know that.............may be has friends on planning committee and knows something we don't

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 16:20   #498
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
270 Whalley Road Accrington
BB5 5DQ
Mr. M. Hussain.
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...nda_081210.pdf
Had another look at this link, and I find that the officer has noted at the start of the report "Councillor Ayub requested that this application be considered by the planning committee"
Councillor Ayub is a member of the planning committee,is his request not a little naughty, should he not declaire an interest as and when the application is discussed in planning committee and leave the room.

Albert Einstein.

Old 11-12-2010, 18:06   #499
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Had another look at this link, and I find that the officer has noted at the start of the report "Councillor Ayub requested that this application be considered by the planning committee"
Councillor Ayub is a member of the planning committee,is his request not a little naughty, should he not declaire an interest as and when the application is discussed in planning committee and leave the room.
I did puzzle about that one, Park, as to if he had some sort of interest ... just thought he may have been trying to do his best for one of his constituents. Wonder which way he voted though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 18:11   #500
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I know that, you know that, but it would seem that the builder does not know that.............may be has friends on planning committee and knows something we don't
I think they should make them remove the work they have done before the planning application is decided on. I think it is wrong for a builder to start without it as they know they need it. Stick them with a big fine so they will wait next time.
Old 11-12-2010, 18:15   #501
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I did puzzle about that one, Park, as to if he had some sort of interest ... just thought he may have been trying to do his best for one of his constituents. Wonder which way he voted though.
As stated previous, he should have declaired an interest and left the meeting, but you put it very well "one of his constituents" lol

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 11-12-2010 at 18:18.
Old 11-12-2010, 18:17   #502
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think they should make them remove the work they have done before the planning application is decided on. I think it is wrong for a builder to start without it as they know they need it. Stick them with a big fine so they will wait next time.
A perfect world.................I wish, but I agree with you.

Albert Einstein.

Old 11-12-2010, 20:07   #503

I live just around the corner from there and they have been working on there for a good few weeks. Makes me hope they don't get the permission, but somehow i think thats already been sorted. The power of the brown envelope strikes again.........:rolle yes:
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00   #504
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
A perfect world.................I wish, but I agree with you.
The planning lot at the Council appear to have no real power. Why are they not knocking on the site formans door and telling him to stop work as they have no planning permission to be working?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:42   #505
Senior Member+

Quote:
The planning lot at the Council appear to have no real power. Why are they not knocking on the site formans door and telling him to stop work as they have no planning permission to be working?
That is true, they add conditions to planning permissions granted, conditions designed to protect residents from noise, pollution, and extended working hours. Then make excuses as to why they do not enforce those conditions

Albert Einstein.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:49   #506
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
That is true, they add conditions to planning permissions granted, conditions designed to protect residents from noise, pollution, and extended working hours. Then make excuses as to why they do not enforce those conditions
Are any of our Councillor members on the planning committee?
If so maybe they can explain how a building delvelopment like this can start without planning permission and why it has not been shut down yet.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:26   #507
Senior Member+

Quote:
Are any of our Councillor members on the planning committee?
If so maybe they can explain how a building delvelopment like this can start without planning permission and why it has not been shut down yet.
Councillor M Haworth is vice chair, Councillor B Roberts, Councillor D Hayes are all members of the planning committee, if they are also members of accy web may be they could explain why the development is being allowed to carry on prior to planning permission being given

Albert Einstein.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:33   #508
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Councillor M Haworth is vice chair, Councillor B Roberts, Councillor D Hayes are all members of the planning committee, if they are also members of accy web may be they could explain why the development is being allowed to carry on prior to planning permission being given
So what will be a no then.

The Councillors are only on the committe though, we must have enforcement officers. Is it not there job to make sure this sort of thing does not happen?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:44   #509
Senior Member+

Quote:
So what will be a no then.

The Councillors are only on the committe though, we must have enforcement officers. Is it not there job to make sure this sort of thing does not happen?
I think its the technical officers of the council that prepare reports for the planning committee that report will contain details of the application and reasons it should be either accepted or refused, however the planning committee do not always vote as per the report recommendation as has happened in the past, sometimes resulting in an appeal by the applicant. Yes HBC does have an "enforcement officer"...........over worked by all accounts but he/she has been a busy bee looking at the list attached.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...s_01.11.10.pdf

Albert Einstein.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:20   #510
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As stated previous, he should have declaired an interest and left the meeting, but you put it very well "one of his constituents" lol
Don't think that is quite correct park, a councillor only has to declare an interest if he has involvement with the said application or with the applicant, can't see anything wrong with a constituent lobbying a councillor with regards to planning no more than contacting him/her with regards to say their dust bin not being emptied, so long as no sort of inducement is offered

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..