Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2011, 18:26   #706
Senior Member+

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, would seem so Park .. it is always busy, but did need refurbishing, was pleased to see this.
They were all busy even the ones out in the sticks, Ossy now only has the one in the Co-op, the next one is at west end. Its a long walk

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2011, 18:42   #707
Senior Member+

What to do, here are two planning applications for 22 Haslingden Old Road

Search Results

The first application was withdrawn, the second application was passed, a two storey extension to the side of the house. What has been built or is in the process of being built is a single storey detached building, fronted by entrance walls, see the approved drawings. The application was passed in 2009,........I pass the site several times a week, there would seem to be a big difference in the approved drawings and what has been built......I wonder does anyone from the planning department visit this website, if so get the Planning Enforcement Officer to visit 22 Haslingden Old Road and check it out.

Albert Einstein.

Old 19-05-2011, 19:26   #708
Resting in Peace

Bit lost with this one .. know has been applied for before. The applicant is Hurstwood Properties ... are they doing it on behalf of a potential buyer ?:

Comment On Application
Application No:11/11/0177Registration Date:11 May 2011Location:WESTWOOD GARAGE HARWOOD ROAD RISHTONDevelopment:CHANGE OF USE AND ALTERATIONS OF EXISTING BUILDING TO FORM ONE A1 RETAIL UNIT (430sqm) AND ONE RECEPTION UNIT (108sqm) FOR THE EXISTING USE OF THE REMAINING PROPERTY (CAR WORK SHOP).

Case File

Well, at least Mcdonalds are having a make-over:

Application No:11/11/0176Registration Date:11 May 2011Location:MCDONALDS RESTAURANT LTD HYNDBURN ROAD ACCRINGTON Development:REFURBISHMENT OF RESTAURANT AND PATIO AREA, INCLUDING ASSOCIATED WORK TO THE SITE. ELEVATIONAL CHANGES INCLUDING CLADDING. INSTALLATION OF A CUSTOMER ORDER DISPLAY WITH CANOPY. REPLACEMENT AND NEW SIGNAGE

Case File
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 21:41   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
What to do, here are two planning applications for 22 Haslingden Old Road

Search Results

The first application was withdrawn, the second application was passed, a two storey extension to the side of the house. What has been built or is in the process of being built is a single storey detached building, fronted by entrance walls, see the approved drawings. The application was passed in 2009,........I pass the site several times a week, there would seem to be a big difference in the approved drawings and what has been built......I wonder does anyone from the planning department visit this website, if so get the Planning Enforcement Officer to visit 22 Haslingden Old Road and check it out.
I have reported this to the planning department
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 11:09   #710
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post

Hey, that is good.

Like this:

Application No:11/11/0190Registration Date:19 May 2011Location:1 VICTOR STREET CLAYTON LE MOORS ACCRINGTON BB5 5PD Development:CHANGE OF USE FROM A1 SHOP TO DROP IN ADVICE CENTRE (SUI GENERIS USE)

Case File

Since we lost the Neighbourhood Management office (mind you, never knew it was there before) ... this is a more prominent position and will be better used. Is the shop that was a butchers, and if the Post Office goes ahead with their refurbishment should tidy up that block nicely.

Well done Nick Collingridge ... even though in the Planning Application you are initially addressed as a Mrs...
Old 23-05-2011, 12:47   #711
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good I hope the planning enforcement officer brings them to task.

I feel that it is important to report what are possible beaches of planning conditions more so now with the cut back of Council staff

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-05-2011, 12:49   #712
Senior Member+

Quote:
Bit lost with this one .. know has been applied for before. The applicant is Hurstwood Properties ... are they doing it on behalf of a potential buyer ?:

Comment On Application
Application No:11/11/0177Registration Date:11 May 2011Location:WESTWOOD GARAGE HARWOOD ROAD RISHTONDevelopment:CHANGE OF USE AND ALTERATIONS OF EXISTING BUILDING TO FORM ONE A1 RETAIL UNIT (430sqm) AND ONE RECEPTION UNIT (108sqm) FOR THE EXISTING USE OF THE REMAINING PROPERTY (CAR WORK SHOP).

Case File

Well, at least Mcdonalds are having a make-over:

Application No:11/11/0176Registration Date:11 May 2011Location:MCDONALDS RESTAURANT LTD HYNDBURN ROAD ACCRINGTON Development:REFURBISHMENT OF RESTAURANT AND PATIO AREA, INCLUDING ASSOCIATED WORK TO THE SITE. ELEVATIONAL CHANGES INCLUDING CLADDING. INSTALLATION OF A CUSTOMER ORDER DISPLAY WITH CANOPY. REPLACEMENT AND NEW SIGNAGE

Case File
Did Hurstwood not go into liquidation a while ago?

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-05-2011, 13:54   #713
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Good I hope the planning enforcement officer brings them to task.

I feel that it is important to report what are possible beaches of planning conditions more so now with the cut back of Council staff
Did you report it directly yourself?
Old 23-05-2011, 14:43   #714
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Been there,done that,years ago, waste of time imho, much better if a member of the council reports it.
Old 23-05-2011, 14:46   #715
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not in this case, I was asking a question, and that question was answered by someone on accy web whom I assume is on the planning committee

I have however reported possible breaches of planning conditions in the past.

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-05-2011, 15:04   #716
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Did Hurstwood not go into liquidation a while ago?
Looked at Companies House, Park ... seems a Hurstwood RSL Ltd., based in Bolton did. This is Hurstwood Properties (Y) Ltd in Manchester. Possibly all under the same umbrella, but operating separately do you think ?
Old 23-05-2011, 15:20   #717
Senior Member+

Quote:
Looked at Companies House, Park ... seems a Hurstwood RSL Ltd., based in Bolton did. This is Hurstwood Properties (Y) Ltd in Manchester. Possibly all under the same umbrella, but operating separately do you think ?
You could be right there kate, were they not in the Rossendale area as well

Albert Einstein.

Old 23-05-2011, 15:55   #718
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You could be right there kate, were they not in the Rossendale area as well
Yes, this is the one that has made the application ... was showing the registered address in Manchester on CH which threw me.

They could have been a Management buy out or maybe they are franchaised ? Who knows.
Old 25-05-2011, 18:50   #719
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is there any feedback, have HBC taken any action on the problem, or are they still thinking about it.

Albert Einstein.

Old 25-05-2011, 18:57   #720
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, this is the one that has made the application ... was showing the registered address in Manchester on CH which threw me.

They could have been a Management buy out or maybe they are franchaised ? Who knows.
May be. Hirstwood started a new build project at Knott End on the sea front, large block of £££££ flats with shops on the ground floor,job stopped at first floor level, drawings dated 2007/08.

Albert Einstein.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..