Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 15:45   #751
Senior Member+

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks, Tealeaf, noticed this in applications for Blackburn and Darwen the other week. Lot of reading in there from other councils' experiences, but interesting nevertheless.

The main statement is :

'Helping to reduce crime, fear of crime and nuisance in Lancashire'

Is this a bad area then for back alley crime ?

The applicant is HBC, but doesn't, obviously, state where funding is coming from. Could well be part of some scheme on crime prevention or summat ?
Wonder how much all that "design" work cost, will the project create a no go area?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2011, 17:28   #752

I too am curious as to why the need in this particular area for Alley gating. Hope this isn't the start of Councils penning areas in so they end up looking like ghettos.

When the workmen erecting these knock off for the day do you think they say "Se ya later allygator!"
Mikejoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 17:41   #753
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejoed View Post
I too am curious as to why the need in this particular area for Alley gating. Hope this isn't the start of Councils penning areas in so they end up looking like ghettos.

When the workmen erecting these knock off for the day do you think they say "Se ya later allygator!"

As far as I can see, this is a first for Hyndburn, Mike, sure it could be the start of more applications. Problem is, when they alleygate certain backstreets, it just leaves the surrounding ones more vulnerable to crime.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 17:47   #754
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As far as I can see, this is a first for Hyndburn, Mike, sure it could be the start of more applications. Problem is, when they alleygate certain backstreets, it just leaves the surrounding ones more vulnerable to crime.
It actually happens quite a lot in the area where Joan lives Kate and there has been a great improvement in the break ins and vandalism saga
Old 05-07-2011, 18:07   #755
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It actually happens quite a lot in the area where Joan lives Kate and there has been a great improvement in the break ins and vandalism saga
You mean other areas have been fitted with "alley gates" without planning permission.

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-07-2011, 06:09   #756
Resting in Peace

Am I reading this correctly ?
A fitness centre/gym is proposed within this building ?

Application No:11/11/0306Registration Date:12 Jul 2011Location:ACCRINGTON SUPERBOWL THE VIADUCT HYNDBURN ROAD ACCRINGTON Development:Certificate of Lawful Proposed Use (Section 192): Use of building as fitness suite (Use Class D2)

Case File
Old 15-07-2011, 06:18   #757
Senior Member+

Quote:
Am I reading this correctly ?
A fitness centre/gym is proposed within this building ?

Application No:11/11/0306Registration Date:12 Jul 2011Location:ACCRINGTON SUPERBOWL THE VIADUCT HYNDBURN ROAD ACCRINGTON Development:Certificate of Lawful Proposed Use (Section 192): Use of building as fitness suite (Use Class D2)

Case File
Looks that way, would have thought there were enough fitness centres/gyms in Accrington, is there not one at the other end of Hyndburn road

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-07-2011, 06:22   #758
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
What to do, here are two planning applications for 22 Haslingden Old Road

Search Results

The first application was withdrawn, the second application was passed, a two storey extension to the side of the house. What has been built or is in the process of being built is a single storey detached building, fronted by entrance walls, see the approved drawings. The application was passed in 2009,........I pass the site several times a week, there would seem to be a big difference in the approved drawings and what has been built......I wonder does anyone from the planning department visit this website, if so get the Planning Enforcement Officer to visit 22 Haslingden Old Road and check it out.
Eeew .... lookee, Park :

Application No:11/11/0313Registration Date:13 Jul 2011Location:22 HASLINGDEN OLD ROAD BLACKBURN BB1 2DY Development:Householder: Single storey rear extension (retrospective)

Case File
Old 15-07-2011, 06:43   #759
Senior Member+

Quote:
Eeew .... lookee, Park :

Application No:11/11/0313Registration Date:13 Jul 2011Location:22 HASLINGDEN OLD ROAD BLACKBURN BB1 2DY Development:Householder: Single storey rear extension (retrospective)

Case File
Single storey "rear" extension ha ha, what about the detached single storey extension to the side of the house, the new entrance walls, the lack of off road car parking..................are they going to be allowed to "get away" with it.Think I may need to get my camera out !!

Albert Einstein.

Old 15-07-2011, 06:48   #760
Resting in Peace

Go, Parkee, go ...
Old 15-07-2011, 11:01   #761
Senior Member+

Quote:
Eeew .... lookee, Park :

Case File
That is a laugh (retrospective), the brickwork on the kitchen extension is up to roof level. I would put a stop on the whole project and make them take it all down including the detached single storey building, and the entrance walls, nothing like the drawings that were approved. Some people think they can do as they please It is a question of how strong Hyndburn's development control and enforcement section are.
If the property owners are not made to pull it down then, I see no need for a planning department at all, let people build what they want where they want

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-08-2011, 20:04   #762
Resting in Peace

So, what have we got lately .. not a lot.

Slight amendment to Owl Hall plans:

Application No:11/11/0353Registration Date:11 Aug 2011Location:OWL HALL PLANTATION ROAD ACCRINGTON BB5 2DQ Development:ERECTION OF TWO NO DWELLINGS AND SUB-DIVISION OF OWL HALL. (RESULTING IN NO INCREASE IN HOUSE NUMBERS AS APPROVED UNDER PLANNING APPLICATION 11/08/0390

Case File

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Christophers 2 (!) 6 A side football pitches ... what happened to Netball courts ???

Application No:11/11/0344Registration Date:05 Aug 2011Location:ST CHRISTOPHERS C E HIGH SCHOOL QUEENS ROAD WEST ACCRINGTON LANCS BB5 4AY Development:CREATION OF 3G SURFACE 6 A-SIDE PITCHES AND EXTENSION TO CAR PARK INCLUDING EXTERNAL WORKS AND ASSOCIATED LIGHTING

Case File

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alley Gates got passed .. will now open the Flood Gates :

http://planning.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/WA...rd&pageCount=1

A refusal .. suppose was bound to happen being the oldest known property in Accrington :

Old 24-08-2011, 20:30   #763
Senior Member+

Quote:
So, what have we got lately .. not a lot.

Slight amendment to Owl Hall plans:

Application No:11/11/0353Registration Date:11 Aug 2011Location:OWL HALL PLANTATION ROAD ACCRINGTON BB5 2DQ Development:ERECTION OF TWO NO DWELLINGS AND SUB-DIVISION OF OWL HALL. (RESULTING IN NO INCREASE IN HOUSE NUMBERS AS APPROVED UNDER PLANNING APPLICATION 11/08/0390

Case File

St. Christophers 2 (!) 6 A side football pitches ... what happened to Netball courts ???

Application No:11/11/0344Registration Date:05 Aug 2011Location:ST CHRISTOPHERS C E HIGH SCHOOL QUEENS ROAD WEST ACCRINGTON LANCS BB5 4AY Development:CREATION OF 3G SURFACE 6 A-SIDE PITCHES AND EXTENSION TO CAR PARK INCLUDING EXTERNAL WORKS AND ASSOCIATED LIGHTING

Case File

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Alley Gates got passed .. will now open the Flood Gates :

A refusal .. suppose was bound to happen being the oldest known property in Accrington :

The chap who applied for this is a friend of mine and even if he wasnt the decision stinks , the cottages are the oldest listed buildings in in accrington but they have all been extended several times . The extension they wanted would not be seen by anybody other than the householders themselves , the conservation officer got a bee in his bonnet about the extension covering an original window.The window was not being altered covered or removed but he was of the opinion that it was detrimental to the simple linear line of the building which has about five additions on it already.I dont get it its 2011 not 1628 people have to live in these buildings and modern life is different. Anyway rant over sorry
Old 24-08-2011, 21:09   #764
Resting in Peace

S'okay for your rant, Walkinman, did feel slightly sympathetic to this myself, I know extensions have to fit in with surrounding, etc., but feel it was more of a political decision.

Couldn't really see what harm it was doing, like you say, particularly as similar to what has been passed before.

I love our old buildings, but sometimes they have to move on.
Old 30-08-2011, 15:45   #765
Resting in Peace

Thought you may be interested in two appeals to the Secretary of State which were dismissed.

The first one is domestic, which I don't really like to report on here, but the reasons for disallowing Planning Permission may be helpful :

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...mere_Drive.pdf

Can't say was sorry about this one either:

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...l_Decision.pdf

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..