Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 08:11   #31

Re: is this true ?

Well I've asked a colleague and he says he noticed it too, but says its good luck so your car isn't jinxed, I asked him about the crash n cash in, he says hes not heard of anything and also added - people like that ruin it for the rest of us, insurance is high enough as it is! Interesting!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:32   #32
Resting in Peace

I think the good luck charm or the earth conductor which walkinman mentioned earlier in the thread is a more convincing argument than the one put forward by the thread starter, after all if there was an insurance scam involved, it would be arranged by parties in advance not just bumping into any Tom Dick or Abdul with black invite dangling from their boot
Old 04-10-2011, 18:09   #33
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The anti static/motion sickness strips I know about, but black cloth ? That's a new one on me & I've certainly not seen it while driving round in Europe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagemagic.php.jpg (19.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-10-2011, 19:44   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It looks like entwisi answered the original question and the answer is - No its not true.
Old 27-11-2011, 23:10   #35

SURELY. someone knows the answer to this one posed by Sausage Butty ? I think I do, but dare I intimate the implications here ? Only hearsay though, I will wait awhile and see what transpires.....The truth will out..
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 23:22   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post
SURELY. someone knows the answer to this one posed by Sausage Butty ? I think I do, but dare I intimate the implications here ? Only hearsay though, I will wait awhile and see what transpires.....The truth will out..

Intimate away.

Hardly a topical thread.

You might be in for a long wait, if you're expecting anything else to transpire in this thread, any time soon.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 23:25   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post
SURELY. someone knows the answer to this one posed by Sausage Butty ?
Yes, I do.

Urban myth.

Bollocks.

Stuff and nonsense.

Call it what you will.

Old 28-11-2011, 10:27   #38
God Member

see post #30,

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 09:30   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
The black cloth strip is to do with Islam, something about warding away evil spirits. I have a few good friends who are Muslim and they have confirmed it.
I heard that the black strip of cloth denotes that the driver is a Taliban sympathizer

A tartan strip that he is a Bay City Rollers fan.

Not seen many of them lately.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 11:49   #40
Give, give, give member

If it's a green piece of cloth it means the driver is a leprechaun, and you should drive after him, to see where he keeps his pot of gold is.

If it's a stocking, hanging from the car, that signals the owners are swingers. Approach with caution.

Old 29-11-2011, 12:11   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If it's a green piece of cloth it means the driver is a leprechaun, and you should drive after him, to see where he keeps his pot of gold is.

If it's a stocking, hanging from the car, that signals the owners are swingers. Approach with caution.
Better throw caution to the wind - at least the swingers won't disappear into thin air and leave you empy handed

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 05:54   #42

Thumbs down Re: is this true ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
I have noticed a little piece of black material hanging from the back [on the tow ring on the bottom right ] of a lot of cars in accrington and blackburn.all of these cars owned by asians . I have been told this black material indicates that they are willing to crash into each other and half the compensation money.

My car insurance has risen year on year for 4 years simply because i have an accrington postcode .

If this is true;this cannot be allowed to continue!!!

Has any body else heard anything similar?

I've actually been told that when you see the black material hanging from the rear of a taxi drivers car it is to alert other asians that they are racist, and don not like whites so they dont think bad of each other... my friend was told this directly from one of his non racist asian friends, so Im guessing its true!!

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 09:15   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
I've actually been told that when you see the black material hanging from the rear of a taxi drivers car it is to alert other asians that they are racist, and don not like whites so they dont think bad of each other... my friend was told this directly from one of his non racist asian friends, so Im guessing its true!!
and it just gets better...

how many explanations are we going to have before people realise that post 30 is correct.

and I will say its no secret that majority of insurance scams are from the bb10 area, my sister works for an insurance company in blackburn and she tells me that because of the high amount of fraudulent claims that are submitted daily is unreal and all of them are of asian descent.
she is currently investigating one claimant from bb10 who has claimed more than £6k in a crash but only paid in £2k..and this person has another 3 claims awaiting in the wings to be processed totalling £14k, this wont happen as they dont realise they are being investigated for other claims and will be done for it...
from my understanding the majority of fraud claims submitted for fake crashes in bb10 are done so by asians.
this is one of the reasons why our car insurances are sky high...

like someone said - you always get people who spoil it for others..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 09:51   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
I've actually been told that when you see the black material hanging from the rear of a taxi drivers car it is to alert other asians that they are racist, and don not like whites so they dont think bad of each other... my friend was told this directly from one of his non racist asian friends, so I'm guessing its true!!
Um that's strange really, because back in the 60s you regularly saw cars with "black" trailers hanging from the rear, whats even stranger is that back in those days there were very few Asians living in this area, they must have just been rehearsing for later years
Old 30-12-2011, 19:48   #45

I asked on another forum if the concentration of (false) claims nationwide could be related to areas where ethnic minorities lived - got no real answer.

I think legislation should be introduced so that a lie detector may be used to to test the validity of insurance claims. (No criminal implications - just an OK or a Sod Off!)
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..