Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rowlf

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2015, 10:04   #1
Full Member+

Cricket

Any Lancashire League fans out there ? Accrington in Semi Final of Worsley Cup today against Nelson so good luck to them. Im off to Lowerhouse hoping to see my team Burnley beat them and get into final for 3rd year on trot. We have won last two years and no team has won it three times in consecutive years so fingers crossed. Good luck to Accy today.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2015, 07:44   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Cricket

Thanks for this, Rowlf. How did they go on ?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 09:06   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I dunno Bob, but accy got well stuffed by Nelson.
Old 13-07-2015, 10:46   #4
Full Member+

Burnley beat Lowerhouse I am pleased to say. So Final is against Nelson at Nelson on August 9th.
Old 17-07-2015, 13:10   #5
Full Member+

Smile Re: Cricket

If anyone's interested there is what should be a good game of cricket this evening at Enfield Cricket Club,It is the Semi Final of the 20/20 competition between Enfield and Burnley. Come on down it will be better than watching the telly !!
Old 17-07-2015, 13:12   #6
Full Member+

It is a 6.15 start at Enfield.
Old 17-07-2015, 20:33   #7
Full Member+

Just for the record Burnley won. Final at Rawtenstall next Friday evening.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:54   #8

Keep an eye on the Lancashire League especially Enfield. Notice there's been some controversy over Clitheroe winning the League this year. Anybody know what the problem was?
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 16:02   #9
Full Member+

The rules of the Lancashire League state that there must be only 1 paid player per team i.e. the Professional. Clitheroe were reported last season as having up to 4 paid players.They finished top of their league so whether they will be deducted points remains to be seen. I would imagine it will be very difficult to prove one way or the other. What ever happens it will not affect Endfield as they were not in the same league. They finished top in theirs though. Next season will begin like last season with each team playing each other once and then in August the league will be split into two again.
There were three new teams last season and there are about another 5 joining next.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..