Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Grass Roots
Donate! Join Today

Grass Roots Do you play or have an interest in local sporting events? Darts, dominoes, rugby, tiddly winks? Talk about it here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2011, 18:14   #1
Resting in Peace

Lancashire County Cricket Champions

Lancashire clinched their first outright county championship in Taunton today for the first time in 77 years, Warwickshire could only draw with Hampshire leaving Lances to score 210 runs in just over 30 overs to win, they did it with the lose of 2 wickets and 5 overs to spare, well Glen Chapel, Peter Moor and the boys
Old 15-09-2011, 19:01   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lancashire County Cricket Champions

Chuffed to bits oer that un.
Old 15-09-2011, 20:09   #3
God Member

well done lancaaashire a lot of good mates are happy and so am i and some mates should be here to celebrate will be celebrating up there..
Old 15-09-2011, 20:19   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Selwyn will be chuffed to bits no doubt,its my opinion it would never have been 77 yrs but fer Manchesters crap weather, as i recall its done em quite a few times,
Old 16-09-2011, 09:22   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Selwyn will be chuffed to bits no doubt,its my opinion it would never have been 77 yrs but fer Manchesters crap weather, as i recall its done em quite a few times,
Ya cash the Manchester weather has thwarted them on numerous occasions over the years
Old 16-09-2011, 09:25   #6
Resting in Peace

Just to celebrate their achievement Thwaites brewery are releasing a special beer on Monday called um re well I'm not sure which it is really Lancashire Rain or Lancashire Reign, it would appear both titles would be apt for different reasons
Old 16-09-2011, 22:05   #7
Senior Member+

Oh lanky lanky, lanky lanky lanky lanky lancashire. About time the weather held out for us cause its that which has ballsed it up for us in the past.Well done to the boys the red rose on the up/ and to make it a top day all round Yorkshire got relegated
Old 17-09-2011, 09:34   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Oh lanky lanky, lanky lanky lanky lanky lancashire. About time the weather held out for us cause its that which has ballsed it up for us in the past.Well done to the boys the red rose on the up/ and to make it a top day all round Yorkshire got relegated
That wasn't nice WM you know how upset Geoffrey will be
Old 12-08-2019, 20:43   #9
Junior Member+

Lancashire County Cricket Champions

Why dont they just scrap the County Championship?

It gets in the way of their precious T20 so let the babies have their bottle and watch English cricket die on its fing arse.
Kamfluelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 13:16   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I aint a fan of T20 by any means, but its the way things have gone, live with it instead of bitching oer it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..