Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2014, 03:34   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Peel Park celebrates 100 years this year

lol1944, was that the team run by Jack Starkie? if so I knew most of the team from the 60s.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2016, 02:53   #47

Well I'm VERY late for the 100 year celebration but I was interested to see the picture. It must have been 1964 - I would have been 9. I am on the far right of the top row of girls. Next to me is Wendy Eckroyd. At the other end of that row are Mary Booth and Susan Byrne next to Mary Harding. And the girl next in the row was Christine something. The only other girl I remember was third from the right on the bottom row - Julie something. I went to a birthday party at her house and was amazed that her Mum gave us Blue Riband bars - in individual wrappers!! A real treat.
Turtle likes this.
joangiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 03:07   #48

Actually Christine was another Pilkington, I think. Does anyone know where any of these girls may be now - especially Mary Booth?
Old 22-09-2016, 10:46   #49

Hi Joan, I remember your name now, and the other girls that you mention. It would be nice to know where we all ended up
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 19:43   #50

Hi. Which one are you? And where are you now? I'm living in the Republic of Ireland for the last 12 years. I'm not in touch with anyone from those days, sadly.
Old 24-09-2016, 18:04   #51

I sent you a private message, Joan
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 19:23   #52

I was at Peel Park 1965-1969. Remember Mr Hinchcliffe -he took us on great nature walks, Heaton, Virtue, Paris and also a temporary teacher -female who inspired me to go on to university to study English Language -would love to thank her. Anyone know how to get a list of pupils around this period?
helenbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 09:00   #53
Senior Member+

I am in touch with some PPers who went onto the Grammar School, but I don't have a list of them.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..