Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2006, 00:02   #1
Senior Member+

Good vets in ossy/accy??

Anyone recommend a REALLY good vets in accy/ossy ???
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2006, 01:12   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Good vets in ossy/accy??

I Use Myerscough on Union Road.

There arnt the cheapest but been good upto now.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 01:53   #3

Hey simon i just got a boxer pup, in the past ive used myerscough theres one in gt harwood too ive got him in there next week an can say through past pets they have been brill.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 06:32   #4
Resident Waffler

We use Mearly in Whalley Rd Accy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 07:35   #5
God Member

Another vote for Myerscough in Ossy, they were very good with our old cat when we needed to put her down.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 07:48   #6
God Member

I had to have my 16 year old Staffi Ben put to sleep yesterday, not good at all. Stilll feel like I've lost one of the family today.

When he had his accident we used Myerscough on Union Rd they were ok but would not come out on a home visit to a severly distressed dieing dog yesterday. The only firm that would come out on a home visit and did seem to have the best interests of my dog at heart were Mearlys.
Old 18-12-2006, 09:50   #7
Resident Waffler

Oh Tinks so sorry to hear about your dog. I know it's just like losing a family member and can be really upsetting. It must have been really frustrating for you that the vet woudn't come.

Old 18-12-2006, 10:23   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I had to have my 16 year old Staffi Ben put to sleep yesterday, not good at all. Stilll feel like I've lost one of the family today.

When he had his accident we used Myerscough on Union Rd they were ok but would not come out on a home visit to a severly distressed dieing dog yesterday. The only firm that would come out on a home visit and did seem to have the best interests of my dog at heart were Mearlys.
Very sad news, poor love hasnt been very well recently. Will definately say Mearleys on whalley rd, even vet on call even if its not an emergency will give phone advice at any point during the night to ease concern & wellbeing of your pet - cannot fault them at all.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 11:07   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

Sorry to hear about you loss. I understand how upseting this can be.

Myerscough have given me advie over the phone out of hours.

I was with Mearleys, but they caused me to loose my old dog due to anestetic, and I feel you always get seen by someone different and they have a lot of trainees. But they did do a good job on spaying my Bitch.

Suppose its more what conveniant for you.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 11:15   #10
God Member

Absolutely devastated Willow

He'd started to slow down with his age and I knew he wasn't going to last forever .... but one minute I'm sat playing on the pc in that silly butterfly thread on here while he was out in the garden doing his toilet stuff, next minute he comes in from the garden were I'd put his food down and filled his water bowl and he just fell into them. We got him up on the settee, he was so disorientated and distressed it was heart breaking to watch. Rang the different vets emergency numbers and none of them would come out they wanted us to take him all the way to Clitheroe. The vet from Mearleys was the only one who said he would come out to him. When I asked him why Ben had deteriorated so quickly he said he thought he'd probably had a stroke.
Old 18-12-2006, 11:34   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Anyone recommend a REALLY good vets in accy/ossy ???
Have you started licking you genitals again Simon?
Old 18-12-2006, 12:17   #12
Resident Waffler

Unfortunately some animals do have an adverse reaction to a general anaesthetic Mr. D. just like some people do. It's tragic when it happens. The son of some friends of ours was lucky to survive when he went for a pre-planned op and reacted to the anaesthetic. Nothing to indicate that there would be a problem prior to that.

Yes you do tend to see a different vet each time but we get a different doctor each time at Peel House so not unusual to us.

Oh Tinks it must have been so awful. I get so attached to pets and hate to see them suffer. They really are just like a member of the family. Hopefully he didn't suffer too much.

Old 18-12-2006, 12:49   #13
God Member

I must admit I get more upset when pets die than when a lot of humans go. I guess being brought up with pets you tend to get used to them as part of the family.

My thoughts go with you Tinks, I know how you are feeling at this time.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 13:26   #14
God Member

OMG wish I hadn't seen this thread now eye's are sweating again......poor Ben.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 13:57   #15
God Member

Cheers guys and sorry simon for the thread wander ...... just really going to miss him

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..