Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2007, 18:57   #31
Junior Member+

Re: home made cow heal pie

come on willow were waiting!
Old 25-01-2007, 18:58   #32
Senior Member+

****** she's done it to me again lol.
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 19:33   #33
Resting in Peace

going to get the stuff for my cow heal pie in the morning, so I will let you know how it goes: ( if I am still alive I will be there on Saturday night)

The other thing I used to have was Sad Cakes a bit like Chorley cakes I think...
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 18:10   #34
Junior Member+

sad cake a lot different to chorley cake as main flavours are nuts and coconut

(called a sad cake cos it rises and then falls leaving it a little sad looking)
Old 28-01-2007, 13:26   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
going to get the stuff for my cow heal pie in the morning, so I will let you know how it goes: ( if I am still alive I will be there on Saturday night)

The other thing I used to have was Sad Cakes a bit like Chorley cakes I think...
I liked your explaination on how bad the cow heal pie turned out at the meet magpie

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 15:42   #36
Resting in Peace

hm not very good... however I will try again ( I have a few more gaps to fill in the hallway)

then again I could always try a CRAB-PIE hm yum yum I will have a think on that any ideas :-) ...

Last edited by magpie; 28-01-2007 at 15:44. Reason: forgot to add
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2007, 16:44   #37
God Member

Amazing how talk of food brings back the memories ... Oxtail soup, ham shank and peas, and steak and kidney pudding UBI SUNT!! Food is part ... and a very important part ... of any culture. The strongest sub-cultures in Canada are the ones that have "ethnic" foods: the Quebecois ,the Newfies with seal flipper pie (Don't try it, it's an aquired taste). Can't get black puddings, but there is Bloudin, a sort of Black Pudding from Quebec.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:06   #38

Maybe all of you should start to learn the English language & how to spell, before you try dangerous things like cooking with knives and flames?

or, try this, you might understand it better ...

maibe awll of u shud start to lurn the english langwage & how to spell,b4 u tri dangerouse things liyk cooking with knifes and flayms?

oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:17   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post
Maybe all of you should start to learn the English language & how to spell, before you try dangerous things like cooking with knives and flames?

maibe awll of u shud start to lurn the english langwage & how to spell,b4 u tri dangerouse things liyk cooking with knifes and flayms?

maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself and think about what the point of your post is before you come on a forum and insult people

also, please dont drag up old dead posts

and if you havent got anything nice to say, dont bother

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:19   #40
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post

Well, I'm not being funny, but to say you only have one post to your name, you aren't going to endear yourself to anyone if you come on here and the first thing you do is criticise the spelling.

And all of us should learn the English Language??
I would respectfully suggest that you need to learn some manners.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:20   #41
Senior Member+

i might get paul to take me to burnley, this threads made me want boiled black pudding!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 07-10-2011, 10:50   #42
Senior Member+

This is a thread that is almost without precedent - It contains the word 'pie' and is posted by a ---pie. However, it is made from a cow's hEEl. - another mis-spelling!!!
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
This is a thread that is almost without precedent - It contains the word 'pie' and is posted by a ---pie. However, it is made from a cow's hEEl. - another mis-spelling!!!
Didn't realise it actually existed -thought it was just something Desperate Dan used to eat...!
Lovely article in a magazine I get about using all the bits of animals that usually get thrown away. Accy, of course, is famous for the tripe stalls on the market. I saw it on Rick Stein's Food Hero's so it must be true -'fraid they wouldn't do much trade if they had to rely on me!

Just been down to get mag., had to share the following recipe:
MISSISSIPPI CRUSTED PIG'S EARS
First singe off any hairs - then wash thoroughly in warm water -BEWARE pig's suffer from ear-wax (eugh!)
Simmer for 2 and a half hours before pressing for a further 2 hours.
Coat in mustard, molten butter and breadcrumbs and roast in the oven until brown and crispy. (About 20 mins)
Apparently they taste somewhere between bacon and pork and have both a silky and crisp texture.
Anyone fancy trying them ....I had an omelette for lunch -much easier to make!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:06   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Didn't realise it actually existed -thought it was just something Desperate Dan used to eat...!
Lovely article in a magazine I get about using all the bits of animals that usually get thrown away. Accy, of course, is famous for the tripe stalls on the market. I saw it on Rick Stein's Food Hero's so it must be true -'fraid they wouldn't do much trade if they had to rely on me!

Just been down to get mag., had to share the following recipe:
MISSISSIPPI CRUSTED PIG'S EARS
First singe off any hairs - then wash thoroughly in warm water -BEWARE pig's suffer from ear-wax (eugh!)
Simmer for 2 and a half hours before pressing for a further 2 hours.
Coat in mustard, molten butter and breadcrumbs and roast in the oven until brown and crispy. (About 20 mins)
Apparently they taste somewhere between bacon and pork and have both a silky and crisp texture.
Anyone fancy trying them ....I had an omelette for lunch -much easier to make!

as delicious as that sounds i think i'll pass....

Old 07-10-2011, 12:24   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
as delicious as that sounds i think i'll pass....
OK -failing that you could always look up the following cookbook in Accy library -as recommended in the Magazine article:
"Testicles: Balls in Cooking and Culture" by Blandine Vié - a curious Gallic combination of philosophy, history and humour that aims to "honour them and rehabilitate them into their rightful place at table".

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..