Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2010, 10:23   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Eczema Psoriasis etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Very true.

So I would like to stress that although this remedy worked for me, I'm not suggesting that anyone should buy it, and treat themselves.

As Margaret said, I was only given it after a consultation, and that homeopathy treats the whole person, not just a particular complaint.

That said, I'm very happy with the results, after months of wanting to scratch my feet until they bled.

I am glad you got relief from the prescribed remedy Gary. It goes to show that homeopathy does work when it is properly prescribed after a thorough history being taken.

Lots of people will try to treat themselves with homeopathic remedies...thinking of them in the way they think of conventional medicine,(and be disappointed when they fail to get the results the expect) but the concept of homeopathy is entirely different.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2010, 12:00   #32
God Member

Coal tar and Betnovate mixed is still available, we are just not allowed to mix it ourselves anymore, we have it made at Royal Preston hospital pharmacy (I think anyway) its a while since I've had anything to do with purchasing and I think they'd sell it to community pharmacies they would have to open an account with them, hope this helps x
Old 19-08-2010, 18:07   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Coal tar and Betnovate mixed is still available, we are just not allowed to mix it ourselves anymore, we have it made at Royal Preston hospital pharmacy (I think anyway) its a while since I've had anything to do with purchasing and I think they'd sell it to community pharmacies they would have to open an account with them, hope this helps x
That surprises me grego, I know it must be ten years ago when I was unable to obtain it from my Pharmacist, I have been given dermovate, diprobase and aqueous cream, which ha virtually cleared it up
Old 20-08-2010, 19:35   #34
God Member

Its still used a lot in the derm clinics at the hospital, we always used to mix it ourselves but that had to stop about 3 yrs ago or so, anyway it is still available if you ever get it prescribed and struggle to get it let me know and I'll get you contact numbers to hand to your community pharmacy, hopefully what your using is working and you wont need to resort to it but if you do let me know.
Old 21-08-2010, 09:06   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Its still used a lot in the derm clinics at the hospital, we always used to mix it ourselves but that had to stop about 3 yrs ago or so, anyway it is still available if you ever get it prescribed and struggle to get it let me know and I'll get you contact numbers to hand to your community pharmacy, hopefully what your using is working and you wont need to resort to it but if you do let me know.
Cheers grego
Old 16-01-2011, 14:26   #36
God Member

I have had a patch of dry scaly skin on my left elbow for three years.
Whatever I have used on it has controlled it but not cured it.

Today I was alarmed to find it hurt! I needed to get a hand mirror out to look at it, and there was an area of swollen redness around a small white blob (pustule). I have smothered it with Lion ointment and a large dressing and it feels more comfortable. When this elbow problem first arose the doc gave me an antibiotic cream which did nothing. I did not go back to him because I knew that the next thing he would offer would be either steroid cream or oral antibiotics or both.

Two hours of websearching looking at gory photos got me a diagnosis - pustular psoriasis.
This is described as a serious condition which alarmed me at first, until I realised that one tiddly little pustule is described as 'mild'.

This prompted me to find some sort of treatment to get rid of the problem once and for all.(more websearching for more hours)
I have ordered a herbal remedy from USA - Dermasolve.
DermaSolve Review – Does DermaSolve Work? | Tips for Health
"The main ingredients of DermaSolve include salicylic acid and nutrients found in eggs. They help to exfoliate the dead and dry cells and rebuild them. Other effective ingredients are aloe vera, vitamin A, C and E, and sweet almond oil."

I will report back with results.

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-01-2011 at 14:28.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 18:32   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

They help to exfoliate the dead and dry cells and rebuild them. Other effective ingredients are aloe vera, vitamin A, C and E, and sweet almond oil."
[/I]
I will report back with results.
Surely you mean REPLACE the dead cells?
No power on this earth can rebuild what is already dead, can it?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 11:34   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
chemist informed me that it was literally impossible to obtain coal tar anymore as no one was making it
This is due to years of Tory misrule. They shut all the pits and you can't get the correct type of coal any longer.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 17-01-2011 at 11:37.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 11:41   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
This is due to years of Tory misrule. They shut all the pits and you can't get the correct type of coal any longer.
... it's a natural product that cannot be patented, so the pharmacutical companies can't make profits from it's use.
The medical schools are under the grip of the pharma companies, so docs are only taught the 'drug dispensing' way to treat people.

Old 11-02-2011, 21:32   #40
God Member

PS to my post #36...... it has worked
The main ingredient is shown to be salicylic acid, which has the same effect as a mild skin peel.

Salicylic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -
As with other beta hydroxy acids, salicylic acid is a key ingredient in many skin-care products for the treatment of acne, psoriasis, calluses, corns, keratosis pilaris, and wart It works as both a keratolytic and comedolytic agent by causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth. Because of its effect on skin cells, salicylic acid is used in several shampoos used to treat dandruff.

I will now try it out on wrinkles At £33 a jar it ought to work

Old 12-02-2011, 09:12   #41
Resting in Peace

Actually, Margaret, sounds very much like the Lassar's Paste I used to buy (MargaretP has mentioned it earlier), it was extremely cheap and they used to get it out of a bigger jar and put it in a little jar for you.

Unfortunately, can't get it now. It had the main ingredient as Salicylic Acid and some zinc (I think). Was great for chapped lips and those little patches of dry skin you get on your chin in Winter. It was very thick and would go bed with these white 'minstrel' type lips .. but in the morning you could gently roll away the excess skin to leave it smooth underneath. It was great stuff.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Actually, Margaret, sounds very much like the Lassar's Paste I used to buy (Margaret has mentioned it earlier), it was extremely cheap and they used to get it out of a bigger jar and put it in a little jar for you.

Unfortunately, can't get it now. It had the main ingredient as Salicylic Acid and some zinc (I think). Was great for chapped lips and those little patches of dry skin you get on your chin in Winter. It was very thick and would go bed with these white 'minstrel' type lips .. but in the morning you could gently roll away the excess skin to leave it smooth underneath. It was great stuff.
Bloody hell Kate thats sounds like a recipe to calm any red blooded males dander well at bed time anyway
Old 12-02-2011, 10:32   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Bloody hell Kate thats sounds like a recipe to calm any red blooded males dander well at bed time anyway
Heehee, Jaysay ... not a pretty site. Best contraception method I ever came across.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:39   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Heehee, Jaysay ... not a pretty site. Best contraception method I ever came across.
Ya don't say
Old 12-02-2011, 16:01   #45

Jaysay, did you not have any luck with Oregon Grape root cream, I still use it and am still psoriasis free.
jb

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..