Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 09:54   #46
I am Banned

Re: Pet Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Some animals are less affectionate than others.
....just like humans
hit the nail on the head i think margaret
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2012, 17:19   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
how could i NOT get attached to THIS??

she's just been spayed by the way, hence why she's got a collar on

shoulda changed your username from flasy tart to flashy bogseat

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 18:15   #48
God Member

haha you're the second one on here to say that
Old 08-05-2012, 18:05   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
haha you're the second one on here to say that

i used to have one of those mahogony wooden toilet seats but i got rid of it because it just looks like you are framing your turds

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:24   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
PET OWNERS. Always maintain a frosty relationship with your pet to avoid being sad when it dies. (thanks to @mrneilforsyth)
If only it was that easy, having had my 9yr old dog in the vets recently for an x-ray for a suspected tumour (all clear we think), its hard to not get emotional, upset.

Its like a family member being ill.
Old 09-05-2012, 20:30   #51
Senior Member+

yes. "if only" i feel that too.

our(family) last dog that we had, started walking in circles constantly (not like a dog chasing its tail) turned out he had a stroke. Medicine stopped him from doing it and he actually got a couple years extra out of his life. Vet told us that he had lived a bit longer for a dog of his type. When we got the dog he had been mistreated very badly and it took us years to get him back into a normal life. He never did fully recover. He used to hide 70% of the time behind my 'dads chair' in the corner of the room.

Vet told us that he must have been kicked hard as he had broken ribs that had set wrong. Not sure what kind of dog he was. Looked a lot like the dog from the dulux adverts.
Old 09-05-2012, 20:56   #52
Senior Member+

We are on holiday for a week in the Trossachs in Aberfoyle. Yesterday we went for a walk on the river bank. Max was walking in front and we stopped to talk to some people walking. When we looked around there was no sign of Max. We whistled and shouted . He always comes back, but this time he was nowhere to be seen. We heard a high pitched dog cry and then it went quiet , my wife panicked thinking something had happened to Max. We searched up and down the river bank . I heard another cry, I found him, he had slipped down a steep bank and could not get back. By this time my wife was in tears fearing the worst.I led down , grabbed his collar, pulled him up, he shook himself and was none the worse for his ordeal. This just goes to show that we do get attached to our pets.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 14:40   #53
Senior Member+

Max, you're lucky having a Border Collie- the best dog/friend you can get. They are officially the most intelligent dog there is and I would have another in an instant but my wife thinks it would be unfair at our age- they are a dog that needs to be active and occupied.
We both miss ours.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 16:00   #54
Senior Member+

He is a good dog and I am always looking for new things to keep his brain active as you know they need as much mental exercise as well as physical. He used to do agility as in my avator.
Old 11-05-2012, 17:42   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
He is a good dog and I am always looking for new things to keep his brain active as you know they need as much mental exercise as well as physical. He used to do agility as in my avator.
Is your Avatar actually your current dog?
Old 12-05-2012, 16:52   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is your Avatar actually your current dog?
Yes the one jumping through the hoop is my current dog Max taken on an agility display at Mytholmroyd. The one on my profile page is a painting by my friend Peter Sherburne who is presenting HM with a painting of a springer spaniel next week.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..