Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 10:31   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

It's the same with people who raise a few pigs or other animals on small holdings, their kids get to like them then one day they are taken away for slaughter. They end up eating them.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2012, 14:26   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It's the same with people who raise a few pigs or other animals on small holdings, their kids get to like them then one day they are taken away for slaughter. They end up eating them.
Is it? my siblings and I were brought up knowing that whatever animal no matter it's destination had to be given the most comfortable life we could afford, affection, care, yes, love as well, we were taught to give the animal in our care the best equal in a way to how we grew up, no unnecessary pain or suffering, but in the end we had also been taught where it was inevitably going to end up.

Perhaps such care and attendance made it that much more delicious?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 18:34   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Is it? my siblings and I were brought up knowing that whatever animal no matter it's destination had to be given the most comfortable life we could afford, affection, care, yes, love as well, we were taught to give the animal in our care the best equal in a way to how we grew up, no unnecessary pain or suffering, but in the end we had also been taught where it was inevitably going to end up.

Does that include your pet budgie, goldfish and hamster (following in the footsteps of Freddie Star?)

So you were brought up on a farm then? In my childhood I recall always helping wildlife - not with the ulterior motive of eating them. Or have you been watching Hugh Fearnly Whitingstall too much?
Old 21-10-2012, 20:39   #49

If we didn't eat pigs, cows and sheep they wouldn't be farmed. Where would they be then, would they be classed as vermin to be destroyed? I don't really like the thought of being a carnivore but I am, I love a nice rare steak but also I like vegetarian food, why can't we let farmers do what they do humanely? We need to realise that we are now a carniverous race and look after our livestock properly and humanely.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:11   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
If we didn't eat pigs, cows and sheep they wouldn't be farmed. Where would they be then, would they be classed as vermin to be destroyed? I don't really like the thought of being a carnivore but I am, I love a nice rare steak but also I like vegetarian food, why can't we let farmers do what they do humanely? We need to realise that we are now a carniverous race and look after our livestock properly and humanely.
No, You aren't a carnivore you are an omnivore there is a difference.

I think you will also find that farmers (on the whole) do, do what they do humanely, as do the people working in slaughter houses and the butchers all working hard to save us having to kill and clean the animals ourselves.
Old 22-10-2012, 09:06   #51
Senior Member+

Less you didn't answer my question? did you and your family eat hamsters, budgies and goldfish when you'd looked after them to the stage which they would be fat and tasty in the frying pan?
Old 22-10-2012, 09:17   #52

Quote:
Less you didn't answer my question? did you and your family eat hamsters, budgies and goldfish when you'd looked after them to the stage which they would be fat and tasty in the frying pan?
You're right, I didn't answer your question, How's your ninth life getting on?
Old 22-10-2012, 09:22   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:

Well in this paragraph you clearly state that animals in your care "inevitably ended up - tasting delicious! You didn't eat puppies as well did you?
Old 22-10-2012, 13:43   #54
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
You're right, I didn't answer your question, How's your ninth life getting on?

It was a stupid question not worthy of an answer.

Quote:
Well in this paragraph you clearly state that animals in your care "inevitably ended up - tasting delicious! You didn't eat puppies as well did you?
Another stupid question not worthy of an answer.

I hope you're not trying to cause trouble by trying to take the thread off topic!
Old 22-10-2012, 14:01   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:

Sorry but he has clearly stated this which indicates any animal was eaten in his family? I am simply asking him to clarify this point which may be misleading. That is fact. It's in black and white. So the question is not stupid!

I had pets which were safe from being eaten. Not every animal entering a house is eaten. that is the point made here.
Old 22-10-2012, 15:19   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Sorry but he has clearly stated this which indicates any animal was eaten in his family? I am simply asking him to clarify this point which may be misleading. That is fact. It's in black and white. So the question is not stupid!

I had pets which were safe from being eaten. Not every animal entering a house is eaten. that is the point made here.
I think you are trolling just to wind members up, please stop it.
Old 22-10-2012, 21:51   #57
God Member

Rabbit used to be a decent source of meat you got for free..back in the day when I was single me and a couple of mates would go out before dawn on Sunday rabbiting with a good dog and a ferret...sometimes we got lucky and bagged a few...other times we got nowt so it was a toss up between buying meat for Sunday roast or an afternoon down the pub...needless to say I went hungry quite a few Sundays.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 15:15   #58
God Member

Reading this reminded me that it is time to stock up on venison. By the merest chance it is hunting season.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..