Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 19:22   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Handcream

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
just ordered some thankyou Marg, cost me over £6 for 'normal' delivery...robbing gets lol
That is a bit steep. I normally don't pay.....but I know they have changed the rules on what you can get free delivery on.
I hope it does the trick for you Shaz......if it does, it will be worth it.
flashy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2014, 21:16   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
just ordered some thankyou Marg, cost me over £6 for 'normal' delivery...robbing gets lol
A bit late now as you have ordered it, however next time, it is free delivery over £10, so if you order two and choose the free delivery option it will cost £16.58p, that means that you get two for only a couple of pounds more than one plus delivery.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 00:37   #18
God Member

thanx for that Dave, the cream came today and so far tonight (at work) my hands havent been stinging
Old 15-05-2014, 07:13   #19
Beacon of light

use it regularly Shaz and your hands will be as soft as a baby's bum.
Old 15-05-2014, 07:21   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Do they not supply after work cream at work? It should be as much a part of your work supplied skin care program as the cleaning stuff they supply. In industry we have pre work cream, a couple of hand wash stuff and after work cream in all the wash rooms. I guess pre work cream is a no no with patients but I am surprised after work isn't supplied. My hands get a mess at times with all the washing with harsh abrasive cleaners and the oil/grease/solvents and have found some Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Concentrated Hand Cream stuff to be good. It looks expensive because it's a small tube but you don't need much but it's good and I have tried a few. My problem is remembering to use it
Old 15-05-2014, 07:46   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
thanx for that Dave, the cream came today and so far tonight (at work) my hands havent been stinging
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
use it regularly Shaz and your hands will be as soft as a baby's bum.
I too have ordered this product, I went for the two option, but choosing the free delivery option puts a couple of days on the product arriving, but as soon as it arrives my udders will be getting a coating.

I will be keeping an eye on my bum to see if this product can indeed reverse time.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:12   #22
God Member

Neil, they dont provide us with after work stuff, i dont mean to state the obvious but would i really be in need of paying what i paid for this nice handcream if the NHS provided it for their staff? :-)

Dave, i applied it to my hands that many times last night, i hope it works....one minute i had handcream on, next i was washing it off to deal with a patient, then back on again afterwards
davemac likes this.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:16   #23

Perhaps have a word with the union reps and get them to provide it then, after all its towards your health - if you are unable to use your hands because of all the processes you have to endure then you'll be off work etc.

BTW - did you notice the cow cream has urea (wee) in it
Are the NHS OK with you using cow wee on your hands before you see another patient?

Nivea has been tested and proven to be much better than expensive creams (saw it on a tv show).
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 12:17   #24
Beacon of light

I have used the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula......it didn't do for me at all.
It was greasy and made my hands very itchy.

Dave I didn't say that this cream would reverse the effects of time, on your BTM...anyway...I thought it was for your hands?

I have to admit that I use the Udderly smooth cream all over when I have a shower......well, all over the places I can actually reach.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:22   #25
Beacon of light

Urea has healing properties and is many products aimed at healing cracked heels.
Why do you think service men were advised to pee on their feet when they had blisters......and why did grandma suggest putting wee on chilblains to make them better??
Well, because of the urea in the wee.

While this cream may look expensive, it really isn't because you need only a very small amount.

Nivea does not do for my skin either......I can use Dove cream for a short while(and Dove is one of the few hand creams that is recommended by dermatologists)...but then I have to change to something else or it stops working.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:42   #26
God Member

Nivea is useless for work, it reacts with the handgel we use, putting it on after using handgel it just leavea a sticky mess on your hands
Old 15-05-2014, 13:25   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have used the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula......it didn't do for me at all.
It was greasy and made my hands very itchy.

Dave I didn't say that this cream would reverse the effects of time, on your BTM...anyway...I thought it was for your hands?

I have to admit that I use the Udderly smooth cream all over when I have a shower......well, all over the places I can actually reach.
No, its not for my hands, and when the cream arrives I will be posting pictures on the "today" thread with the before, during, and after shots. Does it work for very wrinkly things ?
Old 15-05-2014, 13:40   #28
Beacon of light

No.....it isn't a wrinkle remover cream Dave.
Just something that soothes very dry, sore skin.
And that works for me.
If you want something to eradicate your wrinkles, then Boots have brought out a new serum which is supposed to work.
I have earned my wrinkles and I'm keeping them
davemac likes this.
Old 15-05-2014, 16:13   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
No.....it isn't a wrinkle remover cream Dave.
Just something that soothes very dry, sore skin.
And that works for me.
If you want something to eradicate your wrinkles, then Boots have brought out a new serum which is supposed to work.
I have earned my wrinkles and I'm keeping them
I was just thinking of giving the wife a couple of coats that's all, I'm not buying her anything from Boots.
Old 15-05-2014, 16:24   #30
Beacon of light

well good luck with that one Dave.

(Nurse he's out of bed again...and on the prowl!)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..