Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2022, 09:40   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: hello

iknew DAVE and NEIL PICKUP dave used to come on here went accy tech and neil was in my class at the tech NEIL will be 73 and dave 74
Old 16-11-2022, 16:01   #17

The Pickups that my wife's family originated from are buried in Latham Cemetery on the outskirts of Blackpool and it has been suggested that they came from "travelers" stock who first initiated what is now Blackpool pleasure Beach. My wife's, Uncle "Joshua" was killed by an Israeli terrorist landmine in 1947, his family have lived in the Springhill area of Accrington since the early 1900s. I hope that this helps, Regards, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 17:40   #18
Junior Member+

I know this is an ancient thread, but.

There was a Pickup family lived near me on Primrose Street. I used to play with the lad when I was little, I cannot for the life of me remember his name now. John maybe? He'll be early to mid 50s now I'd guess.

There is, of course, a Pickup Street in Accy. How related that is to anything I do not know.
Michy likes this.
UKCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:33   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i knew a DAVE PICKUP who had a brother called NEIL we were at the same school accy tech up union rd oswaldtwistle, it may be them neil was in my class dave in class above.no idea were they lived. i think it was up that way
Old 13-08-2023, 20:23   #20
Full Member+

There still is a John Pickup living in Primrose Street many years ago he was a Labour councillor then he put up as an Independant but didn't get in again. He was into caravaning but don't know if he still is.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2023, 20:43   #21
Junior Member+

No way. Does the age tie up?
UKCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 18:32   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
There still is a John Pickup living in Primrose Street many years ago he was a Labour councillor then he put up as an Independant but didn't get in again. He was into caravaning but don't know if he still is.
had he a couple of DAVE AND NEIL they lived yon where at school with them lads.

Last edited by cashman; 04-03-2024 at 18:35.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 19:08   #23
Junior Member+

Hello and Welcome the only Pickup I knew was from Burnley He was a engine cleaner at Rose Grove engine shed in the early 60s
HOTPOT47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..