Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2018, 16:58   #1

Hi my name is John Griffiths. I have joined the group in the hope that someone can help me. My mother and her twin sister were born in Oswaldtwistle in 1923, unfortunately I have very little information about their birth as they were illegitimate and were told a lot of tall stories about their parents. I do know that their mother was Annie Elizabeth Munns nee Walker who married Joseph Munns 25/12/1910 at St Josephs, Church Kirk. Annie was a widow when they were born and died herself in June 1925. I believe they had at least one brother John Thomas Munns. They were brought up in Blackburn by two spinster sisters also named Walker. they were told that they were not related to the sisters but I find that hard to believe. If anybody has any information or can suggest a way forward I would be very grateful.

many thanks John
john griffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2018, 12:02   #2

Re: new member

Lancashire BMD shows a birth registered for John Thomas Munns, (mothers maiden name Walker) in 1911 in Oswaldtwistle.
Good luck with your research
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 12:13   #3

Bit more from Lancashire BMD. Births registered from the Oswaldtwistle area with mothers maiden name Walker as follows- Edith 1913, Frederick 1919, Catherine 1923, Doris Silcock 1923

Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45   #4

John, re your query regarding your mother and her twin sister (who I assume were Catherine and Doris), Annie Elizabeth did have at least one sister who I can't find a marriage for and that was Martha Alice who was born in 1892 at Oswaldtwistle. (This is relating to an Annie Elizabeth who was born in 1888, hope it's the right one). If my information is correct then maybe she was one of the people who brought the twins up. Sorry I can't help further re your mother.

However, if you want any information going back two or three generations I have found a couple of things out, but you may already have this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 17:01   #5

Hi John, with what information you have if you contact the Accrington Cemeteries and Crematorium Officer who is based in an office in Burnley Road Cemetery they may have a grave for you which may yield some more info.

Welcome to the web and good luck with your search.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..