Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2019, 18:33   #1

Hello Accrington

Hello Accrington, my Name is Frank Toner, I went to St.Annes junior school in Cobham Road. I then moved to Accrington Sec.Tech. School in Ossy In the first year we were at Moor End School after the merger with Rhyddings I went to that branch. Being one of Mr.Popes rednecks I was then moved to Holy Family at Fern Gore. I Finished up at Guests College in Blackburn. I used to frequent several of the town centre pubs, the Con.Club and the !Arcs Ballroom (a misnomer if ever there was) Does anyone remember me?
Donnaliz likes this.
Frank T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2019, 00:14   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hello Accrington

Hello Frank and welcome. I also went to St Annes and then the Tech but left in 1960 so a little ahead of you, also went to the the Arc's, Empire and occasionally the Con. Just got back from Alaska hence the delay, now live in B.C. Bryan.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 09:40   #3

Hello Bryan, we may have seen each other at some time long, long ago. You now live in a beautiful part of the world (my favourite is Lake Louise). Have visited a couple of times when visiting our son in Swift Current, Sask. Nice to know Accy is spreading. Keep well and nice to hear from you.
Old 27-09-2019, 13:32   #4
Beacon of light

Hello Frank, welcome to the forum...happy posting.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 10:58   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Welcome Frank,i mentioned you to kenny B, but his memorys as bad as mine.
Old 28-09-2019, 11:54   #6

Thanks Margaret, it`s been a long time since I was in C le M. I went into a pub The Lamb? on the main road and saw a girl I hadn`t seen since junior school Margaret Mary Sheerhan, I also used to know a girl called Kathleen near to the Forts pub? Memories eh?
Old 28-09-2019, 11:59   #7

Thanks Cashman, does he remember any of the old crowd from the Derby?
Old 28-09-2019, 12:57   #8
Beacon of light

The Lamb is long gone now.....all turned into cottages.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 18:31   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank T View Post
he remembers me but very few forget lol and coxy, and a mate i go up stanley with.
Old 02-11-2021, 14:44   #10

Hi Cashy sorry for long delay in replying. In your last message you mentioned people who frequented the Derby you mentioned Kathleen Jackson, was/is she married to Brian Jackson? was her maiden name Quinn?. Best wishes Frank.
Old 02-11-2021, 15:20   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
dunno but i do florry, vito, isacc , brian abbot, know more but cant think at moment. used to go in the blues room at the back end also.by the way i went to the tech also.
Old 02-11-2021, 15:30   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Hi Cashy sorry for long delay in replying. In your last message you mentioned people who frequented the Derby you mentioned Kathleen Jackson, was/is she married to Brian Jackson? was her maiden name Quinn?. Best wishes Frank.
just seen this Kathleen Jackson lived virtually across from my backdoor she didnt wed brian jackson who i still see his older brother and me were great mates kath lives oer fylde coast way somewhere now.
Old 02-11-2021, 18:32   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Brian by the way wed a lass called Margaret think around 1970? and still is today.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:37   #14

Thanks for the info Cashy, take care.
cashman likes this.
Old 10-02-2022, 14:57   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Thanks for the info Cashy, take care.
Kathleen was called Kathleen Jackson by the way her back gate faced mine virtually she lived on Burnley Rd. i still speak to her occasionally on another forum.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..