Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2006, 23:27   #106

re: Rhyddings High School??

Left Two years ago Barry Burke was the Head there... i left as they changed it to the Buisness and Enterprise School..... didnt get the chance to wear a blazer as the year i started was the year the introduced the Jumpers....
Old 11-10-2006, 09:54   #107

Hi all,
Went to rhyddings 1980 - 1986.
The teachers were, Mr Thomson (red faced PE teacher), Ohharrgreaves maths teacher and houghton weaver, captain krem (nice pants), Dopey Roper, Mr snow, Mr Howarth, Slap head Parr, Paddy effernan, Miss Gordon (every schoolboys dream).
There was a mad woodwork teacher who threw lumps of wood about, what was he called, also what was the PE teacher called that died at the sport centre?
Willy Knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:50   #108
God Member

the only pe teachers i recall were townsend and halliwell.. both pretty frightening but mrs halliwell did have a softside where as townsend were a hard nut to crack
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:09   #109
Senior Member+

That must have been Cunningham
Old 18-10-2006, 18:12   #110
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
the only pe teachers i recall were townsend and halliwell.. both pretty frightening but mrs halliwell did have a softside where as townsend were a hard nut to crack
laurel and hardy them too
Old 25-10-2006, 00:55   #111

I went to Rhyddings 83-88, Miss Moore was the head & took our history class, dropped that subject as soon as I could. Can remember Mrs Ware & Mr Furley (the perv) from English, Mr Walkden & Duffy for Maths, Mr Chapples for French/German, Mr Hunt for RE (now locked up for fiddling with boys), Mrs Fogg/Cottam as form teacher & Home Ec was a prison officer & now working for social services getting teenage girls back to school after having sprogs. Mr Haworth for Human Biology, (& his brother was one of my teachers at Hippings). Mrs Townsend for PE (drove round in her car while we were getting corned beef legs in cross country!). Mrs Atkinson for commerce, Mr Downs for chemistry (v. bad BO!) 2 nervous breakdowns - Mr Best (Physics) & Mrs Foster (Home Ec)
My son now goes there, I was so surprised at how much it's changed - we used to have 1 room with a few basic computers in it and were never allowed in it, now there's at least one in every room and dedicated computer suites. No black boards anywhere (can we still say black boards as they are now white boards?!) Don't think there's many teachers left from my day, think Mrs Tipper is still there - she used to grab hold of us naughty girls who dared to wear earrings & make-up! Still found my way around although most of the classes have moved about into the new buildings.
The jumpers & polos change to the opposite colours in the 5th year and have also had to buy a training suit for PE which he hasn't worn once in 14 months! They seem to think us parents have money to burn!

What a trip down memory lane, my brain obviously isn't as frazzled as I thought!
nikkival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 01:07   #112

Red face re: Rhyddings High School??

Found this picture on Friends Reunited - Class 1WR from 1983 - won't tell you which one was me!

11930793.jpg
nikkival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2006, 18:54   #113
Junior Member+

Wink re: Rhyddings High School??

yes i went to Rhyddings from 1990-1995 what good years they were now i live in Germany any old names and i will get in touch.
jonahJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 11:08   #114
Junior Member+

i was in here class as well i went 91-96
jonahJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 11:54   #115
Junior Member+

i went to rhyddings from 88-93 my worst teacher was mr mcmanus or as we used to call him (crem) for his bad breath and brown suit i hated school in fact i was hardley ever there. we where the bad year as the school discos got band cause someone turned over miss moores car what a laugh
jackrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 22:12   #116
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrovers View Post
i was hardley ever there. we where the bad year as the school discos got band
You obviously missed all the English lessons!
Old 27-11-2006, 22:16   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
laurel and hardy them too
cor not arf
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 07:56   #118
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
Found this picture on Friends Reunited - Class 1WR from 1983 - won't tell you which one was me!

Attachment 6974
I was there in 83, I would have been in the 3rd year, my form room was one of the music rooms in the east block(not the one at the front of the building)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 19:22   #119
Junior Member+

shame i would have had miss moore but she left just before i started i had mr burke aka flat face.

Les Newton was the soundest one of the lot, spot on teacher!!

Mr Duffy was the angry one of the lot, i remeber when i back chatted him and he started pushing me around the room into desks and walls then grabbing my ear and pulling me down to the head master, he had a belly and was a drunk he even had a fridge, microwave, bacon, grill in his storeroom and a bottle of water (cough vodka cough) in the desk.

Mr Craven wow the most boringestest teacher in the world he didn't even have a TV just reads books.

Mr young was a good laugh
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 21:36   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I was there in 83, I would have been in the 3rd year, my form room was one of the music rooms in the east block(not the one at the front of the building)
you must have been in the same yr as my uncle he left in 83
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..