Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2007, 21:31   #166
Senior Member+

re: Rhyddings High School??

did anyone here leave in 1975-76 this was the year my mum and dad left
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2007, 22:00   #167

I was at Rhyddings from 1971-1976

Stuart Westall
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 21:15   #168

I Was At Rhyddings From 1982-1987
Now My Son Goes In His Last Year Ther Are Some Teachers Like Mr Ashworth
baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 03:26   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloko View Post
I was at Rhyddings from 1971-1976

Stuart Westall
Yep, me too. I'm living in the States now. How you doin' Westie.

Mick Holderness
Smiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 21:05   #170

Hi rex29

I'm the granddaughter of your old geography teacher, Alan Gibson, who sadly died in 1977. I'm not sure if he was still teaching at the time that he died? I am also of course the great-granddaughter of his father, Richard Gibson, the first head teacher of Rhyddings. Can you give me any more information about them ? I'd love to get any information at all from anyone that knew them.

Thanks
samvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 21:08   #171

Does anyone have any personal memories or information about Alan Gibson- geography teacher at Rhyddings High School in the 70s and his father Richard Gibson who was the first head teacher of Rhyddings when it opened in 1932? They were my grandfather and great-grandfather and I'd love to find out more about them.
Old 24-09-2007, 21:14   #172

Alan Gibson was my grandad and of course Richard Gibson was my great-grandad. Sadly Alan Gibson died in 1977 the year I was born but by all accounts he was a very well liked man. Can you give me more information about him?
Old 24-09-2007, 21:54   #173
Senior Member+

Hello sam-vic. I was at Rhyddings until 1967 but based at the Technical School in Union Road. We did have a geography teacher called Mr Gibson but that is all I can tell you, I'm afraid. I hope you get some more information from the rest of the Accywebbers xx

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 17:28   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
Hello sam-vic. I was at Rhyddings until 1967 but based at the Technical School in Union Road. We did have a geography teacher called Mr Gibson but that is all I can tell you, I'm afraid. I hope you get some more information from the rest of the Accywebbers xx

Thanks June - you don't happen to know my dad John Gibson or his siblings Robert, Jennifer, Carol or Kevin do you? They all went to Rhyddings I think.

Sam x
Old 26-09-2007, 21:29   #175
Junior Member+

hi folks

just wounding if you have any good tails about Mr Richard Gibson are his son Alan Gibson. Alan Gibson is my Grandad & he died when i was at junior school. we was never told much about Alan so i hope you can help.

Cheers John Gibson
sameday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 00:56   #176

1999-04 i was there.
Old 01-03-2008, 22:22   #177

i went to rhyddings high; 1983-84; miss moore was the head ; i remember mr clapham maths teacter; mr roper; miss sutton ; mr grimes; mr ainsworth; my name then was catherine wood;
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 19:23   #178
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
i went to rhyddings high; 1983-84; miss moore was the head ; i remember mr clapham maths teacter; mr roper; miss sutton ; mr grimes; mr ainsworth; my name then was catherine wood;
I remember all them teachers too, ya name rings a bell too
Old 07-03-2008, 19:43   #179
Senior Member+

My brother went to rhyddings, he's 34 / 35 now so dont know what years he was there (thats too much for my brain to work out at the mo) but dont know anything about anyone there coz I didnt go there - do know a few of his mates from school though

Im no help lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 17:15   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ok whos from rhyddings county high school, and i dont mean Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School, as it is now called!!! i mean when miss moore was the head!, and blazers were the fashion. c,mon dont be shy......
I was there when Miss Moore was there from 1988 till 1992 !! i luved it lol any one remember Mr Szpack History teacher ???
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..