Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2012, 08:06   #286
Resting in Peace

Re: holy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Jaysay, do you know anything about his son David, where he moved to?
As far as I know Bagpuss Bob only had one Son and he was called Martyn, I worked with him at Lancashire Barfitters, he was a sparks, he later went into business on his own, haven't heard anything about him for years although I suspect he's still lives somewhere in this area
Old 20-08-2012, 18:44   #287
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
As far as I know Bagpuss Bob only had one Son and he was called Martyn, I worked with him at Lancashire Barfitters, he was a sparks, he later went into business on his own, haven't heard anything about him for years although I suspect he's still lives somewhere in this area
A mate, who I work with at Lancashire Barfitters is over on holiday from Cyprus and he called to see me, he saw Martyn Almond only last week in Accy, he lives in New Lane ossy
Old 21-08-2012, 12:43   #288
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
When I went to St Marys there was a lad called David in my class who was Bobs son, I know that because I went to his Birthday parties on New Lane. Maybe this Martyn is David, I know other people who go by their second name.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 13:56   #289

Bob Almonds grandaughter is married to my son.Her father is Martin Almond.They are away on holiday till next week,when they get back I will ask her if she has an Uncle David
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 16:54   #290
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Bob Almonds grandaughter is married to my son.Her father is Martin Almond.They are away on holiday till next week,when they get back I will ask her if she has an Uncle David
Thanks Dave, I've just had a look on Google maps and the house I went to as a young lad was 200 New Lane, just further up than the church and the White Bull.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 21-08-2012, 17:40   #291
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When I went to St Marys there was a lad called David in my class who was Bobs son, I know that because I went to his Birthday parties on New Lane. Maybe this Martyn is David, I know other people who go by their second name.
How old is this David Bagpuss?
Old 21-08-2012, 17:42   #292
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thanks Dave, I've just had a look on Google maps and the house I went to as a young lad was 200 New Lane, just further up than the church and the White Bull.
Bob actually used to lived on Sunnyback at the top of new lane, He used to go in the Bull quite regularly
Old 21-08-2012, 20:47   #293
Accy Red

Quote:
Bob actually used to lived on Sunnyback at the top of new lane, He used to go in the Bull quite regularly
Oh I don't know anymore lol , Sunnybank is very near to where I thought I used to go, it was a long time ago, David will be 48 now I think.

Old 22-08-2012, 08:56   #294
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh I don't know anymore lol , Sunnybank is very near to where I thought I used to go, it was a long time ago, David will be 48 now I think.
The guy I'm on about, who is Bob Almonds son, is older than that, he's a bit younger than me, but not 18 years, ten at the very most
Old 23-08-2012, 21:47   #295
Accy Red

Thank you Big Dave for your PM, I was begining to doubt my own memories.

Old 13-09-2012, 22:43   #296
Accy Red

Big Dave did you manage to find anything out?

Old 16-02-2013, 00:36   #297
dts
Junior Member+

wow.staggering man...i was there too..yep..71 till 76 and for the most parts good fun and no learning...been there done that with at the time,well thrashed hard...as long as are parents dident find out...lets get it over with, that was my thoughts...finished with done with...and that was it,omg i only had mulldoon once but boy was welted and the wind blown out of me...im not talking one slap on the hand here. im talking real belts on the arsse, so what we had stolen goods from a local school shop...we got caught..well lets get it over...in to cassidies office..he went and muldoon give us are punishment!
so what..to us it was well painfull, but once its done its done.no disrespect for them
waswas
dts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 09:59   #298
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
wow.staggering man...i was there too..yep..71 till 76 and for the most parts good fun and no learning...been there done that with at the time,well thrashed hard...as long as are parents dident find out...lets get it over with, that was my thoughts...finished with done with...and that was it,omg i only had mulldoon once but boy was welted and the wind blown out of me...im not talking one slap on the hand here. im talking real belts on the arsse, so what we had stolen goods from a local school shop...we got caught..well lets get it over...in to cassidies office..he went and muldoon give us are punishment!
so what..to us it was well painfull, but once its done its done.no disrespect for them
waswas
and again in English please
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 10:49   #299

Quote:
The guy I'm on about, who is Bob Almonds son, is older than that, he's a bit younger than me, but not 18 years, ten at the very most
Jaysay, about 5 years ago,we were in the Bull up New Lane and my brother introduced me to a Martin Almond. He was about 60'sh and if I remember correctly, had done quite well for himself. I thought he said that he had attended St. Mary's Blackburn. Think he lived quite near the Bull, I'll have to ask my brother. What I do remember is that he was a bit of a character!!!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 11:01   #300
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Jaysay, about 5 years ago,we were in the Bull up New Lane and my brother introduced me to a Martin Almond. He was about 60'sh and if I remember correctly, had done quite well for himself. I thought he said that he had attended St. Mary's Blackburn. Think he lived quite near the Bull, I'll have to ask my brother. What I do remember is that he was a bit of a character!!!
Ya Know Martin well Sue, his father Bob Almond was metal work teacher at Holy Family from first intake back in 59, I worked with Martin at Barfitters in the early seventies, he was an electrician. Not sure what he did when he left Lancashire Barfitters, think he originally worked for Barry and Target Barfitters, who were all ex-barfitters men, A mate of mine, who now lives in Cyprus was over on holiday before Christmas, and he popped round to see me, hadn't seen him for 30 years and he told me he'd been talking to Martin only that day, so he's still about. Think Martin will be in his late fifties he's not as old as me and I'm sure he was an apprentice at Barfitters
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schools

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..