Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 16:33   #16

Re: Found Dog Clayton Le Moors Area

Reidy you could always try Bleakholt http://www.bleakholt.org/

The animals are well cared for up there and they have many visitors every day of the year therefore finding a good home for him shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-02-2006, 17:29   #17
Len
God Member

Well that’s Harwood covered..
I called round the Late Shop this morning on my way to work but I was too early so bobbed round at lunch time and asked the staff if it was ok to put up the poster, they said it was fine as long as I put it on their notice board, so I did.

I sure that quite a lot of people will know that this dog is missing and with a bit of luck one of these people may visit the Late Shop (Gt Harwood) as many do and hopefully see the poster, that is, if the dog is from the Harwood side of the fields?

Alan Ramsbottom way and the railway terrace (Gt Harwood) are popular areas for dog walkers and if the dog had escaped it may have took it’s self on its usual rout and eventually ended up over Clayton.
Anyhow that’s my theory. Hehe
Let’s see what happens, touch wood.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:13   #18

Thanks len for the help its appreciated, i phoned the dog warden hes not had no joy of anyone phoning in for him, so we will see how it goes thanks again.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:45   #19
God Member

Have you tried phoning the local vets, Mearley's near the Arndale Centre are very good. They'll take the details of the dog, where he was found etc. and keep a record in case anyone reports a lost dog to them - might be worth a try
Old 09-03-2006, 20:13   #20

have you found the owners of the dog they are brilliant dogs i had one for 21yrs it broke my heart
Old 10-03-2006, 00:47   #21
land of hope and glory

better than living with a woman mad mal
Old 10-03-2006, 11:57   #22

i like curry.
Old 05-04-2006, 20:53   #23

well almost 2 months on and sam has become one of the family, shame we never found his owners but id miss him if he wasnt here now, i have had him newtered and chipped and he is doing really well, has put on some weigh as he was underweight and is learning new things every day, i must say i never realised how clever border collies were and how quick they pick things up.
Old 05-04-2006, 21:07   #24
Senior Member+

Its nice to hear you've kept him.

It's surprising how attached you get to them, my mum got an alsation from the RSPCA 18 months ago - its like she's always been there.

Old 06-04-2006, 14:40   #25
Beacon of light

Reidy, I am so glad you kept him......I'm sure he has a wonderful life with you.
Old 06-04-2006, 17:51   #26
Senior Member+

very glad the dogs got a happy home and glad to hear you have kept him...alls well that ends well.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:18   #27
Junior Member+

is it a big dog black and white and has 1 dark patch on his right eye white face and front legs black body white on end of tail he responds to the name bartley this family have him in accy he allways runs off let me know if its him i know were they are bartley is 5yr old and is a big strong dog send me a pm its maybe too late now just seen date let us know thanks
Old 09-10-2006, 13:28   #28
Junior Member+

my friends dog is only 18months old im sorry but the dog is not yours
Old 11-10-2006, 21:29   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelnikki
is it a big dog black and white and has 1 dark patch on his right eye white face and front legs black body white on end of tail he responds to the name bartley this family have him in accy he allways runs off let me know if its him i know were they are bartley is 5yr old and is a big strong dog send me a pm its maybe too late now just seen date let us know thanks
regardless of whether the dog did/does actually belong to the the family you may know...its no longer their dog as its now legally chipped in the name of 'reidy' and in the eyes of the law under the microchipping of dogs its a ano goer from the start..that and nearly 9 months have passed and its only now that the owners may be found...the dog would have well as being dead as far as the original owners are concerned given the time thats past...not nice to say but true...and I am glad its got a comfy, warm house to live in..
Old 11-10-2006, 23:22   #30

My dog (the dog in question) is absolutly 110% part of my family. Reidy and I love him too bits and wouldn't see a day go buy without him. Thank you for everyones concern and praise for what we have done for Sam. It is really appreciated. He is a happy healthy dog now. AND HIS VETS BILL IS PAID OFF. He he
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..