Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2003, 02:30   #1
I am Banned

Post WHITTAKER OR LIVESEYS

Looking for any of my relatives
Fur Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2003, 09:36   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: WHITTAKER OR LIVESEYS

my aunty was married to jim livesey they have three children mark who died a few years ago, diane and david. my aunty and uncle will be in there sixties now. have'nt seen them for years dont keep in touch.
Old 09-09-2003, 21:58   #3

I have a James Livesey in the family tree but he has four living children
Siddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 16:50   #4
Senior Member+

sorry, not same family.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:26   #5

Janet,

Did you have a brother called Barrie?? I went to school with him (St. Andrews)

And lived on Holland St, or that side of Blackburn Road??

If you did...then I know you and I think you would know me if you saw me.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 17:46   #6

Sorry no brother at all not even called Barrie, the only James I have in my tree would be in his 50's now and he has a son Dean, thanks anyway
Siddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 22:10   #7
Junior Member+

Re: WHITTAKER OR LIVESEYS

Hi
I have a Sarah Payne in my family history who married aPiccup Whittaker in 1873 . Had Susannah b1874, Elizabeth b 1879, Eliza b 1881d before1899, John Thomas b1883, andRobert b1888. In 181 &1891 census at 19 Marsden St in 1901 census at29 Marsden St Accy. Can u connect.
baz270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 23:25   #8
Resident Waffler

I have some Liveseys but they are Hapton/Huncoat. I had a Jim too - he emigrated to Canada and was elderly when I was a child so will no doubt have passed away.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 18:55   #9
land of hope and glory

i am married to a livesey and there are loads of them amanda,neil,and jack there are also a lot down blackburn and if you go to salmesbury hall you will see the coat of arms of the liveseys.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 15:22   #10
Resting in peace

There were Whittakers who lived in Barnes Street, Church - Frank, Annie and ?, none married. There was another brother who had two children, Francis Whittaker and, I think, Sylvia, both went to Sacred Heart School, and then on to what was then St Oswalds, later Holy Family.

Have you tried Friends Reunited?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 22:09   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

were Whittakers next door to me in 50s (Dowry St) mum Vera, dad Harry n daughter Lynn who was in same class as me at junior school, we were good friends, all sadly no longer with us. very nice family, they bought the off licence on burnley rd which used to just before the "Boars Head" that would be mid/late 60s i reckon.
Old 07-05-2008, 22:15   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they bought the off licence on burnley rd which used to just before the "Boars Head"
They got nice staff in there

Ahhhh, ya said just before, not over the road
Old 07-05-2008, 22:20   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
They got nice staff in there

Ahhhh, ya said just before, not over the road
shop is long gone.
Old 07-05-2008, 22:32   #14
I am Banned

There is a Livesey Historical Society based in America. I met the founder some 20 years back, when I gave him some ancient Livesey documents, they were on a vist over here and were staying at the Dunkenhalgh Hotel. we used to correspond regularly until sadly he died a few years ago. He made me an honourary member of their society and I still send them things on Livesey's. THey have records on all the Livesey family trees not just in America but in Lancashire as well.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12   #15

There was a Mrs Whittaker ran a corner shop at the top of either Paxton or Buxton St in the 1960's

Strangely enough Ive been thinking about that shop recently. As you walked in the hall way there was a door on the left to the shop. I have been trying to remember if there was apartition or anything to stop you getting inot the home accommodation. Usually in that street the stairs were opposite the front door but I cant remember seeing them.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..