Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2013, 17:54   #76

Re: Woodnook St Mary's

george maguire used to play the accordion really well.
Shaz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2013, 19:48   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz61 View Post
yes i remember all those names ican also add a few more jamie ogden.nigel dodd and lorraine talor.

Old 17-03-2009, 15:39 there is a pic on here.... I was yvonne harwood I think you were in my class....
Shaz61 likes this.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 22:18   #78
Senior Member+

Woodnook St Mary's

Hi, this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WoodnookStMarys1960.JPG (72.2 KB, 75 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 19:51   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Old 17-03-2009, 15:39 there is a pic on here.... I was yvonne harwood I think you were in my class....

yes i remember your name it rings a bell. Do you remember going on day trips to blackpool and york?
Old 24-08-2013, 22:28   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebee58 View Post
I didn't think Mrs Aspden had died as was mentioned on here in a earlier thread. Saw her a few years ago at the hospital in Accrington she used to live in Bentcliffe Gardens off Manchester Road, she remember me when I saw her she even knew my maiden name which is remarkable for someone of her age, and especially when you consider how many children must have passed through during all the years she taught. I can remeber her reading Enid Blyton's Faraway Children to us in English lessons. I used to go to the school from 1963-68 My name was Anne Shearon, my brother also went to the school Michael Shearon. My friends at school were Susan Bailey, Christine Hindle, Sharon Martin, Carole Holliday. anyone remember these people? I can remember the boys used to be scared of Mr Barton with his pump and if you misbehaved you got the Cane.
Oh happy days !!! it never did us any harm though.
what about yasmin hussain ring any bells.
Old 25-08-2013, 11:55   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz61 View Post
yes i remember your name it rings a bell. Do you remember going on day trips to blackpool and york?
Yes and chester zoo.... if you look back on this thread you will see the class photo...

17-03-2009, 15:39
Old 25-08-2013, 11:56   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Hi, this one?
no not that one.... the one I posted on this thread...
Old 25-08-2013, 18:50   #83

Quote:
Yes and chester zoo.... if you look back on this thread you will see the class photo...

I have seen the photo, it is me standing next to Mr Whalley. It is from 1969.
I moved to Blackburn the same year.
Do you remember Mr Whalleys wife she was Spanish, she had long dark hair and beautiful big eyes, and was alot younger than him. I have lots of good memories to share from that time, but I will take a little bit at a time
Thanks for the photo.
Old 01-09-2013, 19:32   #84

[QUOTE=Valerie Smith2;1041809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
That would be Fred Lingard, his lad Kevin went there the same time as me 63-70 also some names from the past-
Derek Power
George Maguire
Rob Clarke
Brian Ashworth
Philip Edge
Christopher Whittaker
and many more.

My husband Andrew Smith was the football teams goalkeeper and he has a photograph with all the team on it, winning the football shield.
Kevin Lingard was holding the shield in the middle and Mr.E. Barton was the teacher. We will attempt to scan the photo and add to the link if anyone wishes to see it.

Valerie Smith
]
i was there when wsm won the shield,up st georges park,the pitch had a slope in the middle. i was not that time must be 2 or 3 yrs younger than andrew give him my regards.
Old 01-09-2013, 19:42   #85

Quote:

do you remember listening stories ginger bread man,hans and gretal,3 littel pigs, jack and the beanstoke.
magpie likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 15:14   #86

hi yvonne,do you remember making xmas calenders in mrs aspens.
pollykimbos likes this.
Old 29-10-2013, 17:27   #87
Resting in Peace

yes I still have one somewhere.... in the practical room.... also the shows we did at christmas time... I used to do a play & sketches...
Old 29-10-2013, 18:47   #88

I remember once dressing up as romans if i am not mistaken.
I also remember makeing stars out of paper in mr Whalleys ,can still make them today.Great memorys of our childhood.
Old 16-12-2013, 19:30   #89

Quote:
yes I still have one somewhere.... in the practical room.... also the shows we did at christmas time... I used to do a play & sketches...
Hiya Yvonne,do you remember the sports day we used to have up at king georges? I won the egg and spoon race once,I think it was in mrs Aspens beat mick allen really made my day as he was the best at sports in our class,and the sack race but was never any good at it. regards Shaz...
Old 23-12-2013, 22:33   #90
Resting in Peace

Happy christmas Shaz yes we did have a good childhood at school :-) the best

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..