Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2007, 23:37   #1
Member.

Taylor Family – Oswaldtwistle, Rishton and Church.

Taylor Family – Oswaldtwistle, Rishton and Church.

I am looking for decedents of William and Rachel Taylor who at the time of the 1901 Censes where living at Far Holmes Cottage, Rishton. This location is just past where the Filter Beds where situated for the Oswaldtwistle UDC Sewage Works between the Church Kirk Bridge and the Weir on the canal at Rishton.

William and Rachel had four children at the time of the 1901 censes; John age 17, George age 15, Elizabeth age 11 and Thomas age 3 years. I would welcome contact from any surviving decedents of any of the family. I am the Great Grandson of Elizabeth Taylor, “later Birtwistle”.

One important point of note which may aid researchers is that the 1901 Censes wrongly states that the name of the family at Far Holmes in 1901 is given as Daylor. This is an error at the time that the Censes was taken.

There must be a number of relatives still living around Oswaldtwistle, Church and Accrington. I look forward to hearing from anyone connected with the family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Map of Far Holmes. Rishton.jpg (141.0 KB, 54 views)

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2007, 23:44   #2
God Member

Re: Taylor Family – Oswaldtwistle, Rishton and Church.

there are quite a number of taylors living in oswaldtwistle doug although i cant help you with exact whereabouts ,but im sure someone will be able to help. shame you havent any up to date names .. good luck hun..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 23:52   #3
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
there are quite a number of taylors living in oswaldtwistle doug although i cant help you with exact whereabouts ,but im sure someone will be able to help. shame you havent any up to date names .. good luck hun..
Thanks Hun, There's quite a few of them back then. I'm just hoping that some of the direct family are still in the area. Prior to 1901 I think they where on White Ash Lane. I can go back to 1819 at the moment so i thought it would be nice if I could come forward in time. Thanks for the wishes.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-03-2007, 00:01   #4
Senior Member+

I have some Taylors in my family tree. My Nana's sister's daughter married a George Taylor and had a son called Ronnie.

There could be a connection.........I'll check it out and come back to you

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 00:03   #5
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
I have some Taylors in my family tree. My Nana's sister's daughter married a George Taylor and had a son called Ronnie.

There could be a connection.........I'll check it out and come back to you
Thanks June, look forward to it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-03-2007, 00:38   #6
Senior Member+

I've had a quick look........Betsy Ellen Yates, born, 1889, in Church. Her daughter was called Nellie. She married George Taylor and the last time I saw them they lived up New Lane in Ossy. Their son, Ronnie was the same age as me and attended Rhyddings School. I think he died a few years ago. I've looked on the Lancashire BMD site but can't find a date of marriage........best I can do at the moment.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 00:58   #7
Member.

Thanks June, just had a look on the Ancestry site to see if I could find them. Looking at the dates I would think that our George would be too old to be the same one. The George in our family would have been born in 1886. Keep digging though; it’s possible that your George could be the offspring of one of the Far Holmes Taylor’s

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-03-2007, 05:46   #8
God Member

Had a George Taylor innmy family, I'll try and get a date of birth for you

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 15:14   #9
Member.

Cheer’s KSH It’s appreciated.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-03-2007, 15:18   #10
God Member

My grandmothers maiden name was Taylor, in fact my Great Grandma was Elizabeth Taylor

Oh dear just had a thought, what if we are related
Old 21-03-2007, 15:21   #11
Member.

Well I won’t be coming for Hugs and Kisses.

Give us some details Dave.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-03-2007, 15:26   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Well I won’t be coming for Hugs and Kisses.

Give us some details Dave.

I don't know too many details. Apparently my great grandad was something to do with an engineering company in Rosegrove which had the name of Taylors. Family tree is something I have been trying to do for about 20 years and I think I've still only got as far as me
Old 21-03-2007, 15:33   #13
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't know too many details. Apparently my great grandad was something to do with an engineering company in Rosegrove which had the name of Taylors. Family tree is something I have been trying to do for about 20 years and I think I've still only got as far as me
Worth doing if you don’t mind the odd surprise and the occasional disappointment. It takes time and can cost a bob or two, but it get’s the mind working and can reopen the odd door to new people you never knew where related. I've got my mothers side back to the 1790s but myside of the family has been much harder we few going beyond the 1870s...

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-03-2007, 19:50   #14
God Member

Read this 1st thing this morning, still half asleep, must not have read it properly
Anyway, the George Taylor in my family had a twin brother, I didn't notice the ages etc this morning

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 15:24   #15
Junior Member+

Hi Doug

I have lots of Taylor's in my family tree who came from the Oswaldtwislte and Church area, do you know the parents of your William Taylor?

Sharman
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..