Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 07:31   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngleIron View Post
might have been jean instead of joan...remember she had very dark hair, ....
Sorry have thrown you here Angle Iron the 'Jean' Ormerod I knew had red hair. Just a coincidence I thought. Must have been Joan then.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2009, 13:00   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This thread has really had me thinking back, Does anyone remember the "Infamous" jimmy parkinson (not accy one of my age) reckon he would be mid/late 70s now, if still batting, loved a drink, was not very fond of plod, have one of the funniest storys ever told about that guy, needs to be told not typed.
Old 10-12-2009, 18:03   #78

I do of course if it's the same Jimmy Parkinson would be in his 80's more like, loved his crown green bowling if it's the same one. About Ken Anderton did he live on Victor street just above SparthAvenue? Regards all Old Saintonian.

Last edited by Old Saintonian; 10-12-2009 at 18:05. Reason: miss spelling
Old Saintonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 18:53   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Saintonian View Post
About Ken Anderton did he live on Victor street just above SparthAvenue?
Not sure where Ken lived actually OS .. now lives up Ossie with Jean.

Had an older brother, who I think, moved into the house that my in-laws once lived in on Sparth Avenue.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 19:02   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Saintonian View Post
I do of course if it's the same Jimmy Parkinson would be in his 80's more like, loved his crown green bowling if it's the same one. About Ken Anderton did he live on Victor street just above SparthAvenue? Regards all Old Saintonian.
good on yer mate thats the one, only guessed his age, his partner/missus? always had " Big Hair" n mini skirt even in 80s when it looked ridiculous. was one of the funniest guys i ever met. in drink that is, though some may not have found it funny.
Old 19-12-2009, 17:34   #81

Come on I think it's time there was more feed back from CHRISSIE
SEASONS GREETINGS FROM OLD SAINTONIAN XXXXXXX !!!!!!!
Old Saintonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 22:48   #82

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngleIron View Post
if anybody can tell me what joan/jeans nickname was intat old days ill donate £50 to accy stanley
WELL HELLO EVERYONE, IM BACK again. Havnt been on here for years. Anyway Angleiron yes it was Joan Ormerod, she was one of my mates along with Christine wolstencroft, Linda Pearson (who sadly died a few years ago) Marlene Achaski and Carol Batty. I often wondered what happened to smithy or "Miff" as we used to call him
Old 28-03-2012, 23:51   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
WELL HELLO EVERYONE, IM BACK again. Havnt been on here for years. Anyway Angleiron yes it was Joan Ormerod, she was one of my mates along with Christine wolstencroft, Linda Pearson (who sadly died a few years ago) Marlene Achaski and Carol Batty. I often wondered what happened to smithy or "Miff" as we used to call him
Dunno about smithy or snotty candles as we called him. Me n him once cleared off to Rhyl late 60s, Someone told me he'd moved away, but that was couple of years ago n can't remember who told me or where hed gone.
Old 29-03-2012, 09:00   #84

Do you mean he was still around a couple of years ago? I havnt seen him since about 1970ish!
Old 23-06-2012, 15:43   #85
Junior Member+

yes i know all of them les roe is my father and the others are aunties and uncles my grandparents jimmy and ivy roe brought me up in blackpool cunliffe road.tony died as did jimmy and ivy. dot now lives with chris in cyprus gina lives in thailand.les lives in manchester hope this is of help x
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 20:58   #86
Junior Member+

I knew Les Roe and I worked with his Brother Tony who was a Moulder at the Pioneer Works on Horne Street in Accrington
Tony was something special, we all called him Killer because he was such a lovely gentle lad Where is he now. ????
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 21:06   #87
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I knew Les Roe and I worked with his Brother Tony who was a Moulder at the Pioneer Works on Horne Street in Accrington
Tony was something special, we all called him Killer because he was such a lovely gentle lad Where is he now. ????
Read the previous post - the Killer is no more.
Old 31-08-2012, 18:53   #88
Junior Member+

Here is a picture of les roe (my dad) with my auntie dorothy roe but i dont know where it was taken. He was 20yrs old so it was 1962 christmas eve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LES ROE.jpg (289.8 KB, 59 views)
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 18:58   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
Do you mean he was still around a couple of years ago? I havnt seen him since about 1970ish!
Nah chrissy i meant i was told a couple of years ago he had moved away, they never said when or how long ago.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39   #90

I remember a lady called Marion Ivens who lived in Pickup Street and who used to teach at Barnes Square Sunday School. My mother always called her Marion Roe (I presume her maiden name) Would she have been the same family?
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..