Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 10:18   #91
Junior Member+

Re: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of The ROE FAMILY OF CLAYTON LE MOORS

well my grandma used to live in barnes street but her name was muriel roe dont know what her maidenname was though.she was catholic so could have done help at the sunday school???
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2012, 13:56   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
I remember a lady called Marion Ivens who lived in Pickup Street and who used to teach at Barnes Square Sunday School. My mother always called her Marion Roe (I presume her maiden name) Would she have been the same family?
Marion Ivens still lives on Pickup Street, in her nineties now but still gets to church on a Sunday on her trusty scooter, have known her since I was a little girl, she used to teach me in Sunday school at Barnes Square which unfortunately is no longer there but the church services are now held in Mercer House
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 09:42   #93

So they've moved into the park! What's happened to the old Sunday School building?
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 10:20   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
So they've moved into the park! What's happened to the old Sunday School building?
They have applied for demolition, but has been refused due to the Applicant being short of information to adequately assess the means of demolition, and also for the restoration of the site.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 08:25   #95

Thanks. I wondered if the church were intending to rebuild something there or whether it will now be a case of leaving the building to fall down rather than being demolished if they can't get permission to do that.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:48   #96

I think your dad looks like your uncle Chris as I remember him from the sixties,is the girl on the left your Aunt Dot ?.
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 14:31   #97
Junior Member+

yes its auntie dot x
dawnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..