Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 23:44   #61

Re: Mclean family

Possibly Flashy.... He would probably be my Grandads Cousin jim was also born in 1915
g0bmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2008, 23:44   #62
God Member

go to the first post in this thread, its all there
Old 01-02-2008, 23:45   #63

flashy's first post is wot put me on to the subject
Old 01-02-2008, 23:46   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0bmh View Post
flashy's first post is wot put me on to the subject
Well, the names are all on there.
Old 01-02-2008, 23:46   #65
God Member

lol they are the names we have
Old 01-02-2008, 23:46   #66

The fact that DillHall lLane is mentioned and the names tie up leads me to think that there is a tie in....
Old 01-02-2008, 23:46   #67
God Member

lol lilly stop posting at the same time as me, we are writing the same thing
Old 01-02-2008, 23:48   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0bmh View Post
The fact that DillHall lLane is mentioned and the names tie up leads me to think that there is a tie in....
Two separate McLean families in the Dill Hall area is a coincidence, that's all.

I know another McLean family in Ossy, no relation to me. There's more of them about than you would first think.
Old 01-02-2008, 23:49   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Two separate McLean families in the Dill Hall area is a coincidence, that's all.

I know another McLean family in Ossy, no relation to me. There's more of them about than you would first think.

pmsfl, ive already said that...oh i'm going to bed, let me know if you come to any conclusions
Old 01-02-2008, 23:51   #70

Nooope.

I'll bet it's not co-incidence...... I've been tracing the family tree for about ten years and believe me I've been up a few blind alleys and can smell a trail when when it's there!!
Old 01-02-2008, 23:52   #71

In 1901 there was only one McLean family in Accrington. Most of us will be related. At some point.
Old 01-02-2008, 23:53   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
pmsfl, ive already said that...oh i'm going to bed, let me know if you come to any conclusions

I can feel a headache coming on with all this now. I'm off up the wooden hill too.
Old 01-02-2008, 23:56   #73

No problem. It's a subject that can really hurt the old noggin' once you start looking at family relationships things can get confusing.... What's needed is for you to work out who your relations are are when they were born Then you can start tying events together.... so far I've traced back to 1781. If you can tie into my genealogy then there's at lot of work already been done!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:15   #74
God Member

well me and lilly know who we are related to lol
Old 02-02-2008, 20:26   #75
Senior Member+

Have a look at the photo of a 1955 St Andrews school class. There is a McLean on it. I vaguely recall a Barbara Mclean and I think she lived up Dill Hall.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..