Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 20:24   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Hollins School 1976!

Pat Morley lives in Oswaldtwistle on the same block of friends as a friend of mine.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2013, 13:08   #17
Senior Member+

I think gardener Craig Bullock was at Hollins and left in 76.

http://www.gapphotos.com/featuredeta...featureref=232

I saw a TV program last night he was on and if it's not this guy he sure as sheep looks like him, but I havn't seen him since 76.

Last edited by kestrelx; 05-12-2013 at 13:15.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 22:47   #18
Junior Member+

Hi Nigel, Michael Wood here, used to hang about with Craig at Hollins & it does look like him though like you not seen him since 76, take care mate.
Acky252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 21:42   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi Kestrel

I left in 1975 and I am now a governor at the school.
Mr Cross left earlier this year, Graham Bradley and Keith Vizard are still there, Audrey Cooper has retired but is helping out as a mentor. I see Mr Blackburn around Accrington Town Centre now and again.
I saw Mr Cross in Aldi last week, we saw each other but didn't speak. I left Hollins in 1979. Mr Cooper was my maths teacher, Terry Neville was English teacher, he also was wicket keeper for Accrington CC.
Old 15-02-2014, 23:29   #20
God Member

Terry Neville sits on the row in front of me at the crown ground during every Accrington Stanley home game - lovely man, always a gentleman
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 12:07   #21

I left in 77 but some names from 76,john duxbury,mick mcintyre,steven whelen,howard hudson,roy cronshaw,shaf my older brothe
Some teachers mr mkewon history,mr bradley p.e,mrs whiteside english...regards shaz61.
Shaz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 18:16   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acky252 View Post
Hi Nigel, Michael Wood here, used to hang about with Craig at Hollins & it does look like him though like you not seen him since 76, take care mate.
hi Michael do you remember Steven Richardson? I remember Craig said he was going to agricultural college after Hollins- so I guess he must have and then become a professional gardener.
Old 20-02-2014, 19:33   #23
Junior Member+

Yes, I remember him, had red hair and lived off Manchester road I think. You must remember Carl Riley lived at Huncoat, what happened to him? Will try to think of other people I used to know.
Acky252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 18:28   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acky252 View Post
Yes, I remember him, had red hair and lived off Manchester road I think. You must remember Carl Riley lived at Huncoat, what happened to him? Will try to think of other people I used to know.
Yes that is right, he lived down across from Howarth Park. Carl joined the army - don't know where he is now? What about Nigel Wallwork - remember him?
Old 21-08-2018, 22:13   #25
Junior Member+

Hi Nigel My name is Sean Whitaker. Left Hollins in 76. Moved to London in 78. Knew all the Guys you mentioned. But lost contact with them..
kestrelx likes this.
Old 22-08-2018, 09:16   #26

Craig Bullock is my uncle and is alive and well. He lives in Southern France the majority of the time, but also has a place in Fence.
He's an international Floral Arranger.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 12:52   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accylad View Post
Hi Nigel My name is Sean Whitaker. Left Hollins in 76. Moved to London in 78. Knew all the Guys you mentioned. But lost contact with them..
Yes I remember your name - I once saw Paul Wright driving a mini cab in London - I'm sure it was him right in the middle of rush hour in among all the traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Craig Bullock is my uncle and is alive and well. He lives in Southern France the majority of the time, but also has a place in Fence.
He's an international Floral Arranger.
Yes I remember him telling me he was going to agricultural college just before we left school, I don't know if he went but it figures if he did? - it was only about 3 years ago I was watching late night TV - I saw the program Garden Hopping - and surprised to see him in that, at his house round Pendle area, talking about how he designed the garden - amazing.
smobile likes this.

Last edited by kestrelx; 30-08-2018 at 12:57.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:47   #28
Junior Member+

Hi Gary Lushman Here I left Hollins in 76, I remember most of the names mentioned in this thread, good to see some old names on here, sorry have been absent from this site for a few years, would like to catch up with anyone that remembers me
kestrelx likes this.
Lushy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..