Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2009, 18:24   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Hollins

mancie i remember that metal work teacher was a swine when in a foul mood once broke a metal work file across my elbow.

also the lads being mad on the pe teacher miss cooper and being dissapointed when they found out she was gay.
The maths teacher Mr cooper had a bigger pump size 14 lads used to be scared to death of him.
Saw Mr Blackburn down town the other day he suffering badly with his knees and had it replaced in an operation.

Bacon had the nick name danish from the old danish bacon advert in the early 70's
Lushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2009, 06:00   #17
Junior Member+

I remember once, a lad jumped of the fire escape from the art building.He was a couple of years above me, but i remember it like it was yesterday. It was a bloody long drop too, He just walked away on to the grass between the main building and the ROSLA block (rasing of school leaving age). & we used to stand on the fish pond when it was frozen over. The one that was outside the main building entrance. Mr Hale, did he teach R.E? I cant remember the name of that really fat music teacher. Eh lads do you remember miss bibby at the 1st year annex, she was hot with those mini skirts she used to wear, what legs!
crowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 08:39   #18
Junior Member+

yep miss bibby what legs, the fat music teacher was called harding in our year his nick name was pugwash
Old 25-04-2009, 18:35   #19

LOL, memories. I remember Pugwash. Miss Bibby, Miss Cooper and mr Dean. I also remember Mr Morley and Mr Neville. Brilliant teacher he was. Mr Bacon hated me
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:07   #20
Junior Member+

suedarbo when did you leave Hollins
Old 26-04-2009, 01:03   #21
Junior Member+

I also remember Mrs Breare the english teacher & Miss Slater who taught maths she was a bitch, she left & went to terrorise kids at some other school. I remember cheering at the news. & mr moran (moron) the headmaster.
crowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 23:47   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushy View Post
suedarbo when did you leave Hollins

I left in 79.
Old 26-04-2009, 23:50   #23

OOhhh I vaguely remember Mrs Breare. I remember Miss Whiteside taking Mr Nevilles place teaching English. Mr Cooper was my form teacher at one point. I'm trying to remember my maths teacher, I drove him to distraction lol
Old 26-04-2009, 23:51   #24

I remember Miss Bibby when I went to the Annexe, I can't remember her after that, did she leave?
Old 27-04-2009, 19:47   #25
Junior Member+

Sue your last name not Derbyshire is it?
Old 27-04-2009, 19:50   #26
Junior Member+

Sue Did you know a Rory Lushman
Old 27-04-2009, 23:26   #27

Hiya Lushy,
Yes my last name is Darbyshire. Married name though. Do you know me? I can't remember a Rory Lushman
Old 29-04-2009, 08:22   #28
Junior Member+

hi Sue i do know the name and for the life of me cant remember where from. what was maiden name. i used to work on the Arndale as security many years ago. you might have seen my name in intro section if not its gary lushman married to a wonderful lady called Carole Whittaker and have a sister called Penny (married name Martin) rory was brother obviously he hung around with John beardsworth he def in your year these are just clues to help you as well lol, but for life of me i do know you but where from i dont know.
Old 29-04-2009, 12:26   #29

I was there '74-'79 too. I remember 'Meals on Wheels' as being my year tutor too lol.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 12:33   #30

Pugwashes real name was Mr Harding, I remember Frankland, Scott and Mrs Richardson were all deputy heads with Mr Moran being the head. Mr Willan taught me for maths and 2 years running I remember him fighting with pupils and being pushed down the stairs...
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..